Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 04-03-2009, 12:44 PM   #76  
Im changing my life!

S/C/G: 209/159/155(for now)

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
When I was little, I used to love peanut butter + butter sandwiches (so I put a layer of butter plus a layer of peanut butter). Now... I can't even think about doing that again. I believe a couple years ago I thought about trying it again and omg it was gross!

Wow, that sounds pretty intense LOL! We did toast with peanut butter & brown sugar sprinkled on top. UGH! I wouldnt touch that with a stolen spoon now!

I think my "never agains" are:

Ground beef: I love ground turkey SO much now, and my husband cooks it SO well, I wouldnt even bother with the old greasy junk!

Any milk other than fat free or soy: The thickness of it makes me instantly gag now!

Olive Garden's Chicken Alfredo: An old favorite, in fact, the only thing I ate at Olive Garden for about 7 years, every time I went there. After seeing it has 1430 calories, and a whopping 82 grams of fat, NEVER again (but it will be missed!)

I suppose there are MANY things Ill probably never ALLOW myself to eat again, and I will miss many of them. Funny how we lost old habits, but now have new habits, eating healthy foods!
Vegaspunkermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:07 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegaspunkermom View Post
Olive Garden's Chicken Alfredo: An old favorite, in fact, the only thing I ate at Olive Garden for about 7 years, every time I went there. After seeing it has 1430 calories, and a whopping 82 grams of fat, NEVER again (but it will be missed!)
I don't care much for alfredo, but I love a really good homemade mac and cheese. I found I just do it differently - have it as a small side rather than entree, in place of bread or rice or something like that. But that won't help much at Olive Garden, where you have to buy the whole big entree .
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:31 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 175/135/125

Height: 5'2"

I'll never eat anything with high fructose corn syrup again...I'm convinced it's the cause of SOME of my weight gain over the last 10 years....I'll also never eat a whole bag of double stuff oreos...in one sitting..oh, it also has HFCS!
nurseliz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:21 PM   #79  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

I'm done, as much as is possible, with eating factory-built crap like HFCS, artificial sweeteners, fake colors, trans-fats, non-fermented soy "products", and whenever I can, any mega-farmed meat. The "Omnivore's Dilemma" was absolutely the best book I've read in decades.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:58 PM   #80  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

White bread with sweetened condensed milk as a spread (like honey, only sweeter. Completely addictive...good times....)
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:27 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 267/260/135

Height: 5'5"

Regular soda: after switching to diet it tastes horrid and thick and syrupy. It gives me a stomachache, even, and doesn't even taste good to me. I can drink things like the occasional diet sprite now, and I sometimes I drink unsweetened flavored water.

Fried food. It grosses me out now, and it makes my skin break out.

Milk and other dairy, I've just never liked it, and I try to get my calcium, etc from other sources.

Pancakes, waffles, syrup: I never ate these a lot, but the thought of the syrup really grosses me out. Nothing against maple syrup really, the good stuff is good and I'll have the occassion one of those real maple syrup candies as a treat like once a year, but the regular grocery-store syrup is pretty much corn syrup colored brown, and I get grossed out just thinking about putting that on food and eating it.

Quote:
Here they are usually made of either a Pita pocket or a white bread roll stuffed with "doner", which is a large round glob of meat that rotates in front of a grill. Slices of this stuff are cut off. The origin of the meat is unfathomable and it is fairly highly spiced, which makes me suspicious.
Argh I love Döner and survived on the stuff for weeks at a time when I was in Germany. Of course, I was also at my lowest weight then and didn't care about the origin of the meat or how many calories might be in one.

Quote:
I'll never eat anything with high fructose corn syrup again...I'm convinced it's the cause of SOME of my weight gain over the last 10 years....I'll also never eat a whole bag of double stuff oreos...in one sitting..oh, it also has HFCS!
Same. I'm still working on this one, but getting there...
amy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:32 PM   #82  
Dipsy Doodle

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'6"

Let's see... uggh. General Tso Chicken from the local teriyaki shop. It's not exactly related to making a healthier choice, but I got sick from it once and... yeah. :P Fortunately, I don't miss it. (Now orange chicken, that's another story...)

Alfredo sauce - kinda grosses me out. It's less healthy than red marinara, right?
smh219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:43 PM   #83  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Mock Chicken! There is a reason they call it mock - I used to love it. SO GROSS!!
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:17 PM   #84  
Brown Eyed Staccie

Oh and baby carrots! They are made from deformed carrots and dipped in cholorine! That's why they get white when they get a little dry!!
Old 04-17-2009, 08:26 PM   #85  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Eyed Staccie View Post
Oh and baby carrots! They are made from deformed carrots and dipped in cholorine! That's why they get white when they get a little dry!!
I had NO IDEA!!!!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:31 PM   #86  
Brown Eyed Staccie

I Know I was disappointed because they are a great snack. I know there are so many foods bad out there for you but I can't bring myself to eat them anymore. I will only eat the real carrots now - cute ones like the dancing carrot !
Old 04-17-2009, 10:24 PM   #87  
No description available.

Read what snopes has to say about the baby carrot issue:

http://www.snopes.com/food/tainted/carrots.asp

I'll keep eating them!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:41 AM   #88  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife View Post
I'll keep eating them!
Me too!!! And quite often, I might add.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:02 AM   #89  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife View Post
Read what snopes has to say about the baby carrot issue:

http://www.snopes.com/food/tainted/carrots.asp

I'll keep eating them!

thx for the link. the more you know the questions you have, eh?
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:14 AM   #90  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

I will never eat corned-beef hash again, now that I know that 1 serving is almost pure fat and like 400 calories... which wouldn't be so big a deal except that I traditionally eat it with other things like eggs and buttered toast. So I just avoid it altogether now.

I will think twice before pulling into the drive through now, too. I've done really well with that this year, having had fast food only three times since January 1. I've only had takeout pizza three times this year, as well.

My sister and I used to live together and we would go to Olive Garden and drink a couple of tall beers and plow our ways through big plates of pasta and multiple breadsticks once a week. She always got the mushroom ravioli with marinara, which I can only assume is a bit more healthy than what I always used to get, the CHICKEN ALFREDO. Sigh. I do kind of miss the chicken alfredo, but I don't doubt for a minute that it is every bit of 1500 calories without the breadsticks. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. Especially when we always used to get the tiramisu or whatever afterward... Holy ****, no wonder we're fat!

Last edited by freshmanweightorbust; 04-18-2009 at 09:18 AM. Reason: awwwwwww yeah Olive Garden
freshmanweightorbust is offline   Reply With Quote