3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   How Did You Choose Your User Name? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/123074-how-did-you-choose-your-user-name.html)

srmb60 09-18-2007 09:14 AM

How Did You Choose Your User Name?

I'm sure this has been done before but it's fun.

Mine is pretty simple but some are fascinatingly cryptic.

shelby897 09-18-2007 09:19 AM

Shelby was a cat I had when I was 18 and lived alone until she was over 10 years old and had to be put to sleep -- but she did get to meet my first son!! She moved across country with me twice. "897" is my wedding anniversary.

ThePrettyOne 09-18-2007 09:51 AM

My sister is "the smart one" and I've heard it said a lot in my family. Perhaps my feelings should be burt, but it's better then being referred to as "the ugly one" I suppose :)

I'm fairly intelligent too, it's just that no one ever bothered to notice.

sfj 09-18-2007 10:20 AM

My initials.

aphil 09-18-2007 10:21 AM

Bits and pieces of my first and last name together...but neither in their entirety. ;)

RidiculouslyAddicted 09-18-2007 10:22 AM

I have this user name on a crafting forum, to indicate that I'm addicted to the craft. I figured it fit for food, too... unfortunately!

CinnamonGirl 09-18-2007 10:27 AM

Great thread!

Mine's from the Neil Young song.

alhiser 09-18-2007 10:49 AM

Uhm. My name. now i feel so not creative.. HAHA!! :D But my avatar on the other hand... I am shy. not confident. I know lots'o'us can relate to that one...:faint:

princess_peach 09-18-2007 11:09 AM

I was playing Super Mario Kart on Nintendo right before I registered :o

phantastica 09-18-2007 11:10 AM

Oh, I love these threads!

I wanted a fun name that was positive, unique, and easy to remember. I've used it off and on in various forums for years.

lizziness 09-18-2007 11:20 AM

once i asked my hubby what it was he loved about it - and he said it was my general Liz-iness... it stuck. :)

glamgurl36 09-18-2007 11:21 AM

I like to be glamorous...i love fashion, makeup, etc...thats my story :)

iwmonn 09-18-2007 11:28 AM

The year was 1996, I was trying to register a name for my first chat room and everything I came up with was already taken. So Out of frustration I Just typed in the acronym for I Want My Own Name, NOW! And iwmonn was born ;)

NotTheCheat 09-18-2007 11:33 AM

The Cheat is a cartoon character (pic in my sig of the yellow guy) from www.homestarrunner.com, which I love.

When I started this, I wanted to remind myself of the fact that I was making a lifestyle change and not going on another diet. You can cheat on diets, but you can't cheat on yourself, so hence Not The Cheat.

evilwomaniamshe 09-18-2007 11:39 AM

Evilwomaniamshe,
My hubby came up with it and it is kinda fun being an evilwoman, makes people wonder why am I so evil, doesn't it? I ain't actually evil at all. I like to wing my eyeliner out a bit on the ends and my hubby thinks I look a tad bit evil yet oh so sexy when I do this, so hence the name evilwomaniamshe. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.....

Mummy_Tummy 09-18-2007 12:19 PM

Well, on the surface, obviously it reflects the aftermath of a difficult pregnancy, emergency C-section and hellish recovery period (which inlcuded a second surgery). It also envelopes the post-partum depression caused from being so ill for so long which is actually what caused the extra weight, as I look back at pictures and see what I looked like right after my daughter's birth and finally came to terms with the fact that the bigggest gain came AFTER she was born!

Plus, I wanted something "clever".:dizzy: However, had I realized that my name would affectionately be shortened to Mummy by all the lovely posters who respond to me, I may have given that a second thought!:D

And let it be said that I hope one day to proudly be able to change my name to :carrot:YummyTummy!

ANOther 09-18-2007 12:40 PM

"A.N. Other" is a British-ism, originally used in sports lineups for "player to be named later", and by extension used as Americans would use "John/Jane Q. Public" (I'm not English myself but I'm a big Anglophile since I went on a vacation in the UK and Ireland when I was 12).

2Fat4myJeans 09-18-2007 12:41 PM

This is neat!

Mine's pretty self explanatory.... in retrospect, I wish I had chosen "2Fat4MyFatPants," but when I joined 3FC, it was right after we got home from our honeymoon on a Caribbean cruise, and I noticed that from all that eating, my jeans were really tight. I was NOT about to buy a size larger!

GirlyGirlSebas 09-18-2007 12:46 PM

GirlyGirl is the nickname my Mom used for me. Now, its one of the nicknames I use for my own daughter's. Plus, I really am a girly girl....I love flowers, animals, perfume, jewelry, makeup, clother, etc etc etc.......

murphmitch 09-18-2007 01:14 PM

Combination of my maiden and married name. Plus it's easy to remember. With so many web sites and user names, I can't keep track of them all.

Slashnl 09-18-2007 01:24 PM

My brand (as in branding cows): \NL

lovinlifex2 09-18-2007 01:28 PM

When I first registered in 2006 I was just coming out of a rough divorce and was just learnig how to "love life" on my own with my two kidos in tow "x2". I put it all together and came up with lovinlifex2.

valpal23 09-18-2007 01:33 PM

I used to get really annoyed when people called in Valerie or messed up my name, which is Valdine. And that's how people used to really get to me.. making up stupid variations. And I never had any nicknmaes... I guess Valdine was enough of a nickname.

One girl in my freshman year of college wouldnt stop calling me valpal.... and I hated it. but I've moved on and grew up so it doesnt bother me anymore. and I'm 23.

Darby1 09-18-2007 01:38 PM

Darby was the name of my horse when I was a kid. I added the "1" because somebody had already taken darby.

FrouFrou 09-18-2007 01:43 PM

the name of a band and I just like the way it sounds

rubberlegs 09-18-2007 06:22 PM

Because I'm a wogger and I have the same username at runnersworld. :)

EZMONEY 09-18-2007 07:22 PM

I make my living as a pickpocket.

Shay 09-18-2007 08:05 PM

Just a reminder of regardless of how I look or feel on a particular day at a particular time: I'm "like no other".

Mom2QJandT 09-18-2007 08:13 PM

I'm "mom" to Quentin, Julia, and Travis. One of these days I may have to get my own identity...scary.

Justwant2Bhealthy 09-18-2007 08:29 PM

I had actually wanted ROSEBUD (a mysterious name from an old classic movie), but it was taken already, so I tried adding numbers to it, but it kept saying it was taken! So finally, out of sheer frustration, I just typed in "Justwant2Bhealthy", which is true; that is my main goal here, to get healthier by eating better and losing some weight.

So, I put ROSEBUD underneath as my registered name. I mentioned to someone who asked that had I known I would have to type it in every time I logged in, that I would have made it shorter; but now when I type in the first letters, the computer brings it up for me ... yeah!

GatorgalstuckinGA 09-18-2007 09:08 PM

well mine is very easy...spent 8 yrs going to school at the univ of florida..home of the fighting gators..i'm a HUGEEEEEEE gator fan and for the last 6 years i've been stuck in enemy territory...the state of Georgia!

WinterStarzz 09-18-2007 09:26 PM

I've been using this SN since 1999. I've always been a night-sky watcher, fascinated by astronomy. And the stars are always at their most beautiful on a cold winter night. :)

NightengaleShane 09-19-2007 07:38 AM

I love this thread!

Ok, Nightengale Shane is kind of like my alter ego. I've always found the name Nightingale to be beautiful, so I decided to purposely misspell it and make it my own. The Shane bit comes from this character on The L Word named Shane who I've been told I bear a strong resemblence to (though I heard it much more when I was skinny and pre-mohawk). I've fronted a few bands and always used the name Nightengale Shane... plus, I've been told it suits me fairly well, so it's become my thing, I suppose. :)

meowee 09-19-2007 08:31 AM

Nothing too mysterious about mine . . . I use it and my password all over the place.

Diana the Hun 09-19-2007 09:15 AM

Mine's pretty simple - my name is Diana and I'm Hungarian! I was born in Australia, actually - I'm the first Australian in a long line of Hungarians. Also, "hun" is short for words like "hungry" (which I frequently am), and "hunny" (see qualifier for "hungry";)). I always have the hardest time thinking up a handle that sums me up!

Jen415 09-19-2007 09:19 AM

Jen is a nickname based on my given name (NOT Jennifer, BTW) and 415 is my birthday...

techwife 09-19-2007 09:24 AM

My husband is a Field Service Technician and I'm his wife. Tech Wife. I used to use KAT65, my married initials and the year I was born, but it ends up not being long enough for some things you need usernames for, so I use Techwife for everything now. Keeps it simple and I NEED simple in my life. Nothings worse than going somewhere and thinking...now, what was my username here again???? So, Techwife for everything.

almostheaven 09-19-2007 07:40 PM

Not in the mood for creativity, after frying one motherboard from my first attempt at installing a modem in my computer so I could go online for the first time at home, I simply decided on my state's motto. It was either Almost Heaven, or the truth...Almost ****. I decided on the little white lie. LOL

Pita09 09-20-2007 08:02 AM

My wonderful and very loving boyfriend decided one day to give me the nickname Pita. It is an acronym for Pain In The A**. It stuck and Pita has become more my name then my given name. The 420 stands for April 20th. The day I met said wonderful and loving boyfriend. :)

butterflykiss 09-20-2007 12:26 PM

Since I love butterflies and I know right now I'm stuck in this cocoon (my fat body) and know soon I will emerge into a butterfly (the new slender and healthier me) and will kiss my past goodbye forever!!! Butterflykiss:D