American Idol - Page 7 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 10:45 PM   #91  

Does Diana bother anyone else as much as she bothers me? She seems really fake. I would blame it on her age, but I'll Fantasia is only how old?
Old 05-21-2004, 09:20 AM   #92  

The thing I've noticed most with Diana is she seems to have put on a lot of weight since it all started. Her face and hips have grown to me. Anyone else see that? Fantasia was 19 when this started and I don't know if she's had a birthday since the tryouts or not. Diana is so young that her parents would technically own her contract and it would be a Leanne Rimes thing all over again in the end. Honestly to me, they should have an age limit of at least 18 to have been on there. Maybe diana will grow with age. Just my dimes worth this morning.
Old 05-21-2004, 11:06 AM   #93  

Quote:
Originally Posted by onobles
Does Diana bother anyone else as much as she bothers me? She seems really fake. I would blame it on her age, but I'll Fantasia is only how old?
She's just too perky.
Old 05-26-2004, 08:44 AM   #94  

Didn't see the show last night... Any IMO's?

I did listen to a radio show on the way to work this morning that had a contest that sent someone to the live show. The lady said that she is a Fantasia fan, but that in the live performances Diana blew her out of the water.

Any predictions for tonight?
Old 05-26-2004, 09:55 AM   #95  

I disagree with that actually. Fantasia didn't do to good when she sang "All My Life" but like the judges said, it sounded like the live band made it sound as bad as it did and fantasia was just trying to make up for that. Both girls sang the new Idol song that will be the first release and Fantasia was MUCH better on that one than Diana. Diana seemed to be yelling and was too pitchy on it and fantasia just added a lot more to it. Fantasia also sang Summertime that she sang a few weeks ago and it was beautiful. Diana did the "enough is enough is enough" song that she did back on disco night to try to win it as well as another one that I heard her sing before but slips my mind at the moment. Fantasia has to win this in my opinion because she's older and I think it would be more of an emotional win for her.
Old 05-26-2004, 02:57 PM   #96  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hi,

Just found this thread. I got hooked this year. Watched a little last year ~ my husband would call me ~ look at this one or that one. How do you all get through to vote? We tried to vote for Clay last year, my husband couldn't stay up, so put me to dialing ~ I used the redial, and kept at it for the 2 hours that the lines were open, and never could get through to vote even once let alone multiple times.

It has been fun and interesting to watch ~ sometimes surprising. I only got to watch it every other week (live) because of my work schedule. Sometimes, I would catch bits and pieces of it at work, if one of my patient's happend to be watching it. Then I would get on the cell phone and call my mom to see who had gotten bumped that night.

Where I live is the town right next to High Point ~ Fantasia's home town. Tonight they are having an American Idol viewing party at the coliseum here in town. It is free and free parking. The local radio personalities will be there and Clay Aiken will be the host. We are gonna go ~ usually we kind of avoid places with crowds, but since we are hooked ~ we couldn't pass it up. I am feeling silly and excited all at the same time.

Gayle
Old 05-26-2004, 07:45 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

ohhh I sooo hope Fantasia wins!!!!! I voted several times last night! LOL Gayle I'm excited too!!!

michelle
Old 05-27-2004, 07:27 AM   #98  

Woo she won I wont see it till Sunday though.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:32 AM   #99  

Hi Gayle,
I live here in N.C. also just outside of Raleigh and I remember last year that many people had problems getting through for Clay. If I remember correctly they were blaming it on the phone lines here in N.C. I am not sure what the whole thing was I just remember something about it. People were very upset about it.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:15 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 144/137/128

Height: 5 ft. 4.5 in.

Talking They both should be proud

I thought the show last night was great although I missed some of the first hour. On Tuesday's show, I must say I wasn't thrilled with Fantasia's first song, though she sure made up for it with the second two. I really thought Diana might have a chance after her first two songs. I sing solo in front of people (o.k., it's in church so it's a lot different) but there are times when it's a combination of nerves and hearing something different in the music that can throw you off. I think that's what happened with Diana's final song. I think that hurt her. But I think she can still make it big. I am glad Fantasia won eventhough I really wanted LaToya to win (but I think she'll do alright). Fantasia has a special star quality and she really puts everything into her singing. Like I said in the title they should both be proud...actually, all them should be proud...and I hope we see and hear more of George in the future too (but he has to pick the right songs!).
Old 05-27-2004, 11:06 AM   #101  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Tasia
Old 05-27-2004, 11:08 AM   #102  

I thought it was weird seeing the top 12 all together again last night. I felt bad, becaues I couldn't even remember some of their names....Guess that either shows how bad my memory is or how fast their star quality faded.....Also, when watching some of them perform and hearing them sing after not seeing them for a few weeks, it was like, "How did they ever make it as far as they did in the 1st place?" They were just so BAD compared to the ones who made the top 3.

Anyway, I really hadn't wanted Fantasia to win all along, but she seemed so genuine last night when she was singing that final song (after they announced her as winner) that I can't help but be glad she did. I agree that we'll be seeing more of Latoya, at least I hope so.
Old 05-28-2004, 11:30 AM   #103  
it's always something

I'm glad she won. Well, I had hoped La Toya would win, but when she was gone, it seemed natural that Fantasia would win. She does have a fantastic voice and when she sings, you have to sit up and notice. She seemed to have an attitude problem early on, but I think she's past that. I hope she does well in the business, and I'm sure she has a lot to learn and get used to. Her whole life is going to change. And I'm sure we'll see La Toya again
Closed Thread