3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   How Did You Choose Your User Name? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/123074-how-did-you-choose-your-user-name.html)

GatorgalstuckinGA 09-18-2007 09:08 PM

well mine is very easy...spent 8 yrs going to school at the univ of florida..home of the fighting gators..i'm a HUGEEEEEEE gator fan and for the last 6 years i've been stuck in enemy territory...the state of Georgia!

WinterStarzz 09-18-2007 09:26 PM

I've been using this SN since 1999. I've always been a night-sky watcher, fascinated by astronomy. And the stars are always at their most beautiful on a cold winter night. :)

NightengaleShane 09-19-2007 07:38 AM

I love this thread!

Ok, Nightengale Shane is kind of like my alter ego. I've always found the name Nightingale to be beautiful, so I decided to purposely misspell it and make it my own. The Shane bit comes from this character on The L Word named Shane who I've been told I bear a strong resemblence to (though I heard it much more when I was skinny and pre-mohawk). I've fronted a few bands and always used the name Nightengale Shane... plus, I've been told it suits me fairly well, so it's become my thing, I suppose. :)

meowee 09-19-2007 08:31 AM

Nothing too mysterious about mine . . . I use it and my password all over the place.

Diana the Hun 09-19-2007 09:15 AM

Mine's pretty simple - my name is Diana and I'm Hungarian! I was born in Australia, actually - I'm the first Australian in a long line of Hungarians. Also, "hun" is short for words like "hungry" (which I frequently am), and "hunny" (see qualifier for "hungry";)). I always have the hardest time thinking up a handle that sums me up!

Jen415 09-19-2007 09:19 AM

Jen is a nickname based on my given name (NOT Jennifer, BTW) and 415 is my birthday...

techwife 09-19-2007 09:24 AM

My husband is a Field Service Technician and I'm his wife. Tech Wife. I used to use KAT65, my married initials and the year I was born, but it ends up not being long enough for some things you need usernames for, so I use Techwife for everything now. Keeps it simple and I NEED simple in my life. Nothings worse than going somewhere and thinking...now, what was my username here again???? So, Techwife for everything.

almostheaven 09-19-2007 07:40 PM

Not in the mood for creativity, after frying one motherboard from my first attempt at installing a modem in my computer so I could go online for the first time at home, I simply decided on my state's motto. It was either Almost Heaven, or the truth...Almost ****. I decided on the little white lie. LOL

Pita09 09-20-2007 08:02 AM

My wonderful and very loving boyfriend decided one day to give me the nickname Pita. It is an acronym for Pain In The A**. It stuck and Pita has become more my name then my given name. The 420 stands for April 20th. The day I met said wonderful and loving boyfriend. :)

butterflykiss 09-20-2007 12:26 PM

Since I love butterflies and I know right now I'm stuck in this cocoon (my fat body) and know soon I will emerge into a butterfly (the new slender and healthier me) and will kiss my past goodbye forever!!! Butterflykiss:D

NightengaleShane 09-20-2007 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pita420 (Post 1861657)
My wonderful and very loving boyfriend decided one day to give me the nickname Pita. It is an acronym for Pain In The A**. It stuck and Pita has become more my name then my given name. The 420 stands for April 20th. The day I met said wonderful and loving boyfriend. :)

Oh. Aww. I thought you liked to smoke pot (420) and then when you got the munchies, you'd eat pitas (as opposed to Taco Bell) to help stay on plan ;)

phantastica 09-20-2007 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightengaleShane (Post 1862317)
Oh. Aww. I thought you liked to smoke pot (420) and then when you got the munchies, you'd eat pitas (as opposed to Taco Bell) to help stay on plan ;)

I thought it was a marijuana reference, too! LOL

Kim_Star060404 09-20-2007 03:58 PM

Mine is pretty dull, but I do use it everywhere. "Kim" is my first name and "Star" is my last name translated to English. "060404" is my wedding date. Looking back on all these interesting names, I wish mine was different. :shrug:

ValentineBride 09-20-2007 04:16 PM

Valentine is my Future last name and Bride.. well, because I'm going to be bride...

AlmostHeaven
.. Aww... Don't dis my state, even though it is true.. well, sometimes. :^:

almostheaven 09-20-2007 08:39 PM

Oooh, another West By God Virginian. Which part of this (ahem) great (yeah right) state do you hail from? LOL I'm in Huntington. One thing I was sure glad to see, when I moved back, we had a new governor, so all those gastly "Welcome to WV, Gaston Caperton Governor" signs had been removed. What a waste of taxpayer dollars. Sheesh!