General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2002, 07:34 PM   #1  

Thumbs up Feel like life is a diet

Feel like all of my life surrounds what I eat. Anyone else feel that way. I would love to wake up on any given day and not have to worry about what I am going to eat.

Old 01-11-2002, 04:27 PM   #2  

yup - know what you mean. I've given up on being a civilian though. For me it ain't gonna happen. So I just have fun where I can, and plan on giving myself "room to play" with points on the weekend. Life is NOT "just a bowl of cherries"!
Old 02-05-2002, 04:01 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

YES !!!!!!

This morning walking out of the bagel shop (just coffee lol) I said to myself........

WHY OH WHY can't I eat what I want (and lots of it lol) and be happy.

Love Leens
Old 02-24-2002, 09:47 AM   #4  
Super Star

I just joined today and I think Girl Scout cookies are either Angels or the Devil. But what the heck, I am being the devil cookie eater today. Only on Sunday will I eat them. I mean I am being a good citizen by buying them right???lol t
Old 03-17-2002, 01:41 AM   #5  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default it's getting better...

Hey! Your thread really struck me because food used to be my everything! It was simply all I ever thought of!!! Every waking moment! Do you have a fast food strip in your town? You know, that one road that starts with Taco Bell, and drives you right along Mcd's, Wendy's, Burger King, Arby's, Taco Time, Papa Murphys' & finally all the mom & pop greasy food joints in town? Well everytime I got in my car (to go anywhere) I auto-piloted to that strip & found myself going through one of the drive thrus!

Hungry?... What's that? Hunger didn't matter; boredome, emotions & a severe case of the munchies ran my life!

Well I've finally turned my life around! YEAH!!! But of course, I still have to think about food all the time. I often wonder if that will ever go away! Luckily, when you don't eat fast food as often, the cravings die down somewhat... at least they have for me. But my first reaction to cure boredom is still to reach for a munchie... I usually stop myself, but I have some pretty close calls!

I guess my point is that if we're stuck thinking about food all the time... at least we're lucky to have healthy attitudes towards it! I feel much better constantly telling myself to pass up that soda & cheeseburger, than I did constantly eating cheesburgers & drinking soda! I gotta go... I'll check back in here again!

~Kalypso
Old 03-18-2002, 05:58 PM   #6  
Super Star

Hey Kalypso!!!

I like your positive attitude!! You are on the right track!! I loved reading you post!! Thanks for the inspiration!!! Tracy
Old 03-18-2002, 06:11 PM   #7  
Pending Email Confirmation

Talking thanks, friend.

Tracy~ Thanks! The people on this site are such inspirations to me! ...it's nice to know that I'm one too!
Giving back is as good as getting!

~Kalypso
Old 03-21-2002, 10:13 PM   #8  

I think I finally found a place where people can understand me!
I have to admit that I'm still in denial that I am very overweight and will never have food as my friend again.
And to think in high school I was one of those girls who could eat anything!

Been dieting again for 4 weeks. Boy do I want a Burger King Whopper!
Old 03-22-2002, 02:08 PM   #9  
Super Star

HOwdy Kalypsco and Missy!!!

Kaly..i misspell your name everythime..my fingers are weird!!!

How about 1/2 of a whopper junior..Or jus the whopper junior no fries???I think they have like 250 less than the big one..
Have a great weekend and post some more..I love reading posts!!! Tracy
Old 03-23-2002, 12:38 PM   #10  
Super Star

Hey,,how is it going?/Mom2tucker??how are ya doing??let me know ok!! Tracy
Old 03-25-2002, 11:33 AM   #11  

Default know what you mean

I feel the same way, I can't even start my day without thinking about what I'm going to eat or not eat. Every night when I go to bed I swear I'm not going to be fat like this one day longer. Does this sound familiar to you too! DAFFY
Old 03-25-2002, 04:54 PM   #12  
Super Star

Howdy All!!!

Hey Daffy!!!!!!

Welcome!!!!!! Honey I dream about food!!! Lord it amazes me my pillow is still there in the morning!!! Come post wiht us..gives us all your thoughts. Use us instead of that refrig!!!

I am going to my 1st WW meeting tonite at 7:00 will be a shock on that weight thing..but I will do it!!

All of ya..have a great day!!! Tracy
Old 03-26-2002, 05:02 PM   #13  

Thumbs down

I have been trying to think about food like I think "thin" people think of food. They don't seem to have their life centered around food. So, I have been trying to put other things first. If I think of eating, then I try to think of "doing" something.

It's really hard, because I'm the "MOM" and supposed to think about what we are eating. Is this making sense? I'm confused!!

Lee Ann (Missouri)
Old 03-26-2002, 06:46 PM   #14  
Super Star

Hey Lee Ann,

What an interesting point. Not thinking about food. I wonder what thin people do think about...hmmm.Yeah I am a Mom too but I am such a bad nutritionist on my kids. I mean I never force them to eat stuff they hate. Veggies??hmm. My girl loves veggies but my son..no way. How do you handle the food issue wiht your kids?/?? Let me know your ideas!! I look forward to them! Tracy
Old 03-27-2002, 06:25 PM   #15  

I hear ya: I am new to this forum and I have the same problem as everyone else there is not a day that I am not on a diet.

I have lost about 25 lbs over the past couple of years on weight watchers, I did the program from home, and I am still keeping the weight off.

I have about 8 more lbs to go to get to 150, I have been trying to get this last 8 off for a looooooooong time, however I feel very healthy when dieting everyday, so I do not mind plugging away everyday to eat the right food. When I go off the wagon I do not feel guilty I just start the next day and diet again.

I also go out and walk 3kms 5 - 7 days a week, and that also keeps me motiviated to eat well. I have been good today and I hope I will be good this evening, sticking to my diet,
Closed Thread