General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-29-2008, 04:04 PM   #16  
Little Black Dress Bound

S/C/G: 192/181/135

Height: 5'5"

My parents were actually never married, but they split up when I was just a year old. We lived in California at the time and my mom decided to move back up to Oregon to be around family and my dad followed so he could be a part of my life. I think it was the best decision for them both. My mom ended up marrying, a man I hated, when I was 7 but they divorced when I was 14. My dad never married but has been dating the same woman for 11 years, she's amazing.

I've never been married, but I hope that once I am I won't get divorced.

Last edited by DRose; 10-29-2008 at 04:05 PM.
DRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:52 PM   #17  
ugggg.....

My Mom and Dad separated when I was three, divorced when I was seven after my dad came to one of my brothers little league games drunk and still drinking with a mixed drink in his hand, sat down beside my mother and said if she didn't divorce him, he was moving back in...she used her Visa card to start the process the next morning.

Hubby and I have been together for 22 years...close to divorce many times but living in mostly comfortable compatability mode at this point....
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:04 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 218/207.6/130

Height: 5'3

My parents divorced when I was five.

My divorce was final this past January. Almost like history repeating itself on so many issues.
barbarajean2605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:05 PM   #19  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

My parents separated many times and finally divorced when I was 9. My father was an alcoholic and abusive - it was the right thing for them to do.

I have been married to my high school sweetheart for almost 30 years. And - I am planning that we will still be together in another 30
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:15 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 236/tracker/145

Height: 5'6

My parent divorced when I was 15 or 16. It was the happiest day of my life...they just weren't suited to each other and everyone was miserable. I never thought I would get married but I did. I never thought I would get divorced, but I did. I wouldn't change much about this as it taught me so much about myself and it helped me figure out what I really wanted and needed. I'm happily single but open to a new relationship if it comes along.

Viking Girl
Viking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:48 PM   #21  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I'm married - 26 years. My parents divorced when I was 25, but I have very bad memories of terrible fights I witnessed or overheard as a child. Very traumatic. I swore I would never fight in front of my children like that and I haven't. I had a sister who was 9 when my parents split and I was happy for her not having to listen to that anymore. My husband's parents were married for 51 years before he passed away. I have 4 brother and 3 sisters. Two sisters are divorced and one brother divorced and remarried.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:30 PM   #22  
=D

My parents separated when I was 4 for the last time. (they never married)

Up until not so long ago I never thought I'd get married.. wanting to live the crazy independent do-what-I-want life and never saw myself as the settling down type - but as I get older I realise more and more how much I don't want that sort of life. I want to have kids and a husband... and a golden retriever. (shutting up now before I saw anything about a picket fence). =]

Last edited by mazza; 10-29-2008 at 10:33 PM.
mazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:05 PM   #23  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

My parents were never married. I'm married and I hope we never divorce.

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 10-29-2008 at 11:06 PM.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:52 PM   #24  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

My parents were both married before they ended up together. My dad was married for 17 years and my mom was married for 3. Then they met and married within 3 months. They have been married for 30 years. They quite frankly should have divorced on many different occasions. My dad was an alcoholic and very abusive at times. He lost the use of his arm and ended up with a nerve disorder. He had to stop drinking with all the medications he was on. It changed him quite a bit. Now, he's been sober for 10 years and he's no longer abusive, but neither of them are happy. He's been sick and getting progressively worse so he refuses to do anything, even the stuff he can still manage. My mom had a heart attack earlier this year and feels like she needs to live life a bit more than she had. This causes them to clash quite a bit.

I have been divorced for not even a year yet. At this point I've no interest in remarrying but I'm young and that may change later on.
brandnewme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:24 AM   #25  

Height: 5'5"

my parents have been married 24 and 1/2 years now. I don't forsee them ever getting divorced...they're so cute and lovey together. My 18 year old sister got married this past year to her highschool sweetheart. I hope they don't get divorced, but really I have bad feelings about it all.

My brother is single, as am I. I don't forsee myself finding someone I like enough to marry. I'm ok with being single. If I ever did get married I would really like a relationship like what my parents have.
mxgirl737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:12 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 325/see ticker/180

my mother divorced my father before i was born.. sad /funny really.. she didnt love him anyhow ( long story) and when she got pregnant she was very sick all the time.. couldnt quit vomiting..one day he had a cold, and she saw snot in his nose.. that did it..she filed for divorce and it was a done deal before i was born ... it doesnt bother me tho as i have met him a couple times and we didnt hit it off..

im married..and we have a strong loving marriage.. dont think divorce would ever happen
Americaninuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:54 AM   #27  
150 by my 50th!!!

S/C/G: 341/261.4/150

Height: 5'7"

My parents were happily married and were each others best friends besides being spouses. They were so perfect together! My dad passed away unexpectedly this past January from a heart attack (we buried him the day before my birthday) and my mom has been so lost without him. They were married for 49 years and dated for 5 years before they were married. Their 50th wedding anniversary is the day before Thanksgiving-this is going to be such a hard holiday season for my mom. I am flying home to NY to spend a week with her and will try to take her mind as much off of it as possible.

I am currently married but we have been separated for the past 2.5 years-I know I have to take the steps to get divorced but just havent done it (I know, but for some reason I keep labeling it as a failure) and everytime I bring it up to my husband he tells me that he never wanted a divorce. If you had told me 15 years ago that we would ever be apart I (and most all of our family and friends) would have told you that you were totally crazy- but my husband is an adulterer. He now admits that he has never been faithful to any woman and doesnt know if he can be- so its definitely his problem and not mine. I have been dating someone for the last year and a half and we recently moved in together but I dont foresee us getting married. I can support myself and am way past my child bearing years (which I couldnt have anyway) so for now I will be content with companionship.
Arlene Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:56 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Nope. My parents are closing in on their 60th wedding anniversary. My in-laws are approaching their 47th. DH and I have been married 20 years.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:38 PM   #29  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

My parents divorced when I was 28 - It was very hard for me, but it was good for them. I am happily married (11 1/2 years) to a man I love more every day.
Marathon Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:27 PM   #30  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

My parents, both deceased, married young 19 and 17. They remained married until my father passed away at age 54. They had many great years with a few bad ones in between....my dad was a good father and my mom would say a good husband....except for the 3 times he decided he wanted a girlfriend. Early in their marriage...my mom left him...at 25 with 4 kids...he came back quickly. Didn't stray until he was in his late 30's....she left...he came back quickly. At 53 he had another one....she kicked him out...he left...got cancer...came back quickly. She took care of him until he died. He was a JERK to do that to my mom...not only once but 3 times. Seriously though, other than that they had tons of good times together...especially riding their Harley everywhere for many-many years.

My first wife left me after 10 years of marriage, 14 together, when our kids were 6-8. Many of you know we are good friends now....she has always been "family" in my life and her family too.

Angie and I have been married since '96....I hope she keeps me!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 10-30-2008 at 09:27 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote