General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 02:05 PM   #16  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I knew it would come down to Brandon and Jessica. I think Jessica should have gone last night but Brandon forgot the lyrics to the INXS song so I don't blame them for booting him last night!

He is good but just not right for INXS. I haven't been impressed by Jessica's performances since day one. She's okay but she doesn't project emotion very well.

Trixe - I remember Joydrop -FYI for anyone who is wondering what the hey Tixie and I are talking about (aboot?) http://jd4ts.tripod.com/index.html that song Beautiful was great! I hope Tara does well in the future.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:35 AM   #17  
undeniably moby

I keep forgetting this show is on, even though it's on like every day or something.

With that said, I'm really surprised how good it is. Like some others, I was pretty appalled when I heard INXS was going to try to replace Michael Hutchence via broadcasted talent show. However...it totally works. American Idol could learn a LOT from this show. No cutesy schtick, no 738 minutes of filler per episode, just a straight up contest. Even the episodes in the house make sense. (I may be speaking too soon, though. When they have fewer contestants, they may need to fill more time and progress toward the Land of Suck.) And as an added bonus? No Ryan Seacrest. Yay!

I have a big 'ol crush on Marty, and Mig looks like a guy I used to know. The only woman who's really impressed me so far is Jordis.

But all in all, I'm digging it. I remember Michael's tragic death, and I remember wondering who would be able to fill his shoes if the band decided to continue on. I don't think anyone can, really, but I'm enjoying watching the process. And oh, I never knew those Farriss boys were such sweethearts. I swoon!
Old 08-12-2005, 08:16 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 144/137/128

Height: 5 ft. 4.5 in.

I thought, too, it may have been a double elimination again this week. I knew Brandon
was going to have to go eventually. I have to disagree about some of the other performances, though. I really thought Marty and Ty were great last week and I liked the song Mig sang (Alright Now) but I didn't think his performance was that great. "No Woman, No Cry" is an old song from the 70's and one of my all time favorites and I think Ty sounded great with it. My son was happy because Ty is his favorite although he wondered what happened to his spikes last week! I told him he just tamed them down. He really likes his spikey hair and his singing but I told him Ty probably won't win so he won't get disappointed if he gets eliminated.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:31 PM   #19  
Collie Mommie

Watched it last night - wasn't too impressed with Jordis, yet again. I didn't really feel she understood the lyrics she was singing. Marty sining the Britney song was funny, but I think he did a pretty good job. I think Deanna may be the one who gets the boot this week - she didn't do such a great job last night, and I am not feeling too good about her abilities at singing INXS songs. I still think she is a great singer, though.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:14 PM   #20  
it's always something

I thought Jordis did a good job, but you could tell she wasn't really feeling it.

I thought it was hysterical that they made Marty sing a Britney song!

I'm more certain than ever that Mig will be the winner
Old 08-18-2005, 01:16 AM   #21  
undeniably moby

Until last night, I thought Mig was cute and fun and I wanted to put him in my pocket. Now? Pretty sure I want to have his babies. I loved Marty's take on Brit, but Mig. Wow.

I agree that Jordis had no idea what she was singing. That's a song for someone with some major years of hardcore living behind them. Jordis, not so much.

My favorite female performance was Suzie doing Bring It On Home To Me. I love Sam Cooke, and that song just kicks all kinds of butt. INXS and Dave were right...it's as if she knew it for years, rather than just learned it a few days earlier.

I won't miss Jessica.

J.D. shouldn't have cut his hair. Just sayin.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:03 PM   #22  
it's always something

I also thought Suzie did a great job! It's actually the only time I really liked her. She was made for that kind of music, maybe she'll continue with it

I love Mig! More and more Have you noticed how he's always cheering everyone else on and really getting into their performances? He seems genuinely nice.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:31 AM   #23  

Default I Agree!

Hi Suzanne, I totally agree with you. I think Suzy really tried to pull out all the stops last night because she doesn't want to be on the bottom again. Mig is actually the one I picked to win this competition. I noticed several weeks ago that he was always happy for the other contestants. I have to admit that I liked Deanna's original song, too...I didn't think I would but it fit her perfectly. She may be on the bottom again tonight, though, because her name was on the bottom 3 for the first results. That was the first time I thought Jordis was terrible...I guess it just wasn't her night. My son will be so disappointed if Ty is kicked off (loves his spikes!)...he was on the bottom also for first results. I told him Ty would be better off if he didn't win because if he could front his own band he would be probably do better and be happier but he doesn't understand how losing could be a good thing sometimes.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:50 PM   #24  
Collie Mommie

Jordis stank last night. She hit some wrong notes before the "super high note debacle" and just sounded awful. I still do not really like MiG - he sings alright, but I just don't get the swarms of women thinking he is good-looking; I figured out why I am not too impressed - he reminds me of Japanimation cartoons. The ears and the angular face.
Deanna's song rocked. Marty was a little scary doing "I Alone." Suzie, Ty and J.D. all did well, I thought. I am not convinced that Jordis will be in the bottom three, but she deserves it based on last night's performance.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:23 PM   #25  

Default Results

Wow, I was surprised to see Marty in the bottom 3. But seeing Deanna on the bottom 3 again, I figured her number was up eventhough I thought last night was her best performance. I missed most of the show tonight but saw the last 5 minutes. I told DH I wanted to get home in time to see it and he thinks I'm crazy. I went on the Rockstar website and found out the show was an hour long tonight so I got to see the end...I just wanted to know who was going home but seeing Marty there surprised me (although I do get a little creeped out by him sometimes) because I used to think he had a chance to win this....I think Jordis should have been on the bottom three...I'd like to see her sing an INXS song...I've never seen her sing one.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:21 AM   #26  
it's always something

I like Deanna much better now, but she really wasn't right for INXS. I hope she'll get something good out of this, though, she'd be great on her own.

I also was shocked to see Marty in the bottom 3. I was more shocked to hear what all the band had to say after his performance Tuesday. But I'm glad Marty stood up for himself.

I'm starting to think JD might beat out Mig. Did you catch Dave's comment about JD having the best voice for them?

There are six left now, but are there 6 weeks left to show it in? Doesn't the new CBS fall schedule start sometime in September? I keep expecting another dramatic ending where they'll send 2 or 3 home.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:38 AM   #27  
Collie Mommie

I am glad Marty wasn't sent packing, but I'll miss Deanna. She may not have been INXS material, but she sounded really great. Who's next, ya think? Ty?
Old 08-25-2005, 02:05 PM   #28  

I think Jordis just got too ambitious with "Dream On" I knew she wouldn't be able to hit those notes even before seeing her rehearsing. She is good and has a nice voice but she is not that experienced enough to have that strong of a voice to pull off that song. In fact I don't think many people could do it. She just bit off more than she could chew and had a bad night. That is probably why she wasn't voted into the bottom three.

Deanna did well with her song but I don't think she is right for INXS. I figured she would go last night before Marty or TY. I still don't think Ty is the right fit for INXS either.

I'm not drooling over Mig but he does have a good voice and would probably get along well with the band. He seems to have a nice personality and is very confident.

JD is good but still needs to be less attitudinal, there is a difference between being confident and being arrogant. I think being told he was in the bottom 3 for a while may have given him some food for thought. He has a lot of potential if he is willing to learn and take direction.

Suzie did a lot better but I haven't cared for her performances since the beginning. It's nothing personal, I just don't care for her style of singing.

I feel that Marty, Mig or JD will make it to the end. Jordis is good but she lacks experience. I think that whatever happens she will get signed by someone.

On a side note...I don't know who the stylist is for Brooke but they are doing a lousy job. One or two items of clothing or jewellery she has worn have been funky but the other night I thought she was wearing lingerie and last night she looked like a pseudo punk and her skirt was really ugly - yuck!
Old 08-29-2005, 10:39 AM   #29  
Collie Mommie

Does anyone watch the "reality" show that comes on VH1 on Sunday nights? I am always too busy with my dogs and dinner dishes to remember that it comes on at 8. I read on another forum that JD has an Elvis song - which is funny since he used to be an Elivs impersonator or something like that.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:26 PM   #30  

So what did everyone think of last night's episode?

Watching Marty rehearse was almost painful, he seemed so off key. I thought he blew it during the studio taping but he seemed to redeem himself when he toned down at INXS's request.

What the **** is wrong with JD? I can't believe that he slept while the others were rehearsing! and he didn't do very well at the taping.

Suzie and Mig did okay but I wasn't that impressed by Jordis. Ty wasn't that great either IMHO ( )

I think Suzie may have bitten off more than she can chew with Bohemian Rhapsody but I hope she does well tonight.
Closed Thread