Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 12:42 PM   #166  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Wink REady to order insanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristyjoy View Post
I'm so close to the end of Insanity. I'm getting sad and nervous about my final results.
I have been reading through your posts, and I am excited to see your final results!! Are you going to post before and after pictures??

I just saw the insanity infomercial and found this thread. I am almost ready to order it. I am nervous because it does look hard. I have been doing Jillian Micheals and The Biggest Loser Videos. They are challenging, but I want quicker results and I know I will have to work for those. Plus, I am training for a 3K, so I run too. Since your at the end, would you recommend insanity?
Old 02-06-2010, 12:53 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 214/198/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I'm so close to the end of Insanity. I'm getting sad and nervous about my final results.
i'm sure you'll end up being impressed. did you take a before picture? i am kind of looking forward to taking my day 30 picture to see if i can tell a difference.

did you do Cardio Core and Balance all 6 days during the recovery week? is it boring?

today i did Pure Cardio/Cardio Abs. i turned my ankle during the mummy kicks and totally fell on my butt. thank goodness for padding! (not the padding on my butt, the padding on my exercise floor)
Old 02-06-2010, 01:33 PM   #168  
Weight is Just a Number!

S/C/G: 217/174/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrgrl View Post
i'm sure you'll end up being impressed. did you take a before picture? i am kind of looking forward to taking my day 30 picture to see if i can tell a difference.

did you do Cardio Core and Balance all 6 days during the recovery week? is it boring?

today i did Pure Cardio/Cardio Abs. i turned my ankle during the mummy kicks and totally fell on my butt. thank goodness for padding! (not the padding on my butt, the padding on my exercise floor)
I did the CCB pretty much the whole recovery week. I subbed a 30 minute cardio/30 minute yoga combo I think twice. It's not too boring, and it's actually pretty challenging. I think that Max Recovery is WAY more boring than CCB.

Hope your ankle is ok! Is it sore?

I did Cardio Conditioning (the Max version of Pure Cardio) today and I'm supposed to do Insane Abs next, but instead I'm subbing this new Pilates video I got:
http://www.amazon.com/MTV-Fitness-Pi...5481006&sr=8-2

I'm about to post a thread in this forum about the series of these videos if you guys want to check it out. I think it's great that we are all doing Insanity, but I'm still hardcore into Yoga and Pilates for getting that long, lean look and those super-flexible muscles

Last edited by kristyjoy; 02-06-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:37 PM   #169  
Weight is Just a Number!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodyangel View Post
I have been reading through your posts, and I am excited to see your final results!! Are you going to post before and after pictures??

I just saw the insanity infomercial and found this thread. I am almost ready to order it. I am nervous because it does look hard. I have been doing Jillian Micheals and The Biggest Loser Videos. They are challenging, but I want quicker results and I know I will have to work for those. Plus, I am training for a 3K, so I run too. Since your at the end, would you recommend insanity?

I did take a photo, a side profile of me in a sports bra and leggings. I plan on taking an after photo and I will PROBABLY share it with you all. One thing Insanity has done for me is made me feel pretty confident about my body. I'm seeing all these new muscles popping out and I feel amazing. It's pretty incredible.

Would I recommend it? Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. I do have to be honest, the results aren't as dramatic as they claim on the infomercial, but I expected that. I have lost a ton of inches, a few pounds, but the most dramatic change can't really be measured. I just see all these muscles and I'm stronger and I feel fitter. It's actually been a really amazing experience for me, and I'm a little sad it's ending!
Old 02-06-2010, 08:59 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Hi there! My name is Angela and I have been reading through all of your posts and I want to thank you all,as you have motivated me even more to follow through with doing Insanity, and have calmed most o f my nervousness/fears.. lol I have had the mild pnemonia(sp?) for the last week and a half so I do not want to start until my lungs are feeling somewhat stronger, but in the time I have been recouping I have started talking myself out of doing Insanity because i got really nervous! but after reading through this thread, I have a new motivation! yay! lol I have the program.. so it is just a matter of picking a start date.. I am thinking maybe the 15th of February.. that way it gives me another week to get over this bug!
Good luck and way to go! kristyjoy on being so close to finishing.. I am curious to see your progress as well!
I am excited to have found this thread... I will definetely be back! lol
Night Night,God Bless!
Old 02-06-2010, 10:42 PM   #171  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I did Cardio recovery today and it is a bit surreal. I like it, yoga moves, stretching but in the first 10 minutes I kept thinking "ok Shaun, when you going to start kicking my butt". I needed something light though, I spent about 4 hours today shoveling snow.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:38 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/145 HW: 232

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Breton Chick View Post
I have been recouping I have started talking myself out of doing Insanity because i got really nervous! but after reading through this thread, I have a new motivation! yay! lol I have the program.. so it is just a matter of picking a start date.. I am thinking maybe the 15th of February.. that way it gives me another week to get over this bug!!
Have you already bought Insanity? Just remember that it is only an exercise video and you only go at your own pace. You push yourself and stop when you can't go on anymore. It's really not scary but it is sometimes frustrating that your body is too exhausted to do what your mind wants it to do!
The feeling of accomplishment is really something to look forward to.
I don't feel it as much when I finish 40 minutes on an elliptical.
We are all here to support you day by day!
Old 02-07-2010, 10:39 AM   #173  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
I did Cardio recovery today and it is a bit surreal. I like it, yoga moves, stretching but in the first 10 minutes I kept thinking "ok Shaun, when you going to start kicking my butt". I needed something light though, I spent about 4 hours today shoveling snow.
I feel really guilty about that day. Once I get started on Insanity I feel like a fat slob when I don't work out hard.
I have so much more energy to work out than I used to!
Old 02-07-2010, 10:58 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 206/194/140

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo View Post
I feel really guilty about that day. Once I get started on Insanity I feel like a fat slob when I don't work out hard.
I have so much more energy to work out than I used to!

I have a lot more energy too! My legs feel stronger and I can get through the warm up no problem now! It's those damn suicide drills that kill me. The first time I tried to do them I was on my way back up and everyone on the tape was already back down doing push ups. After a few attempts I couldn't stop laughing at how funny my boyfriend and I looked. We must have looked like a couple of fish flopping around on the floor.

I strongly recommend Insanity to everyone!
Old 02-07-2010, 11:31 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Dingo! Thanks so much for that.. it is so nice to know.. and like I said I feel so much better about it now!.. I do already have the program.. I ended up getting it after I got the darn pnemonia.. but I feel so much better today so I am going to do light exercise this week to get my lungs used to working again haha then I am starting Insanity next Monday .. the 15th of February!
Old 02-07-2010, 01:32 PM   #176  
Weight is Just a Number!

I went out last night and saw a bunch of people I haven't seen since before I started doing Insanity, and EVERYONE commented on how much thinner I look! It's weird, because I've only lost a few pounds since I started, but I definitely look different!
Old 02-07-2010, 01:35 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 206/194/140

Height: 5'7

Quote:
I went out last night and saw a bunch of people I haven't seen since before I started doing Insanity, and EVERYONE commented on how much thinner I look! It's weird, because I've only lost a few pounds since I started, but I definitely look different!
That's great!!! I am very excited to see the before and after pics if you decide to post them.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:18 PM   #178  

Quote:
Awesome!
I'll bet you look fantastic!
That makes me happy,
Old 02-07-2010, 03:12 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 250/217/165

Height: 5.7

hi ive been reading through your post and i have a question. i never work out at all but i want to do you think this is the kinda workout i could do and i also just bought my swimsuit for the summer and it doesnt even fit so i have alot of work to do to fit into it and look hott so will this work or should i start with something differnet
Old 02-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #180  

This workout will bust anyone's *** including yours
If you never workout then you are in for a rough time. You could try to start doing it slow but it might be kind of frustrating and you will be in a lot of pain. They don't recommend the videos for people that are totally out of shape but that is for you to judge. You really need to be motivated to exercise everyday and stick with the plan. If you start giving yourself excuses to not do the videos then you will not go far because this level of exercise is not exactly fun to do.
I say kick your *** into gear and try it out (unless you have knee problems)
Closed Thread