Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 05:11 PM   #46  
Weight is Just a Number!

S/C/G: 217/174/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgeraghty View Post
You can do it!!! I did Max Cardio Conditioning last night even though I really didn't want to and I felt so much better afterwards. You know that you will feel better, stronger, etc. after you're done. Take more breaks if you need it, but do it.

Sort of related, I am liking the Max versions so much better. Yes, they are longer but I think they have more variety.
I was grumbly about it, but I did it. This week has been tough for me. I'm feeling down in the dumps about thinks unrelated to health and fitness, so I've been whiny about doing my workouts. On Monday, I was scheduled to do Max Recovery. I started it, but got bored and distracted, so I stopped. I decided the next day to go on to Max Cardio Conditioning (what I was scheduled for on Tuesday), but quit about 2 minutes into the actual workout.

SO, today I decided to go BACK to Max Recovery and start fresh. I finished Recovvery, with minimal breaks and I'm proud. My finish date is now postponed two more days, but oh well. I'm not racing.

And yes, I agree. I like the Max workouts MUCH better. I think repetitiveness is not something I do well with, and I prefer the Max workouts. I don't even really notice the extra time.

But, yay! I'm glad to have that over with for the day.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #47  
Weight is Just a Number!

I guess I'm SORT of racing to finish Insanity, because I got Chalean Extreme recently and I'm DYING to start it.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:16 PM   #48  
Weight is Just a Number!

I wonder if it would be overkill to start Chalean Extreme while I'm still doing Insanity?
Old 01-13-2010, 05:40 PM   #49  
Cat

S/C/G: 198/T/135

Height: 5'9"

Glad to hear you got it done Sometimes it's really hard to get motivated when you've got other stuff you're thinking about, etc.

I don't think it would be overkill to start CLX now. I probably would go down to 3 Insanity workouts a week (on the non-weight days) though. You work pretty hard during the CLX weights even though they are only about 40-45 minutes. My muscles always felt fatigued afterwards.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:38 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 214/198/150

Height: 5'6"

yay, my DVDs shipped today! i also prepared the floor in my basement; i bought some of those puzzle-piece like gym floor things a while ago, and finally tonight i secured them so they don't slip around when i jump, making me almost kill myself.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:23 PM   #51  
Weight is Just a Number!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrgrl View Post
yay, my DVDs shipped today! i also prepared the floor in my basement; i bought some of those puzzle-piece like gym floor things a while ago, and finally tonight i secured them so they don't slip around when i jump, making me almost kill myself.
That's awesome! I'm excited for you to get started!
Old 01-14-2010, 09:31 PM   #52  

today i did the jillian michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism while i wait for Insanity to come. i was sure huffing and puffing, and it probably doesn't even compare to Insanity!
Old 01-15-2010, 06:10 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 251.5/249.5/140

Height: 5'3"

Day 4 (I count the Fitness Test as Day 1) and I feel good. I needed the cardio recovery. It felt great! I look forward to the week of it. And I think that once we're done with Insanity, since it's not really an every day of the year type of workout, I'll probably do the cardio recovery regularly.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:12 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 251.5/249.5/140

Height: 5'3"

I was wondering (and someone please let me know if this isn't allowed) if anyone wanted to pal up on Twitter or Facebook so we can send random messages of encouragement. I forward mine to my Blackberry so it would be nice to see. Know what I mean?
Old 01-15-2010, 03:37 PM   #55  
Weight is Just a Number!

I did Max Interval Circuit today. One more day until my rest day! Woo! But yeah, I struggled through it. My first week of Max workouts is really pushing my limits. I hope it will get easier near the end. Floor switch kicks? Can't even do them, I'm so lame, just kicking my feet up without the jump in the middle. Oh well, at least I'm doing it right? I mean, it's getting my heart rate up, and my muscles are definitely doing as much work as they can.

I hope tomorrow goes a little more smoothly, I have Max Plyo and it's ALL jumping, and when you aren't jumping, you're doing plank work. GAHHHH. Insanity is making me, well, Insane!
Old 01-16-2010, 08:58 AM   #56  

i am still SO sore after doing that Jillian Michaels DVD thursday night. this makes me really nervous about what i'll feel like after doing my first Insanity workout. i may not be able to move!
Old 01-16-2010, 11:09 AM   #57  
Weight is Just a Number!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrgrl View Post
i am still SO sore after doing that Jillian Michaels DVD thursday night. this makes me really nervous about what i'll feel like after doing my first Insanity workout. i may not be able to move!
You'll be ok! Actually, Insanity doesn't make me THAT sore. It's more cardio-based than anything.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:10 PM   #58  

I got my Insanity package today! I think I will go ahead and start today, because I like the idea of having Friday be my rest day.

Do you all drink the Recovery Drink after your workouts? I didn't order it and I'm wondering if it's necessary.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:37 PM   #59  

OK, i did the fit test and took my "before" photo. i'll post the results of my fit test:

Switch Kicks: 43
Power Jacks: 33
Power Knees: 70 (thanks to years of tae-bo, i think!)
Power Jumps: 15
Globe Jumps: 8
Suicide Jumps:11
Push-up Jacks: 20 (i just did push-ups on my knees, because i'm not even close to being able to do a regular push-up, much less a push-up jack)
Low Plank Oblique: 25

confession: i had to pause before the suicide jumps for an extra break.

i feel sort of like fatty mclardbutt, but it can only get better, right? my HRM said i got up to 185, so i know i was working!
Old 01-17-2010, 02:51 PM   #60  

OK, did the Plyo Cardio Circuit today. This workout (Insanity) is quite aptly named. I probably only really did 50% of the moves and my HRM said I burned over 400 calories. The basketball drills? Not even close.

I had to take breaks during the warm up. During the WARM UP.
Closed Thread