Old 07-13-2010, 04:37 PM   #61  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMfan View Post
I'd love to start this program one day. I was crazy enough to buy it but certainly it's not time to use it.
Did I read on another thread that you are already doing 30 DS? If so, then why not tackle Insanity? I think the key with Insanity is to already be active, not be in the best shape of your life. Someone who's never done any kind of workout is not likely going to do Insanity, but if you're already active, then try it! No matter what, it's going to be the hardest workout you've ever done!
1bighog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:58 PM   #62  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bighog View Post
Did I read on another thread that you are already doing 30 DS? If so, then why not tackle Insanity? I think the key with Insanity is to already be active, not be in the best shape of your life. Someone who's never done any kind of workout is not likely going to do Insanity, but if you're already active, then try it! No matter what, it's going to be the hardest workout you've ever done!
That workout definitely earns its name.

I finished 30 DS (although mostly with beginner moves). I have literally been sitting on the edge of my bed watching the Insanity workouts thinking "There is nooooo way...but maybe there is"

I might give the fit test a shot, at the very least. Actually, tonight, I will do the fit test and report back.
JMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:00 PM   #63  
Newbie Nurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenlag View Post
JMfan - give it a shot. We can't do everything they do, and THEY can't even do everything they do! This will be a GREAT program to strengthen your endurance and really give your body that boost of strength that is required to lose weight. Last year when I started exercising, I literally couldn't last 2 minutes on the elliptical!!! I pushed myself to 5 minutes one day and was gasping and wheezing for breath and my knees were buckling as I walked out the gym to my car seeing black spots!!!!!!! Bahahhaha, I"ve come so far!! After that day, I decided to stick to some basic weight training to strengthen myself and walking. Once I started conditioning myself just a little, I was soon destroying the elliptical! It was my best friend.
See...you guys make me really wanna give it a shot. And that is awesome that you've come so far. That's amazing!

Last edited by JMfan; 07-13-2010 at 06:23 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:35 PM   #64  

Quote:
I might give the fit test a shot, at the very least. Actually, tonight, I will do the fit test and report back.
Just don't let it scare you! I promise, the first time I did the fit test, I almost threw up. It's that scary. But you will get better every day!
Old 07-14-2010, 08:56 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 261/161/145

Height: 5'7"

DO IT!!!! I was so intimidated to buy Insanity. I didn't want to tell anyone I was going to be doing it out of fear of failure, fear of not being able to do it. I stared intimidation down in the face and I am doing this now! I started off literally drinking 2 full bottles of water DURING the workout. Now I don't even drink a full bottle. I have managed to get myself to not breaking either during the initial 'warm-up'.

Oh my best friend who bought this when I did, puked during the fit test. She had eaten 3 hours prior, but she has also been very sedentary for the last few years. She was weighing in around 170lbs. It's not about how big you are, but it's about how active you've been. You've already lost your first 30 and presumably within the last couple of months. You've done 30 day Shred and I'm sure you saw an improvement from Day 1 to Day 30, right?

I would say even if you start Insanity and just do the warm-up and stretch everyday, it's like 20 minutes, that alone will whip you into a new endurance level!!

Hey, seriously they jump like 3 feet off the ground. I can't get ma big ole butt that high off the ground!!! But I can tell you, I started off probably only clearing a few inches off the ground. I was between a mirror and bed the other day, and decided to try to gauge my jump and how high my feet were actually coming up. 16 INCHES!

THIS PROGRAM STRENGTHENS YOU!!!!!!! Being stronger will enable you to go longer and further, your metabolism will work better too!

I ordered 30 day Shred last night, along with Mastering your Metabolism and Mastering your Metabolism cookbook! YaY!
jenlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:54 PM   #66  

Quote:
I ordered 30 day Shred last night, along with Mastering your Metabolism and Mastering your Metabolism cookbook! YaY!
Awesome. I am looking forward as well. I ordered Chalean Extreme and I'm going to order Turbo Fire to go along with it.

Day 3 of recovery week...and I gotta say that the Core Cardio and Balance workout is getting boring. I think I miss the insane stuff (although I wouldn't call Core Cardio and Balance easy, either.) I jogged 5 miles this morning and felt SO GOOD! The running has definitely been easier while in recovery week.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:15 PM   #67  
Newbie Nurse

So I attempted the fit and got through half of it before I practically died on my bedroom floor.

Goodness, I wanted to shut it off after I heard him say something along the lines of "Okay, and that was your warm up. Let's get started"

I did see my strength and endurance improve over the course of 30 DS. I guess just doing the warm up and stretch for starters is a good idea.

Last edited by JMfan; 07-14-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:06 PM   #68  

Quote:
So I attempted the fit and got through half of it before I practically died on my bedroom floor..
I am sorry. I don't mean to laugh. It's that I have so been there. Read my posts from the beginning of this thread. Every single one is, "I'm dying," "I think I'm going to die," or, "I'm not dead yet." We know how you feel!

Like I said, I almost threw up during the first fit test. I'm sure it's considered cheating, but I stopped the fit test after Power Jumps to rest because I was sure I was dying! But I stuck with it and two weeks later, while it was still very hard (except the warm up, that was easier), I did the whole thing only taking the breaks given. You can do it.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:07 PM   #69  

jenlag, have you started recovery week yet? i just finished day 5 of it. i think i am doing the workout real well and over the past 5 days, my heart rate has come down while doing it, but i really miss the more intense workouts!! i am going to do my 3rd fit test on sunday instead of monday because i don't want to do it and my first max recovery workout on the same day. tomorrow i'm going on a 3 mile run along with core cardio, then saturday a 6 mile run and core cardio. i'll check in sunday after the fit test!

oh, i've started taking glucosamine supplements to help combat those creaky joints i'm getting!

Last edited by 1bighog; 07-15-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:11 AM   #70  

JMfan - yes, OMG, death was surely imminent when I started too!! My chest and lungs hurt sooooooo bad between exercises of the fit test because I was breathing so hard!! I gave phase 1 to my coworker because she was interested in it. She did the first two phases of P90X then moved and didn't finish it, but she was pumped when she heard how excited I've been over Insanity. Well 8 minutes into the fit test she had a severe asthma attack, it was of course driven by the intense cardio. Now again, this didn't happen to her for P90X. My other friend who ordered it when I did and weighs in around 170 puked during the fit test. Then she took 20 minute breaks between each exercise. So it's okay!!

Hog - yes I started recovery last night. Ooooh, it was easy until towards the end where it is the balance and lifting the leg for those 3 exercises!! I was crying like a lil b!@+%. Haha. I guess you are using a heart rate monitor? I wanted to get one before starting. I researched and researched and researched and got frustrated bc I didn't find what I thought I want at a reasonable price, well I didn't find it period! I had ultimately decided it would have to be a wristwatch style, but after doing all the floor work, I don't know how well it would have worked. Seems like it would be bulky to do push ups.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:59 AM   #71  

Yes, I have a heart rate monitor. It's a cheapy from Walmart. I got it online from Walmart and had site to store delivery (so free shipping) and paid $19.88. The same watch is sold in the store for just under $30. I realize it's most likely not very accurate, but I just use it as a guide.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:19 AM   #72  

Well, I probably should at least get a cheapo to gauge my heart rate and have an idea of where I am at and whether I need to push harder.

I am SORE from recovery week!!! It's the jabbing; I'm sore through the back of my torso/shoulder blades. it feels good though!!
Old 07-17-2010, 08:04 AM   #73  

Quote:
Well, I probably should at least get a cheapo to gauge my heart rate and have an idea of where I am at and whether I need to push harder.

I am SORE from recovery week!!! It's the jabbing; I'm sore through the back of my torso/shoulder blades. it feels good though!!
When I first started Insanity, my heart rate would go up to 90% and above according to my monitor. Now, I rarely get past 85%. I know I'm working harder (because I'm able to do most of the workouts) but it's good to know my body is becoming more efficient.

I love the jabs! I always muster up tons of energy for those. I don't notice my shoulder blades and triceps being sore until I begin those particular exercises. It's great.

I think I am going to skip my last day of Core Cardio and Balance. I just got back from a 6 mile hilly run. It's the longest I've ever gone and I'm on a pretty good high right now. Plus, my rest day is supposed to be tomorrow but I'm going to do the 3rd Fit Test instead because I don't want to it and a Max workout on Monday.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:52 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

I also have Insanity sitting here...I'm thinking of trying the fit test, but first I have to ask what sports bras are you all wearing to hold things down for these workouts?
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:09 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringmaster View Post
I also have Insanity sitting here...I'm thinking of trying the fit test, but first I have to ask what sports bras are you all wearing to hold things down for these workouts?
Enell! I buy 2nd quality from eBay and they are great. sandjoutlet is the seller I buy from.