3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   How Did You Choose Your User Name? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/123074-how-did-you-choose-your-user-name.html)

caramelkitty 04-08-2011 12:56 PM

Cara Melanie Kitzki....

my full name. so i shortened it to caramelkitty
also helps that im caramel skinned. so yay!
pretty simple ! Hahahahaha

ParadiseFalls 04-08-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GatorgalstuckinGA (Post 1859714)
well mine is very easy...spent 8 yrs going to school at the univ of florida..home of the fighting gators..i'm a HUGEEEEEEE gator fan and for the last 6 years i've been stuck in enemy territory...the state of Georgia!

I go to UF! Go Gators :D

I picked mine because of the movie Up. I love the idea of just floating away in a house carried by balloons to a place you always dreamed of. It works out well on this forum because addressing me by Paradise seems easy enough.

MusicalJess 04-08-2011 03:47 PM

I'm called Jess and I'm a music student :D

ilidawn 04-08-2011 04:24 PM

I'm not creative at all...it's a melding of my first and middle name XD

cbmare 04-08-2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightengaleShane (Post 1862317)
Oh. Aww. I thought you liked to smoke pot (420) and then when you got the munchies, you'd eat pitas (as opposed to Taco Bell) to help stay on plan ;)

OK. I guess I'm stupid. How is this a reference to pot?

I tried to use mare but some mangy pole cat had taken it. Funny how those names are gone but yet nobody ever shows up using it.

I'm a member on another chat board so I put cb for chat board before my name. I'd invited some of the people there to join me but they didn't. At least I don't think they have.

Stopfat 04-08-2011 06:30 PM

I chose my username because I wanted to tell my body to Stop putting on Fat (I've gained 30 lbs in the last three years.) And I can't keep gaining at this rate.

But now (after a few hours) I hate my username. I should have chosen something that I would actually like to keep looking at. Everyone else's usernames are much better. I am notoriously bad at choosing usernames, though.

I suppose a nice thing about it is it rhymes with "stop that." Which should be my mantra when I am grabbing for that extra glass of wine or a spoonful of my son's mac+cheese.

D O L L 04-09-2011 01:46 AM

I chose my username because people would tell me I look like a Porcelain Doll because of my curly hair and such xD

The only thing this doll needs to fix is the weight xD

Nienna 04-09-2011 05:16 AM

I took mine from Tolkien. Nienna

Quote:

dwells alone. She is acquainted with grief, and mourns for every wound that Arda has suffered in the marring of Melkor. So great was her sorrow, as the Music unfolded, that her song turned to lamentation long before its end, and the sound of mourning was woven into the themes of the World before it began. But she does not weep for herself; and those who hearken to her learn pity, and endurance in hope. Her halls are west of West, upon the borders of the world; and she comes seldom to the city of Valimar where all is glad. She goes rather to the halls of Mandos, which are near to her own; and all those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom. The windows of her house look outward from the walls of the world. (The Silmarillion, Chapter 2, "Valaquenta")
I've always been drawn to this description of Nienna's compassion, empathy, and strength.

morphomel 04-09-2011 10:03 AM

My name is Melanie and I have a tattoo of a Morpho butterfly on my leg...thus morphomel :)

opheliaphoenix 04-09-2011 10:22 PM

I like threads like these! Someone bumped a similar thread back up from the past on a subforum awhile back, but it was such a specific section of the site that I don't think many people see it. Glad to see this bumped in the general section...I'm always interested in people's inspirations. :yes:

I'll just quote mine from the other place, so I can join in:

Quote:

Originally Posted by opheliaphoenix (Post 3755952)
Mine may sound a little trite, but it is based around Shakespeare's Ophelia drowning in her helpless madness, and a phoenix who is born anew from it's self-destruction. I am not what I have let myself become, but who I am now allowing myself to be...healthy, aware and proactive. I have chosen to be "reborn", so to speak. Also, I love the name Ophelia so much that it is also my cat's name, so it has an affectionate connotation to me there, as well. And, Ophelia Phoenix is also a pretty name in and of itself to me, I guess. So, I suppose that is technically three reasons, but the first is the actual origin of inspiration.

Bulletproof Heart 04-09-2011 10:43 PM

Mine is one of my favorite songs by My Chemical Romance :) Bulletproof Heart~

chickadee32 04-10-2011 12:52 AM

Mine is quite dull and uncreative, and (though I always think it must seem this way) not at all related to the name of this site! It's just my street name and my age (because chickadee alone was already taken). I'm so boring!

Edit: the fact that the C is lower case DOES have meaning, but that bit I prefer to keep to myself. :)

Ekicna 04-10-2011 01:10 AM

My username is a fusion of me and my husband's names and then I reversed the letters.

ShesLosingIt 04-10-2011 10:58 AM

It's the title of one of my favorite Belle & Sebastian songs and more about losing my mind vs lbs but I think a lot of people assume it's about the latter.

Theyda 04-11-2011 04:41 AM

Mine is a variation of the spelling of Theda Bara, silent movie actress. No real reason really :p