General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2002, 09:36 PM   #1  

Default feng shui

Just wondering if anyone else out there is into it? I think it is great and amazing how changing colors or object placement in your house how it makes you feel. Would like to talk to others who have applied feng shui in their lives.
Old 05-22-2002, 05:19 PM   #2  

Smile Tried it and liked it

I'm not sure whether it's the mystical thing, or if feng shui is just a fancy type of interior decorating, but whatever it is, it does seem to work.

My last apartment was a tiny one-bedroom efficiency with a galley kitchen, and after living there for almost nine months I was just sick of being so uncomfortable there. A friend turned out to be trained in feng shui and did a bagwah map of the place, and then we spent an hour moving furniture around and I took frantic notes on additional things I could do to improve the place. Even though I only did about half the additional things she suggested, suddenly the apartment was transformed from a cluttered mess into this comfy warm space that made me think "how nice, I'm home" every time I came in the door.

I just moved into a much larger space and used some of the general principles she explained. So far the place works OK, if only because I don't have enough furniture to clog it up. Once I'm more settled in and have a better feel for what I want out of the space, I'm going to have her come in and do this apartment too. Living in apartments adds all kinds of strange twists, so I'm perfectly happy to pay someone a minimal fee to do the basics for me instead of spending tons of money becoming an expert.

So have you taken classes, or are you reading up on it yourself? The concepts are fascinating. My impression is that the idea is to maximize the flow of energy through the room, which is where the de-cluttering and a lot of the arranging comes from. I ended up throwing away about a third of my furniture and all my more sickly plants, and now know how to put things away (no more clothes hanging from every surface and over every chair). But maybe it's just that my mother was right in getting me to clean up my room!

Lenore
Old 05-26-2002, 10:57 AM   #3  

I love Feng Shui. I also moved a year ago and want to Feng Shui my home and land outside. I need to "brush up" on it again.

I constantly look for bamboo but have a difficult time finding it.

About two weeks ago I saw a bamboo windchime at Wal-Mart and scooped it up. I went home and hung it outside KNOWING this is good.

A couple days later we had terrible winds here and the next day my bamboo windchime was laying in pieces on the ground. My brother was over and said, "well, why did you get bamboo for a windchime..???" I said, "because it's good luck"!!! We had to laugh since I holding all the pieces in my hands.

So, any sharing & discussing would be fun.

I also am intrigued by how you can improve areas of your life by doing things in your home it that "section" of the ba-gua.

Feng Shui is a Chinese discipline that teaches us how to attract and enhance our life energy. I have teen toying with the idea of putting Chinese symbols (prosperity, love, harmony etc) on items for decoration.

Quote:
Your front door opens up into the skills & knowledge, career or helpful people
This is where I get "confused". My front door is never used. Everyone always come through the back door so does this change what is considered my front door since that is the one only one that is used?

Okay, I will be digging out my books now!!!!
Old 05-27-2002, 02:01 AM   #4  

Sounds interesting. Can you recommend any books to read up on Feng Shui ?

Thanks ,
Cherub : )
Closed Thread