American Idol - Page 3 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 12:39 AM   #31  
it's always something

I hope LaToya wins. She is so talented, and I think she has what it takes! Fantasia did put on an EXCELLENT performance, and if she were to record Summertime, I'd buy it! But I would have a hard time being a fan because I just don't care for her attitude/personality. LaToya seems so graceful, she reminds me of what "star quality" is supposed to be.

John Stevens... I'm still confused about him and why he's still in there.

Have you heard about the AI spoof show set to air this fall? Here is a quote from tvguide:
Quote:
The WB has quietly wrapped production on Superstar USA, a bizarre version of American Idol that tosses out great singers while rewarding the William Hungs of the world. But in typical reality fashion, the contestants are not in on the joke. In fact, the judges must keep a straight face when they heap praise on tone-deaf singers and send truly gifted crooners home. "These people believe they're the next pop superstar, even though they're horrible singers," exec producer Mike Fleiss (The Bachelor) tells Variety. "This is about people who are clearly delusional and watching them butcher song after song." That is just plain cruel. I love it!
Do you love it? I think it sounds horrifying! How low can we stoop for entertainment.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:48 AM   #32  

I'm still annoyed. How could you do this to me AMERICA?

Old 04-16-2004, 03:10 PM   #33  

Me too! I thought he was reallly good on wednesday but I guess all of John Stevens friends voted for him even though I think HE was really bad.
Old 04-16-2004, 06:49 PM   #34  

Ok, I know he's got a lot of fans out there, but I just can't say I'll miss JPL. He is a cute kid, and could probably find his way in the entertainment field(more theatre related) just an opinion Veggie. I know your a big fan.
But I just don't think he was due to go yet. The redhead, John Stevens? Why? JPL is definitely better than him. I even think he did better than Dianna this week. I think it's going to come down to Latoya & Fantasia. Fantasia has the one up because she seems flawless in staying in key. Latoya misses once in a while. But personally, with training, I think Latoya has it on Fantasia. She seems sweet & personable, but is that what the public wants. This is a tough one. The others are good but just fillers for the next few weeks. Just my opinion. It is fun to watch.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:26 PM   #35  

I've seen show now and the judges ( cept Simon ) even liked him this week! Diana should have gonnnnnne. Quentin was good judge they are normally so boring, we don't have guest judges in Pop Idol (UK version except ours was first ) I am so looking forward to Barry Manilow week, he has good songs But JPL going was v bad WHAT WERE YOU THINKING AMERICA?
Old 04-17-2004, 03:07 AM   #36  

Height: 5' 2"

I was rooting for him! Sorry he got voted off. Very disappointed. Patricia
Old 04-17-2004, 01:34 PM   #37  

You know what the problem was? The stupid President Bush press briefing. There was absolutely ZERO reason for him to go on TV and tell us we had a bad week in Iraq - I'm pretty sure we all already knew it. I know I wasn't able to watch American Idol this week b/c it was on a different day. I bet that messed up the voting. It's a Bush conspiracy against JPL!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2004, 10:40 AM   #38  

Wiilliam Hung is pretty bad. I heard his song on the radio the other day and could not belive they were playing it. After thinking about it I decided that I would rather hear his song than any of Brittnay Spears.
Old 04-21-2004, 04:06 PM   #39  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hi there. Just dropping in on this discussion. I started watching AI during last season, about half way through and got very caught up in it. This year I am ready to quit now. All the interesting people have gotten kicked off already. Not to say that those who are left aren't good singers but no one is really catching my attention as at the same time as last year. No John Stevens is not that great of a singer, not yet anyway. In a few years if he keeps up with his singing I'll bet he could be another Harry Connick Jr. It is too difficult for him to sing songs in other genres although he didn't do too badly with Mandy this week. Sadly I think the final 3 are going to be Fantasia, George and then either Jennifer or LaToya. I don't think anyone could possibly say that Diana, Jasmine or John will make it past these 4. Not unless one of them just suddenly improves 1 million % next week.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:14 PM   #40  

You know I totally expected jasmine, diana and red-head in the bottom 3 this week but none were. What is going on? How in the world was Jennifer let go?? What will it take to boot off John??? Jennifer was my third favorite and I"m still rooting for latoya.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:55 PM   #41  
it's always something

Wasn't this the strangest show ever??????? HOW did this happen? Well, I still didn't vote But how could John Stevens have received more votes than Latoya, Jennifer, and Fantasia? Computer error? Or are people just taking for granted that the top 3 will automatically get the votes, so they use their time and efforts voting for their second favorite?

I've only ever attempted to vote once. It was last year, for the final two. I tried so hard to vote for Clay, but could never get through. Redial, redial, redial.. No luck. Is that what it is always like?

On the other hand, I took a look at the message board on the official Idol site and was amazed at how many people said they voted multiple times for their favorites, some of them voting over 100 times.

I don't know. It's Bizarro world tonight.
Old 04-21-2004, 10:58 PM   #42  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

It's a conspiracy I tell you!!

I just love this thread! Thank you to all you mainlanders for giving me the heads-up on what's happening even before it airs here. I've still got 2 hours before the show airs here. I'm in Hawaii which is the last to see the show and I'm a need-to-know-NOW kind of girl. I've watched AI from season 1 but have only been "obsessed" (ok yeah, I admit I'm a geek on this) with it since this season with Camille and Jasmine being from my small home state of Hawaii~~you go girls! I think it was amazing that Camille got as far as she did. Interesting sounding voice but not much power behind it--lots of emotion, but no volume. Yeah Suzanne, I totally agree w/the "deer in the headlights" look. As we say in HI, "pua ting" (poor thing )

I think Jasmine is right on the cusp of packing too. Cute girl but she needs to get more control over her voice. I think she'll do quite nicely given a few more years to get polished.

I don't wanna say anything about John Stevens ...last time I did (on another thread) somebody actually knew him. He does have a voice but for a totally different genre--he would've been an idol back in the 50's I think.

Well, I've rambled on and on only to say that my loyalties lie with LaToya all the way, although I've never ever actually tried to vote for anyone, ever
Old 04-22-2004, 09:14 AM   #43  

I can't believe they were the bottom three People are still voting for John? I liked him too at the beginning but it is time to say byebye.
Old 04-22-2004, 10:43 AM   #44  

Suzanne,

You sound like me. I can not believe who was in the bottom 3 this week!

I should not complain because I don't vote. I have 2 reasons for not voting this year. I have not felt compelled because I have not decided who's the best yet and I read that Ruben's mother voted countless times last year, therefore, I knew that my one little vote would not amount to anything.

I voted last year for Clay too. I usually did not get through until midnight each time. I really wanted him to win, he is so talanted. His voice gives me chills sometimes.

Deb
Old 04-22-2004, 10:58 AM   #45  

I had wondered if multiple votes were possible. Hmmmm.... Now I know, for all the good it'll do me--I''ve never voted either!

I think EVERYONE was shocked at the outcome last night! George Huff looked like he was going to cry. All I know, was when it came down to Jennifer and Fantasia I was repeating a mantra of "please let Fantasia go, please let Fantasia go." Something about her just really irks me. Ich.

La Toya is still my favorite. She has had one or two missed notes, but overall, she is the most consistantly great performer. Plus she seems to be one of those women who has the attitude to match her beauty. Kind of like Whitney before Bobby, ya know? Good all the way around. 'Course I could be totally wrong......

Can't wait till next week.

Please get rid of Fantasia or John Stevens!!
Closed Thread