3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   How Did You Choose Your User Name? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/123074-how-did-you-choose-your-user-name.html)

Mummy_Tummy 09-18-2007 12:19 PM

Well, on the surface, obviously it reflects the aftermath of a difficult pregnancy, emergency C-section and hellish recovery period (which inlcuded a second surgery). It also envelopes the post-partum depression caused from being so ill for so long which is actually what caused the extra weight, as I look back at pictures and see what I looked like right after my daughter's birth and finally came to terms with the fact that the bigggest gain came AFTER she was born!

Plus, I wanted something "clever".:dizzy: However, had I realized that my name would affectionately be shortened to Mummy by all the lovely posters who respond to me, I may have given that a second thought!:D

And let it be said that I hope one day to proudly be able to change my name to :carrot:YummyTummy!

ANOther 09-18-2007 12:40 PM

"A.N. Other" is a British-ism, originally used in sports lineups for "player to be named later", and by extension used as Americans would use "John/Jane Q. Public" (I'm not English myself but I'm a big Anglophile since I went on a vacation in the UK and Ireland when I was 12).

2Fat4myJeans 09-18-2007 12:41 PM

This is neat!

Mine's pretty self explanatory.... in retrospect, I wish I had chosen "2Fat4MyFatPants," but when I joined 3FC, it was right after we got home from our honeymoon on a Caribbean cruise, and I noticed that from all that eating, my jeans were really tight. I was NOT about to buy a size larger!

GirlyGirlSebas 09-18-2007 12:46 PM

GirlyGirl is the nickname my Mom used for me. Now, its one of the nicknames I use for my own daughter's. Plus, I really am a girly girl....I love flowers, animals, perfume, jewelry, makeup, clother, etc etc etc.......

murphmitch 09-18-2007 01:14 PM

Combination of my maiden and married name. Plus it's easy to remember. With so many web sites and user names, I can't keep track of them all.

Slashnl 09-18-2007 01:24 PM

My brand (as in branding cows): \NL

lovinlifex2 09-18-2007 01:28 PM

When I first registered in 2006 I was just coming out of a rough divorce and was just learnig how to "love life" on my own with my two kidos in tow "x2". I put it all together and came up with lovinlifex2.

valpal23 09-18-2007 01:33 PM

I used to get really annoyed when people called in Valerie or messed up my name, which is Valdine. And that's how people used to really get to me.. making up stupid variations. And I never had any nicknmaes... I guess Valdine was enough of a nickname.

One girl in my freshman year of college wouldnt stop calling me valpal.... and I hated it. but I've moved on and grew up so it doesnt bother me anymore. and I'm 23.

Darby1 09-18-2007 01:38 PM

Darby was the name of my horse when I was a kid. I added the "1" because somebody had already taken darby.

FrouFrou 09-18-2007 01:43 PM

the name of a band and I just like the way it sounds

rubberlegs 09-18-2007 06:22 PM

Because I'm a wogger and I have the same username at runnersworld. :)

EZMONEY 09-18-2007 07:22 PM

I make my living as a pickpocket.

Shay 09-18-2007 08:05 PM

Just a reminder of regardless of how I look or feel on a particular day at a particular time: I'm "like no other".

Mom2QJandT 09-18-2007 08:13 PM

I'm "mom" to Quentin, Julia, and Travis. One of these days I may have to get my own identity...scary.

Justwant2Bhealthy 09-18-2007 08:29 PM

I had actually wanted ROSEBUD (a mysterious name from an old classic movie), but it was taken already, so I tried adding numbers to it, but it kept saying it was taken! So finally, out of sheer frustration, I just typed in "Justwant2Bhealthy", which is true; that is my main goal here, to get healthier by eating better and losing some weight.

So, I put ROSEBUD underneath as my registered name. I mentioned to someone who asked that had I known I would have to type it in every time I logged in, that I would have made it shorter; but now when I type in the first letters, the computer brings it up for me ... yeah!