General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 11:26 PM   #31  
it's always something

I didn't see it, was it the one they show on VH1? I think they show reruns on the weekend, I'll definitely have to watch. They showed a couple of snippets from it at the beginning of tonights show, though, and I was shocked that JD didn't put more effort into that. His excuse was lame, too. I think his attitude will have a lingering effect on the voters, regardless of his performance tonight.

I guess i'm glad I didn't see Marty struggling, I really like him now. I voted for him several times tonight

I thought Suzy did a great job tonight! I was dreading her performance, because I couldn't imagine her singing Bohemian Rhapsody, but she pulled it off. It wasn't the greatest thing I've ever heard, but she'll probably end up in the top 3.

Mig started out a little bumpy (IMO) but that note at the end blew me away! I was on the edge of my seat wondering when it would end, lol.

I did love Marty, and was especially touched at the end when he almost burst out into tears. I think the band really likes him. They are hard on him, but they seem to challenge him more than the others, as if they have more interest in him. Maybe I'm imagining it.

I predict JD will be gone next week. Anyone want to bet a reduced calorie Twinkie on it?
Old 08-30-2005, 11:46 PM   #32  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Suzanne - I think JD will be in the bottom 3 at the very least, if not gone. He is his own worst enemy and I think INXS is starting to get fed up with his attitude. I can't get over the fact that he showed up for the studio session unprepared- tch!

Susie is my new favorite. When she was in the mansion rehearsing by herself her voice shone through crystal clear and she did a great job in the studio session. She sounded the best during that segment. She has also proven that she can put on a show and has gotten better with each performance. I was worried about her doing bohemian rhapsody but she pulled it off! good for her!

Jordis did a great job with Imagine although she did falter once or twice, she definitely redeemed herself this week.

Marty did a great job of the Pink Floyd song and showed a different side to his voice. He does have a lot of potential and I think he really felt the song he was singing this week.

Mig got the worst song of the bunch (no offense to any Wings fans) but Live and Let Die isn't a great song lyrically speaking and it is very choppy. He did do a pretty good job and that last note - WOW!!!!!

My top 3 for this week would have to be Suzie, Marty and Jordis.

BTW, is anyone else getting sick of Dave's silly/slick banter with the lovely but seemingly vacant and badly dressed Brooke? This week's " I like the boots, but they are definitely not made for walking" comment made me want to gag and that was a very uncomfortable sounding giggle that was Brooke's big answer

Please Dave, if you don't have anything interesting or intelligent to say then don't say anything at all! And please keep your slimy sexual banter to yourself - thanks!
Old 08-31-2005, 09:49 AM   #33  
Collie Mommie

Well, for the performance show I thought Marty did really well, and so did Suzie. I did not really like MiG's performance very much, and JD was the worst. Jordis missed some notes, I think, or at least I couldn't hear her when she sang low notes. Ty was alright, but I don't care for the smirky faces he makes when he sings. Hopefully, bottom three will include Ty and JD, and one of them will go home. Although, as the competition goes on, I am liking Jordis less and less. I found her "Imagine" dull last night. Not as bad as JD's Elvis, but dull. JD was at least good for a laugh.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:26 AM   #34  
Collie Mommie

Not surprised Ty is gone. It is looking like the final three will be Suzie, MiG, and maybe Marty. Jordis seems to be slipping. JD will probably get the boot next time they eliminate [or at least he should].
Old 09-01-2005, 03:00 PM   #35  

Last night's vote was ridiculous. Ty was voted out by race. That's America for ya. JD should have been out a million years ago. If he outs his hand down his pants just one more time I'm jumping through the TV and slapping him.

Although Susie has been pretty good, I think they've got either Mig or Marty in mind.

And I didn't even go OP while I was watching!!!! LOL

Radiodoll
Old 09-01-2005, 03:08 PM   #36  

Hi i am new to this board and i am so happy i found this thread i missed the show this week and i am glad to catch up, I hope i can lose this weight and am excited to visit the board again thanks all and Happy Dieting
Old 09-01-2005, 03:11 PM   #37  

I love this show!

I have to disagree with the comment that Ty made about how he believes he was voted out because of his race. I highly doubt that! I think that he is a very talented singer and performer, but I personally do not care for his style. He is too over the top in the drama department. That being said, I think he did an amazing job of "No woman, no cry"... but definately not the INXS songs he has had to sing.

I really like Jordis. My fav performance of hers so far is the Bowie song The Man who Sold the World. But, I don't think she will win either.

I think Marty has amazing talent and I especially liked how he wants the focus to be on the performances not the "drama in the house" like other reality shows. I am not sure if he is entirely right for the band either...

J.D. has too much arrogance and ego and not enough talent...

Susie has really grown in this competition and I like her more and more. Again, I am not sure if she is right to head the band

So, I guess that leaves MiG. He is a strong performer and vocalist... and he is Australian! In a way I hope he is in the bottom 3 next week just so we can hear him sing some INXS

Just my 2 cents....
Old 09-01-2005, 03:52 PM   #38  
Collie Mommie

I personally think Ty is too dramatic on stage, and I never cared what his race was. He smiles and makes some very theatrical facial expressions that I don't like. I also think he is too "soul" for a band that considers itself "rock." He did a good job with his song this week, but he didn't do the INXS song very well (INXS said none of them did).
Old 09-04-2005, 06:51 PM   #39  

ty the spiked head kid is gone and I thought he was so cool sort of like a novelty item
sad to see him go
Old 09-04-2005, 06:58 PM   #40  
it's always something

I liked Ty, but was really disappointed to hear his comments when he was voted off. But I know he was really hurt that he didn't win the spot, and I hope he goes on to do bigger and better things.

I'm really loving Marty Has anyone visited his website, at least the website of his former band? They have some tracks that sound really good.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:26 AM   #41  

I don't think Ty was voted out because of his race and although I know he was hurt that he was being sent home I think his comments were inappropriate. Jordis is also African American and she is still there so I don't agree with his comments. Look at bands like Fishbone or Sevendust -they were awesome.

Some of his performances were so so and he hasn't been consistent. I liked him but I didn't think his style of singing matched the band very well and that is why he went. I personally think it should have been JD as his performance of the INXS song was the lamest of the three and I was sad to see TY go.

I have much more respect for Suzie than I did when the show started. JD started off well and Jordis started off well but their performances haven't consistent.

Mig is great and has plenty of experience onstage and Marty seems to be growing and learning and getting better. He does need to sing more and scream less.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:03 PM   #42  

Oh I missed ty's comments. didn't know the little chap thought he was voted off because of his skin pigmentation. I didn't realize Jordis was African American. Anyway I also like the timid little blonde fellow, he seems so shy and introverted but when he gets on stage he is very good
Old 09-06-2005, 11:26 AM   #43  
Collie Mommie

I think Jordis is actually a Pacific Islander, not black. She's from Tonga, or at least her dad is.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:44 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 144/137/128

Height: 5 ft. 4.5 in.

Default I agree

My son was rooting for Ty but we didn't care for his comments either. It was not a racial decision at all, in my opinion. I just don't think INXS saw him as the right singer for their group. I think he is talented and would be better doing a solo thing with a backup band. I'm wondering if a woman like Suzy or Jordis doesn't make it, would they think it's because they are female?...I don't think so but personally I would be surprised if a woman is chosen to win...I think either Marty or Mig will win. Marty was great last week...I wasn't too impressed with Mig last time although I think he has a good chance to win. Can't wait to see tonight. I think JD's days are numbered (I don't like his "stance" if you know what I mean) and maybe Jordis too if she doesn't kick it up some. We'll see what happens.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:50 PM   #45  

Whoops! - I thought Jordis was African American. I know her parents are two different nationalities - didn't know her dad was an Islander, guess she gets the best of two worlds . Sometimes you can't tell - everyone always asks me if I'm Irish when I am actually Scottish and I have a friend who is Inuit and people keep asking her if she is Chinese

I really hope that Ty gets signed by a label though as he is very talented - I'd buy his album!
Closed Thread