3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   How Did You Choose Your User Name? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/123074-how-did-you-choose-your-user-name.html)

DixC Chix 04-22-2011 09:24 AM

What's the meaning of your screen name?

Some screen names are pretty obvious and some are not so much.

What does yours mean and/or how did you come up with it?

My DixC Chix is a twist on my last name which is also a nickname with the capital "C" representing the 100# I need to lose.

fatferretfanatic 04-22-2011 09:33 AM

Mine is obvious: I like ferrets and I'm fat. :D

Munchko 04-25-2011 11:00 PM

When my little 1 was born, I used to say she was my beautiful little munchkin. One day I went to translate munchkin in Spanish for a relative and didn't know how, so just as everyone who tries to say things in Spanish when they don't know, I added an O at the end. Hence, that's how MUNCHKO was born. And since I love my little one so much and I'm always thinking about her, I've made it my screen name on several sites. Plus I don't have to add numbers cuz so far not a lot of people have it.

Munchko ;-)

ILRPinkGirl 04-26-2011 06:55 AM

For my screenname:
ILR is Industrial and Labor Relations, the school at Cornell where I got my undergraduate degree, and the same school I'll be going back to in the fall
Pink because I love me some pink!
Girl because I'm female, lol

Not an insanely creative name, but I like how the ILR makes it so unique so I never get forced to add numbers because "this screenname is already in use", etc

Josie83 04-27-2011 11:54 AM

I use different variations of this name, but it's a reference to the candy that was big in the 80's (that's still around today) and my birth year. :p

Chubbykins 04-27-2011 02:38 PM

Chubbykins is a pretty obvious one I suppose.
Chubby because I am... and kins because chubby-chick is a mouthful :p

berryblondeboys 04-27-2011 02:45 PM

Mine is for my two reddish haired sons. They are really more like copperpennyboys, but that's not as fun to say as berryblondeboys

zoodoo613 04-27-2011 03:35 PM

When we first got internet access, my husband and I wanted to think of something we both could use, as this was before email accounts were handed out willy nilly. We weren't married yet, so we didn't have a name in common. We were living across the street from the zoo in DC and somehow hit on zoodoo. I used it for years and eventually added my sons birthday when zoodoo was no longer universally available.

Txalupa 04-27-2011 08:54 PM

Mine means "Little boat" in Basque. I lived in the Basque region in Spain for awhile in 2007. Everyone knows you can't be too fat in a little boat...

Rainbowgirl 04-28-2011 12:06 AM

One of my favorite authors (Karen Moning) has a series out called "Faefever" and in it there's a girl named MacKayla Lain who is a walking rainbow. I identify a lot with MacKayla through the series, even though it's fantastical and about fairies and whatnot. Her nickname, given to her by the man she's unsure whether or not to trust, is Rainbow girl.

Since I tend to light bright, girly things (not always, but sometimes) I figured it was a good username.

I have others I use for other sites and I may/may not change as my mood changes, but Rainbowgirl fits for now. :)

TrishG 04-28-2011 12:30 AM

Mines not interesting at all!!! Just my first name and first letter of my last name. Very original.

Chris Venter 04-28-2011 03:47 PM

Hi,

My user name was actually chosen for me by my Mother when I was Born.
I don't see the need for using anything else.

I must confess I used to use a screen name called Hawk when I play online games or other games. I wanted to be as free as a Hawk. That was a while back.

All yours sound much more interesting than mine.
;)