Old 01-10-2006, 12:45 AM   #46  

I really want to get this set! What DVD do you all do most of the time. The dance party one looks fun!
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:47 AM   #47  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

The Cardio Party and Ab Jam are on heavy rotation. They get done the most often. I do the Lower Body Jam at least once a week. I tried the Turbo Sculpt and it was a great workout for my legs but without hand weights, I didn't feel like it did much for my arms so I'm getting some weights soon. I love the first Cardio Party so much that I haven't even tried the second one yet.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 04:30 PM   #48  

I do the 20 Minute one with the Ab workout (also 20 minutes long), the Cardio Party, and the Cardio Party Mix 2 - my favorite is the 20 minute and I wish it was just a little longer. Sometimes I use the learn and burn which is 16 minutes and add that to the 20 minute instead of the ab workout. I've used the turbo sculpt a couple of times and the lower body twice - I don't care for the lower body as much. This set is awesome and I just ordered the two new ones that are coming out - I can't wait. The rest will be coming out in February so I know what I'm spending my birthday money on!!!!

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 04:33 PM   #49  
Mommy to two beast-ettes

ups is bringing mine tomorrow! i can't wait!!

i haven't been excited about working out in... well, never!
jas80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 05:40 PM   #50  

I did the Cardio Party Mix 2 today for the first time and I LOVED it. There is one segment in particular, I think it's the one right before the finale, that I love the most. The lower body isn't particularly fun but using that resistance band, man is it a workout??

I'm not ordering any new workouts from her until I finish paying for these but I really am looking forward to the new ones. Like jas, I've never been this excited about exercise before. Between TJ and Bootcamp, I am a happy lady.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:37 PM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer85
I made my mom sit down and watch the Turbo Jam informercial with me and she was still against it. She is really not into videos, and thinks I need to just go for a walk... Its annoying, is there anyway to buy DVDs out of the system? Like one or two on my own? Or similar tapes?
Here is a link to buy Beachbody videoes separate - they no longer offer this link on there site but I had it bookmarked.

http://www.beachbody.com/jump.jsp?it...RY&path=1,2,21

It would be cheaper to buy the set and have them all. Do you get money for your birthday or from Christmas???? That is too bad that your mom doesn't see the sense in you purchasing them - sad. I remember being in high school and getting a cassette tape with a workout book - I didn't know a thing about fitness videoes then but lucky one of our teachers did an aerobics class after school and that is where my love of exercise came from. This was 18 years ago. Jeesh - where in the heck has the time gone???

If you have the money, or can save the money, maybe a friend, teacher, aunt, uncle . . . whoever will order it for you with a credit card ???

If you use the 20% off, it will help for the cost of the set.

http://www.beachbody.com/cdrom.htm

I have yet to find a tape to compare to Turbo Jam. I did get a Zumba beginners tape from someone free but haven't tried it yet. I don't know if it's along those lines or not.

Good luck!!!! Rachelle

The 20% code is no longer working as of January, 2006

Last edited by RachelleS; 04-03-2006 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:39 PM   #52  

Ok, I did cardio party mix one and I was soooo tired! But because the music was so upbeat and charlene kept telling me to keep pushing, I finished the whole video. I'm so proud of myself!

Teahoney--did you get the cardio party mix two with your set? or did you order an extra video? because I was looking for it on my dvd's but it wasn't there. So I figure it must be part of some deluxe set.
Artacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 09:40 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by teahoney
I did the Cardio Party Mix 2 today for the first time and I LOVED it. There is one segment in particular, I think it's the one right before the finale, that I love the most. The lower body isn't particularly fun but using that resistance band, man is it a workout??
Cardio Party 2 doesn't use a resistance band - did you do Turbo Sculpt???? Sculpt and Lower Body I think are the two that use the bands. I think Turbo Sculpt uses the bands - now I'm second guessing that one. And it's been a long time since I did the Lower Body one since it isn't a favorite of mine.

hmmmm . . . you've got me wondering as I just did Mix 2 last night and I'm sure there are no bands in either Cardio Party's.

Rachelle
Old 01-12-2006, 09:42 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artacia
Ok, I did cardio party mix one and I was soooo tired! But because the music was so upbeat and charlene kept telling me to keep pushing, I finished the whole video. I'm so proud of myself!

Teahoney--did you get the cardio party mix two with your set? or did you order an extra video? because I was looking for it on my dvd's but it wasn't there. So I figure it must be part of some deluxe set.

Artacia - when I ordered Turbo Jam, it gave me the option of ordering I think it was the Lower Body and the Cardio Party Mix 2 for a lower price. Thank goodness I grabbed it. If you want either one, in my post above, the first link has where you can order individual workouts.

Rachelle
Old 01-12-2006, 10:05 PM   #55  
Mommy to two beast-ettes

wow, really pricey if buying them seperately.

dreamer, if you don't have a relative that will use their credit card, i know there's visa and american express giftcards that work just like a credit card. maybe save some money and try that route if all else fails. good luck!
jas80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:59 PM   #56  

Artacia - Now that you mention it, yes, I did order a deluxe set. They said that for x amount of dollars more (don't remember how much) I could get all the videos they have out right now.

Rachelle - Sorry, I got my thoughts all jumbled in that last post. There are no bands in the Cardio Party. Only in the Lower Body Jam. And Turbo Sculpt just uses hand weights.
Old 01-14-2006, 05:45 PM   #57  

Hello, I was just wondering about you turbo jammers......
Have you all had any results that you have noticed lbs or inches?
My mom just ordered this. I was just checking into it for her, she got it yesterday. It looks like alot of fun and great cardio!
Thanks,
Amy
AMYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 12:03 AM   #58  

I have definitely noticed a difference in my stomach. It is smaller. She really does engage your core throughout the whole workout and it has also improved my posture.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:16 AM   #59  

teahoney - totally understand the jumble thoughts - just wanted to make sure I have the right videos and they weren't marked wrong!

Rachelle
Old 01-17-2006, 08:27 AM   #60  

Hi, new here. Definitely want to order TJ, but wanted to get the deluxe version. Saw some people talking about 20% off. Where do you get that? Thanks.
twixxi77 is offline   Reply With Quote