General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 04:37 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 View Post
I'm having a crappy weekend. Bad news all around. I'm going to be a debbie downer for half an hour, then try to be happy again. Maybe I'll buy some new nail polish to cheer myself up.
I'm sorry you are having a crappy weekend. You deserve that nail polish, go indulge!
Old 01-16-2011, 06:18 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 218/188/150

Height: 5'5

Oh I completely understood and agree with you FitGirl!! I was just thinking about my son. But I know EXACTLY what kind of parents you're talking about. I agree that it should be child abuse in the case of my cousins and my sisters friend, it IS child abuse we have a responsibility to protect our children from harmful and unnecessary childhood diseases.

There are already so many unforseen things that can happen to a child. We shouldn't add to that. I applaud every parent who has tried to turn their lives around and that of their child. If you grew up in an environment like that it's even harder to pull yourself out of the cycle if it's all that you know. It's really sad all around really
Old 01-16-2011, 07:05 PM   #48  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

It's not even just protecting them from childhood diseases. Allowing obesity in children leads them to a lifetime of suffering and illness that for many of them will never go away. I will probably never have biological children, the reason being the obesity that began when I was a child.

Which leads me to the more about me:

I am 32, married, and in the middle of adopting through the foster care system. As I have already said, I have been heavy almost my entire life. I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Unfortunately I did not take care of it at that stage either, partially due to being stationed in England at the time where metformin was the only med I could get and I don't do well on it and partially due to being too lazy and spoiled. I was diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic in July 2009. That was finally the scare I needed. I got my butt in gear and through proper meds, proper diet, and a lot of sweat I got my numbers down to non-diabetic numbers by October and have kept them there ever since. My weight loss stalled through 2010, admittedly, I was not working as hard as I had been. In September I took on a 5th grade class and the stress and long hours led to a lack of exercise and poor food choices. I put back on a little over 20 pounds between September and January. I am no longer working the stressful job and have gone back to my normal eating plan and am working out again. I've dropped about 5 pounds now since Jan. 3.

I am supposed to be a teacher, but I am not currently working. I am also no longer interested in being a teacher. I went into the profession with the desire to help children. At this point the way the public schools are run with so much government involvement a teacher can't actually teach the kids, they aren't allowed to truly teach them. Being a public school teacher no longer offers the opportunity to help children the way I want to. I considered trying to get a job at a private school, but then I decided that it is pretty easy for private schools to get good teachers and those aren't really the kids who need my help. My plan is to go back to school to become a social worker and work in the foster care system. Now I just have to figure out how to pay for school and the renovations that our house needs all without me working a full time job. Fun!

Last edited by FitGirlyGirl; 01-16-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:44 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 218/188/150

Height: 5'5

FitGirl, you're definitely right about that! And GEEZ you sound like me! I know exactly what you mean about the public schools. I worked for them before I started at the university. We have home renovation stuff we have to do also.

That's awesome that you're adopting! Good luck!
Old 01-17-2011, 05:41 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Just checking in.
50 min swimming
50 min spin bike
20 min walking 3.8 at 10 incline.

My triathlon is in 2 weeks so gearing up for it.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:35 PM   #51  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Amen!!!

I have said it for years and years that having a heavy child is child abuse!! Thank you!! Parents CAN control what a toddler and a young child eats. I find it heart breaking when I see little children who are waddling about because they carry so much extra weight. -- It becomes harder as kids grow older, but hopefully they learned something early on, and can make healthy choices. My daughter is addicted to sugar, and we stopped buying the fruit roll ups and cookies. She still gets some at school or friend's house, but at least home is not pushing them.

My best friend, who happens to be a public school teacher is in a process of fostering to adopt ! Right now they have this most adorable 17 month old. Unfortunately he won't stay with them for ever. He is waiting for his other new family get all paperwork in order. --I admire you guys so much!!

I had a good weekend up north, and I think I only came back 1 pound heavier!! Yay! Tomorrow back to my hikes through snow and calorie counting! -- Old me would be giving up; but new me just looks at this as a test! More determined than ever!

Shop ((hug))

Last edited by Sum38; 01-17-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:46 AM   #52  

All right ladies. My personal best since I started hitting the gym.

3.67 miles in 42min with a 1 min warm up and a 2 min cool down.
(oh and 15 min weight training-legs)

How is everyone else with their workouts?
Old 01-18-2011, 08:56 AM   #53  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

We have absolutely the yuckiest weather out there. Rain and sleet....I can endure a lot, but this is just misery, and I would be soaked in 2 minutes time if I ventured out there....

So no walk for me today. My hubby refinished the hardwood floors this weekend, and now carpets look like crap...I think I will steamclean them; pushing that big machine should count as a workout?

After eating junk for the past three days, I'm back to my healthy diet. Bummer is that I left my debitcard upnorth and I can not go out and get veggies, until hubby gets home. I am such an airhead at times!!

Last edited by Sum38; 01-18-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:11 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 159/149/125

Height: 5' 2 1/2"

I was fat, and it was my fault.

Now I've lost some weight, I feel more confident, and I'm on the right track. And that too, is my doing.

(Sum38: yayyyy for your fab replacement boobies!)
Old 01-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #55  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Sum38 - We want to foster eventually, but I know I can't handle it until I have one to keep, so for now we are only open to them placing a child that we can keep with us. Also, I use a body bugg and I clean my own carpets, so I can tell you, that yes, that should count as a workout

My period has been trying to start for over a week and it is messing with my mojo. GRRRRR! Anybody got a spell that gives one a sane cycle?
Old 01-18-2011, 05:03 PM   #56  

Two words...Endometrial ablation. As soon as my husband comes back from training I am looking into having this procedure. My sister had it done and is happy with the results. That is the only spell I know but it doesn't give you a sane cycle, it takes away the cycle. lol. She still gets all of the symptoms just no period.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:07 AM   #57  
banned

Whoops. I haven't been posting. Anyway, I've been doing 40 minutes of workout DVDs every day. I mix it up, and do bits and pieces of different exercises. It's helping me stay on plan, and I'm not getting bored. I'm trying to eat better too.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:30 AM   #58  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Great thread! I've copied it into Weightloss Support where it truly belongs. Here ya go!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...ou-scared.html Please carry on there as this thread is now closed.
Closed Thread