Old 03-07-2006, 09:15 PM   #166  

I like Cardio Party 2 too. I don't know if I can say which one I like more. They are pretty even.

I'll have to note the next time I do both of them to see.

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 06:38 AM   #167  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorsMum
Hi Debbie! Thanks for the info. I'm new to the WOWY site. I have been modifying it, but I was just curious as to why there would be such a big gap. I would think that if they only want you to work out 4 or 5 days a week, that the rest days wouldn't be in a row. Oh well, I'm going to workout the way I want anyway. I like to see the x's too! How does that workout buddy thing work?

I'm assuming from your screen name that you live in Chicago? I'm not that far away from you. We are in Wadsworth (Waukegan). Takes about 45 mins to get to Chicago in good traffic (which is abnormal )

It's nice to meet you, Debbie!

Diane
Hi Diane
Sorry i haven't been around for a while, but yes i am in chicago. Its good to workout the way you want, i know sometimes when i look at the board i see people doing tj videos that do more than i do at one time but often less than i do. What i like to look at is the combinations people choose to give me an idea of something that might work better than something i do myself. The workout buddy is just a list of people working out at the same time as you are. It is just another incentive to make you want to get the workout done that day because you make a commitment to do it at the same time as the buddy you choose. Although times can still be changed if necessary. Having a buddy is good.
raiyneInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 06:47 AM   #168  

Cardio Party 2 is great, I have the two live videos as well which are cardio party remix and booty sculpt plus abs which i must say are a blast. The cardio party remix is only 35 minutes buts its at a faster pace than all the others and has two back to back turbos which make it great. The booty sculpt is not for the feint of heart it is good because she increases the weights to 8lbs the bands are used for outer thigh work and the ab routine is harder which i like the most. Can you tell i love TJ lol Oh last weekend i did the celebrity 2 day juice fast as kind of a system clean to renew for the week and i lost 8lbs that was great, this is turning into a great week.
raiyneInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:50 AM   #169  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

I would love to get the live videos but I used my brother's credit card to get them the first time and still haven't paid him back for all of it yet so I'll see if I can find them in stores. The videos always wind up in stores anyway.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:05 AM   #170  

Smile Hi :)

Hello, I'm a newbie to this site. I have been turbo jammin since it was released in August. I LOOOOOOOOOVVVVEE this program!

I have all 9 videos that are out right now. Four more are going to be released around March 16 and you can bet I'm gonna order those, ASAP!!

I was so excited when someone directed me to this thread. I figured there would be some people just as hooked as I am

Mind if I jump in here, and join the fun?

Amanda
isabee03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:41 AM   #171  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Hi Amanda! Welcome!!
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:46 PM   #172  

Welcome Amanda! Yes, definitely join in! I've gotten a lot of information from everyone here. I've only been doing TJ for 3 weeks now (1st week just learning), so I'm no expert like you are on the workouts yet, but I'm having a blast!

Rachelle - Thanks again for the info on the new dvd's. I haven't gotten even through 3 of my dvd's yet, but I'm psyched about getting the new ones anyway.

Debbie - I'm not sure that I could do the workout with a buddy thing. I really never know when I'm going to workout each day. It really depends on my little one. It's either during his morning nap or after he goes to bed at night. He rules the roost around here Have you done the turbo sculpt? I've been stuck on cardio party 1 and ab jam right now. I think I'll wait till the end of this week to move on to another work out. I was just wondering about turbo sculpt though. Does it give you as much of a workout as the cardio parties?
ConnorsMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:49 PM   #173  

BTW Debbie, what is the celebrity 2 day juice fast? Is it like it says, 2 days of just juice?
Old 03-08-2006, 04:03 PM   #174  

Thanks for the warm welcome

Connorsmum, I use WOWY all the time and, have for almost 3 years now (I'm a veteran on the Beachboards), you don't have to workout with a buddy. I don't because like you, my times may vary because of my daughter. If you're ever there and you see isabee03, that's me I am normally there anywhere between 3 and 3:45. Tonight, however, I'm going to try to make it to a live Turbo Kick class.....I'm so excited! I get all dorky at the thought of doing this workout in a gym

Amanda
Old 03-08-2006, 04:17 PM   #175  

I looked at our local gym's schedule to see if they had TJ there, but they don't. I think it would be fun to do this workout with other people at a gym. I'll have to keep checking to see if they change. Let me know how you liked it!

I will look for you on WOWY. I either work out around 11am or 7pm, unless it's on the weekends. Then Daddy can take care of the little one while I work out.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:30 PM   #176  

Connorsmum-Try looking for Turbo Kick. It's not called Turbo Jam in a gym
Old 03-08-2006, 04:59 PM   #177  

Nope, no Turbo anything at my gym. Bummer! Oh well, it's cheaper to just stay home and do the dvd's anyway. I'll keep checking though.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:26 AM   #178  

S/C/G: 250/180/147

Question Turbo jam promo codes made it 58.00 Anyone interested

I tried the promo codes I saw listed under this thread and it lowered the price to 58.00. I used two different codes, anyone interested?
keish193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 02:30 PM   #179  

I'm so excited for my workouts today! I'm going to hit Booty Sculpt+Abs and either the 20 minute workout or CPR. This week is going strong for me. It's great to have that mojo back!!

How is everyone else doing??

Amanda
Old 03-09-2006, 02:46 PM   #180  
Mommy to two beast-ettes

wow, haven't done tj in a long while as i was out of state for a month. didn't even think to take them with me. d'oh! last couple days i've been doing the biggest loser workout, the low intensity cardio, and that's just making my lower body ache like crazy. gonna get my butt back into tj tomorrow. right back to trusty ol' cardio party 2
jas80 is offline   Reply With Quote