General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #1  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Eye therapy - anyone had it?

Well I thought I'd ask this here as it seems as usually I find people here that had have everything done.

Has anyone out there had or known someone that had eye therapy sessions? What were your experiences and were you satisfied with the results?

I'm asking as my son was recommended for it and it's very expensive and time consuming, so I'm looking for opinions.

Thanks~
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:07 AM   #2  
made my dad a promise

S/C/G: 302/Ticker/160

Years ago, when I was in college, the eyesight (near-sightedness) in my left eye degraded quickly and by the time I saw the eye doctor, I had stopped "using" my left eye, which was causing me to feel nauseous all the time, especially when driving - looking back and forth between the road and the instrument panel. They prescribed what I think you are talking about.

I have no idea the cost, but for me, it involved going to an optometrist's office and spending a few half-hours (I think?) a week doing various "games" where they tried to train my eyes to work together again. Oh, and the other critical part of this was to have glasses that worked for both eyes so that they were both feeding my brain clear images. For me it seemed to work, but I have no idea whether simply the new glasses that were the right prescription would have worked just as well without the eye therapy exercises.

Best of luck!
ilbnej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #3  

Vex, are you referring to convergence problems with the eye, where your eyes don't focus correctly (the pencil test), and it causes blurred vision and headaches?
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:10 PM   #4  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Default re:

He has a depth perception issue. He can't see 3-D apparently because his brain doesn't use one of his eyes and he's been wearing a patch to correct it.

Is that the same thing you're referring to? Probably not?
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote