General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-14-2008, 01:12 AM   #151  
=D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimaterry View Post
I pick things up off the floor with my toes..not cause im fat...
Me too!! It's really convenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimaterry View Post
...if i bump into furniture walking past or something i say 'excuse me', or 'pardon me' lol... then feel like an idiot..
SAME HERE! I thought I was the only one! I usually say "sorry, mate" - or immediately go to touch the furniture as if it were a person I've just bumped into and I am consoling.
mazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:49 AM   #152  

I don't pretend to be in a cooking show, but I do BLARE oldies music while cooking/baking and no one else is home. It gets me in the mood. Especially motown.

I talk to inanimate objects all the time, regardless of whether I've bumped into them or not. I was fighting to get a box of waffles closed in my freezer and said to the box "you know, your only purpose is to be a box! You're supposed to close and open when I want you to, and you don't -- you're a very poor box." Or when I can't find something I'll pretend to be a detective on the case for them. uhhh......
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:56 AM   #153  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
When I'm alone and baking (sometimes cooking, but mostly baking) I have a running cooking show dialog in my head. If no one is home, sometimes the commentary is out loud.
If you're interested in actually starting your own cooking show, there's a website called www.stickam.com, like a lot of cam websites, there's a bunch of pervs, but if you ignore them, you can just cook on cam with a mic, hosting your own show. lol Just sayin
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:05 PM   #154  
Keep on Keepin' ON

S/C/G: 190/179/150

Height: 5'3"

Mazza: thank you for your kind words, this site is one of the few places I feel comfortable sharing that.

I don't talk to myself...out loud. I converse with myself and other people ALL the time...but only in my head.

Until I was about 5 I honestly thought that I was a dog. I was an only child and my two constant companions were our foxhound mix Baxter and our poodle/terrier mix sweet pea. I basically modeled all my behavior off of them to the extent that I'd eat and drink from their dishes with them, share their rawhide chews with them, and sleep in their baskets with them. Of course my family tried to stop me but I was having none of it. One of the saddest moments of my life was when the three of us were wandering around the house and I realized how different our movements were and how differently we were shaped. That was the day I realized I wasn't a dog.

LOL how's that for weird?
Sidheag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:41 PM   #155  
=D

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_talker View Post
I was fighting to get a box of waffles closed in my freezer and said to the box "you know, your only purpose is to be a box! You're supposed to close and open when I want you to, and you don't -- you're a very poor box."
Old 11-14-2008, 11:39 PM   #156  
=D

I like drinking soy sauce out of the bottle.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:23 PM   #157  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

When I see a dead animal in the street, I always imagine how it would look up jumping and frolicking with it's family.

When I worked as a nurse and would see an elderly person pass away, I'd always remember that once they were young and vibrant and full of love.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:26 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 282/257/when it feels right

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
When I'm alone and baking (sometimes cooking, but mostly baking) I have a running cooking show dialog in my head. If no one is home, sometimes the commentary is out loud.
LOL!!! OMG I do the same thing that's funny!
K-boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:11 PM   #159  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

I never cut my own hair--- until a few weeks ago. Twice actually. I am not talking about a simple tri... I am talking about a whole new style. Did it on a whim. The second time, was to make the layers more defined. I might add that it looks pretty darn cute. Dh thinks so too.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:48 PM   #160  

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziep View Post
when i was 11 i wrote an entire novel during the summer - i worked on it every day and night and thought it was so awesome. it was like 250 pages long.

my dad deleted it by accident.

I'm so sorry...but this made me literally laugh out loud. Only because this sounds just like something that would have happened to me...I have such horrible luck. What was the novel about? Did you ever go back and try to write it again?

My God, that sucks!!!
Moonlight Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:00 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziep View Post
when i was 11 i wrote an entire novel during the summer - i worked on it every day and night and thought it was so awesome. it was like 250 pages long.

my dad deleted it by accident.
LOL. My dad could not have deleted anything I wrote when I was 11. Threw it out maybe. Deleted, no .
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:42 AM   #162  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

I am one of the few people I know who can actually *Quirk a brow* !! I can do both brows seperately of each other. Making them bebop or dance upon my forehead.

I learned it by watching Spock on the original Star Trek reruns. I thought it was the neatest thing ever when he gave Kirk "The Look". I had to mimic it!!
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:13 AM   #163  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

i've had hallucinations, both auditory and visual- without the aid of drugs. And schizophrenia runs in the family

Last edited by Iconised Ghost; 11-19-2008 at 03:14 AM.
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:05 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I am slowly trying to learn the Greek language-I am currently working on learning their alphabet (upper and lowercase) and some general phrases. I hope to be able to speak it fluently in a few years.

My motivation? I would like to be able to secretly understand what is being said when my boss and his wife mutter to each other at work...

aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:28 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I like to practice other languages while I'm in the shower... which for me is just Spanish and American Sign Language.

I love this thread... I also have to shave or wax my toes... and I use them to pick things up all the time. My husband thinks it's crazy, he had never seen someone do it before... I'll even throw things with my feet, like if I need to toss a sock from the floor into the hamper, I'll pick it up with my toes and throw it in.

Oh, and the scary meeting people online thing, done that too... me and a friend met all kinds of "friends" online when we were like 12-14. Our parents knew about some of them (we let them talk to them on the phone first) but there were plenty of times we went to the mall "just to shop" to meet someone from the internet. *shudder*
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote