General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

View Poll Results: Do FLIP-FLOPS Count?
Flip-flops DO NOT count in a ladies shoe count 32 51.61%
Flip-Flops DO count in a ladies shoe count 24 38.71%
If flip-flops DO NOT count I have no shoes 6 9.68%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2010, 07:10 PM   #16  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

[QUOTE=EZMONEY;3265726][SIZE="3"]

For $1...that's it she has been paying $2 for years...aaarrrghghhhh I'll talk to her about her excessive spending.

Dead man, walking!!
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:30 PM   #17  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskinomad View Post

Dead man, walking!!
NAH! I was THAT when I didn't tell her I was a smoker until we had been dating for 3 months....she says I lied...I said she never asked....THAT is still being debated 15+ years later!

FYI...non-smoker almost 13 years now
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:54 PM   #18  
this space for rent

S/C/G: 274/274/140

Height: 5'8"

anything that covers the foot and isnt a sock is a shoe. even if there is not much to them, they are a shoe and do count. the nice thing about an ecessive amout of flip flops is that the plain ones are easier to smuggle out of the house.
eroica27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:44 PM   #19  
To Maintenance-AND BEYOND

S/C/G: 252/ticker/189

Height: 5'2"

You weren't wrong on the flip flops counting issue. You were wrong when you said "my wife has too many shoes!" There is no such thing as too many shoes. The end!
Eumie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:55 PM   #20  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

i personally think they count. but since Angie says they don't count- then THEY DON'T COUNT and that's all you need to know. lol.

the only time they don't count is if you're fighting w/ your husband because he says you have too many or you have agreed to limit the amount of shoes you have.

that said- i have 3 pairs of shoes. total. and husband still fights with me. he must have a death wish.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:14 PM   #21  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eroica27 View Post
anything that covers the foot and isnt a sock is a shoe....
Then what in the heck are those funny looking croc things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumie View Post
.... There is no such thing as too many shoes. The end!
And yet when I tell her there is no such thing as too many beers she doesn't appear amused....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziep View Post

the only time they don't count is if you're fighting w/ your husband because he says you have too many or you have agreed to limit the amount of shoes you have.
I flat refuse to fight with her....I hate losing! She will never limit her shoes but you can bet my closet space will get more limited the more shoes she buys...seriously she has 3/4 of the walk in closet...I have 1/4....she also has one of the guest bedroom closets for coats...freakin coats/wedding/girls prom-homecoming gowns...HELLL-OOO...we live in Southern California!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 04-28-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:41 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

[QUOTE=EZMONEY;3268679]Then what in the heck are those funny looking croc things?

In a word, hideous. Sorry but I hate those things.

And I'm with you. Flip-flops do count as shoes. You can wear them into a store that has the "no shirt, no shoes, no service" signs, so they pass as shoes.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:34 AM   #23  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

I think they count, or at least I count them as part of my shoe collection.

This reminds me, I need new flip flops now that the weather is getting nice...
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:54 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 147/121/118

Height: 5'4

My mother-in-law to be is always ragging on me about how many shoes I own. It really pees me off. As a person who has always been ashamed of her body, shoes are the only things I could really buy that fit me and didn't make me look fat. I love shoes. Now I feel more confident in my body I can also buy clothes that look the way I want on me, but I'll always love shoes, and I'll always be super-defensive about anyone who rags on someone who they feel has too many shoes.

In other words: flip-flops do not count, unless you're trying to boost your shoe collection numbers to make them sound more impressive.

And I second the comment about computer games versus shoes. Even though I also play computer games
Belease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:46 PM   #25  
Operator265

OH, Gary, Gary, Gary. How many times do I have to explain this to you?

You are old and you are ugly!!! You are lucky Angie didn't have you arrested or shot after you chloroformed her and drug her to the wedding. So, when it comes to Ang, just STFU!!!

Quit counting her shoes. Put in Billy Joel's, "Always a Woman to Me". Then, count your blessings instead. After all, you really don't want to have to explain to the guys on the work site how your little woman beat the living **** out of you with a flip flop.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:15 PM   #26  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

[QUOTE=CanadianCutie;3268716]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
Then what in the heck are those funny looking croc things?

In a word, hideous. Sorry but I hate those things.

And I'm with you. Flip-flops do count as shoes. You can wear them into a store that has the "no shirt, no shoes, no service" signs, so they pass as shoes.
Hey! Maybe we outta start a TEA PARTY to ban crocs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latchkey Princess View Post
I think they count, or at least I count them as part of my shoe collection.

This reminds me, I need new flip flops now that the weather is getting nice...
MY wife onlys buys flip-flops when the weather is nice...which is almost every day here....maybe we should move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belease View Post
... but I'll always love shoes, and I'll always be super-defensive about anyone who rags on someone who they feel has too many shoes.
I take it you are not on MY TEAM...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator265 View Post
OH, Gary, Gary, Gary. How many times do I have to explain this to you?

what????

You are old and you are ugly!!! Aren't we identical twins? You are lucky Angie didn't have you arrested or shot after you chloroformed her and drug her to the wedding. Maybe she was "drugged" to the wedding! So, when it comes to Ang, just STFU!!! Ya know....I told her that...STFU...a few weeks ago after a day of 12 beers...WRONG thing to say..let me tell ya....ouch!!!

Quit counting her shoes. Put in Billy Joel's, "Always a Woman to Me". Then, count your blessings instead. After all, you really don't want to have to explain to the guys on the work site how your little woman beat the living **** out of you with a flip flop.
Actually my mom used to wail on our little butts with her flip-flops....back when we called them thongs....she could get it off her foot and onto our butts faster than greased lighting! I still have scars!
Old 04-29-2010, 11:25 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 180/169/145

Height: 5'5

I count them! Flip Flops included I have 30 pairs of shoes. I <3 shoes.

Right now I only have 5 pairs of Flip Flops because I had to dispose of some of the ones I had last year as they got beat up, but I like to keep them in many different colors. They can go with anything and they're cheap!

Last edited by vertigoskyy; 04-29-2010 at 11:26 PM.
vertigoskyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:45 AM   #28  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigoskyy View Post
.... They can go with anything and they're cheap!
Exactly! Therefore no reason for my wife to purchase any other shoe! 10 pair of flip-flops alone should be sufficient for any woman's wardrobe.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:03 AM   #29  
Yay for 2nd chances!

S/C/G: 235/needs a new scale/135

Height: 5'7"

Flip flops are not a real shoe. They SO don't count. That being said... since flip flops aren't a real shoe, I don't own any.
Aiesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:23 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 280/255/Healthy, Happy, Strong

Height: 5'7"

If the flip flops "smack" on the feet they are evil and should be destroyed. You should try them all on (maybe not all at once) and walk around the house to test them. If they make the annoying smacking noise then burn them in the backyard. Then you can remove them from the shoe count. Problem solved.
Renwomin is offline   Reply With Quote