Old 07-20-2010, 07:28 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 261/161/145

Height: 5'7"

Baaaaaaaahahahahahahahah!!!

About to go do my last Core Cardio and Balance. Will do the fit test tomorrow and then kick up the Max on Thursday! God help me! LOL!!
jenlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:55 PM   #92  

Holy smokes! I just had a look at Max Interval Circuit and I about died just watching it! I was exhausted 20 minutes in! Man I was praying for a nice LONG cool down/stretch, not quite so much! I want my mommy
Old 07-21-2010, 11:33 AM   #93  

Woke up nice and early to do my fit test this morning, that way today will still feel like my day off:P

Switch Kicks 61/80/87
Power Jacks 35/41/48
Power Knees 73/90/101
Power Jumps 29/37/39
Globe Jumps 9/10/10
Suicide Jumps 10/10/12
Push Up Jacks 13/21/28
Low Plank Oblique 51/62/56

I am so glad switch kicks are first, they absolutely kill me! I believe the reduction in low plank obliques is due to being able to do more 'push up jacks', therefore my chest was exhausted. I have also noticed that the mysterious mark on my right elbow is from low plank obliques! I had two strawberries on each elbow this morning!

My push up still isn't what it is supposed to be but it is what I can do and my modified version, just can't make it all the way down. But what I can do is working me out just as good. I guess the goal for phase 2 is to be able to get all the way down!

Oh and after I finished, I backed it up and counted Tanya's low plank obliques, she does count 1 for each side, but she takes 2 rest periods. I assume she pushes herself so hard through everything else that she is fatigued by the end.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:57 AM   #94  

Those are great numbers! Yeah, I think you can fairly account for your lower number on the last one because you are able to complete more of the other exercises.

On Saturdays, when I go for my long run, I like to run super early in the morning, come home and sleep, then wake up and start my day. I tell myself I am tricking my body into thinking it's a different day! LOL.

Max Cardio Conditioning today. I don't even want to know what it's like. I haven't done it yet because we are having work done inside and outside the house and I don't want the construction guy watching me.
1bighog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:36 PM   #95  

I have some choice words for Shaun T. He had words for me to. They went like this: (During a deep lunge stretch) "Embrace this, because we are going to train your body for endurance." I knew I was screwed right then.

I am trying to love this, I'm just not there yet. Today is the first time in a loooong time that I wanted to quit. It is just hard. I keep telling myself that I felt the same way when I started month 1. I can do this. 3 workouts left this week, then 3 more weeks. I can do this.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:20 AM   #96  

You absolutely can do it. It's 1 hour a day, what would you rather do with that hour, sit on your duff, watching Maury Povich and eating HoHo's? I don't even know what a hoho is, but I've heard of them! You've invested too much to quit now. Trust me, I haven't even started phase 2 and I want to quit, but there's no freaking way that I will be defeated now. I want to finish just for the sake of saying I did it.

Just don't overdo yourself, take breaks as needed. Collapse into child's pose and breath! Pick yourself up and start again. I woke up at 4am this morning, got up, went pee, and then decided I was better off doing this after work!! So I went back to bed and tried to sleep, couldn't sleep so I just rested. I will chime in later this evening if I have the physical ability to even type!
Old 07-22-2010, 09:11 AM   #97  

You are right. There is nothing else I'd rather be doing. When I run and want to quit, I always tell myself that I will regret having quit, but I will never regret finishing and putting everything I have into it to finish that last bit.

Today was Max Recovery--what a welcome break! Still a few hard exercises that I had to take lots of breaks on, but really good stretching.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:22 PM   #98  

P.S. You don't know what a hoho is? LMAO! Don't worry; they're not that great.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:00 PM   #99  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Hey all you INSANE ladies! I've been doing insanity on and off now for a few months. I tried to follow the daily program but found it too daunting. Now I mix it in with other forms of cardio along with clx and strive to do one insanity workout atleast once a week. Today my usual 1hour cardio class that i take at the gym was cancelled and I really had my heart set on an hour of cardio so I did Max sports conditioning for the first time. What a FUN workout!omg I had a blast! I love how encouraging Shaun T is and I love the high energy of the workouts. I still have a long way to go but with Insanity I will get there, I just know it!
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:09 PM   #100  

I'm about to go do Max Interval. I hate that I'm dreading it! I want to feel as pumped as I did 5 weeks ago!!!

No, I've never had a HoHo, but I know what an old school Ding Dong is, as in wrapped in foil! Not this bogus cellophane that they come in these days! LOL!

I'm 32 by the way, single mom of a 5 year old who lives with her dad 50% of the time, live in south Louisiana, work Monday thru Friday for a communications company that has a network in the Gulf of Mexico providing comms to offshore companies.

EveLHaelf - I can't help but think you are crazy for loving any of the max workouts! How about you pass out some of that motivation!
Old 07-22-2010, 07:13 PM   #101  

Okay I just googled HoHo and they look just like Swiss Cake Rolls!!

LOL, yesterday was National Junk Food Day, this would have been so appropriate!!
http://secondratesnacks.com/hohos-vs...vs-swiss-rolls
Old 07-22-2010, 08:30 PM   #102  

Okay, so I just finished max interval circuit and well it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. I expected it to drag out but before I knew it, there was only 14 minutes left! My knee is officially completely shot. It was bothering me today before the workout. I can still do high knees and jumps, but any jacking into a squat is a big no no! So I had to modify those movements, generally just to a controlled squat. I am going to start icinig it multiple times a day again and get a knee brace, hopefully that will help it!
Old 07-22-2010, 11:17 PM   #103  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveLHaelf View Post
Today my usual 1hour cardio class that i take at the gym was cancelled and I really had my heart set on an hour of cardio so I did Max sports conditioning for the first time. What a FUN workout!omg I had a blast!
Aahhh! I want that Sports workout SO bad! I purchased the extras but the DVDs don't work and I have no recourse now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenlag View Post
Okay, so I just finished max interval circuit and well it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. I expected it to drag out but before I knew it, there was only 14 minutes left! My knee is officially completely shot.
You are a tough chick! I am dreading this workout tomorrow, although I'm hoping it will feel easier since I got through Max Plyo and Max Conditioning. My knees hurt, too! I'm sure not as bad as yours, but it definitely hurts to go from bending to standing.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:11 AM   #104  

Month 1, Day 5--Max Interval Circuit again. It was not nearly as bad as the first time, although still really hard. I think I just might be okay. At least I don't dread it as much as I did before. I'm going out of town today and I still plan on doing Max Plyo tomorrow. Sunday is rest.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:13 AM   #105  

I am totally bummed out. I know I need to take a break for a few days. I was in so much pain yesterday with my knee that I would be foolish to risk a further injury. Granted I have been pampering it with ice and keeping it wrapped. I feel like I could do something today (I took yesterday off), but my logic tells me I shouldn't. My hard headedness wants to take control though. Ugh, this irks the daylights out of me