Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 01:31 PM   #61  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraNS View Post

Where is a good place to find out about this Shred workout? Where is the best place to order it from?

Tell me all about it and why you like it!!!

Thanks , Laura x
i bought it at best buy and it was 12.99 its awesome! you only work out 20 minutes a day but i feel like its just as effective if not more effective than if you worked out for an hour. i also do a little cardio extra a few times a week but i feel like i would be fine with jillians tape if i wasnt a wee bit obsessed with getting this weight off quickly.

there are 3 circuits of 3-minutes strength, 2 mins. cardio and 1 minute abs. and warmup and cool down. i say buy it!
Old 06-25-2008, 02:24 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 224/221/160

Height: 5' 7"

I rented mine through netflix, i will keep it till i am bored with it and then order something else.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:40 PM   #63  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm curious how many of you still do other forms of exercise in addition to the videos? Even though I feel like I get a super good workout, I almost feel guilty that it's so short, like I'm not spending enough time on exercise. Sometimes I'll do the shred and the cardio one right afterwards. Or I'll cool down for a bit then do something else. Do you think that 20 minutes of this intense, non-stop exercise does really benefit you as much as an hour of slower, less intense exercise?
Old 06-25-2008, 02:52 PM   #64  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

I feel the same kind of "guilt" if I only do the Shred, rather than the shred and then 30+ mins of cardio. But I think that in terms of getting your body to change, really challenging bursts of activity are probably just as good as longer more moderate/less challenging activity. But I think that if the goal is to burn calories, you'd burn more doing a full 30+ mins of cardio.

I found this article: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/52220.php that talks about the nearly equal benefits of both kinds of workouts.

I still think that for FAT LOSS (as opposed to just muscle gain) I'd want to do more cardio... But I don't think I'd have to do the Shred and then 90 mins of cardio... I'd more likely do the shred and then 30-40 mins of intervals (if I weren't being lazy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceUponADrive View Post
I'm curious how many of you still do other forms of exercise in addition to the videos? Even though I feel like I get a super good workout, I almost feel guilty that it's so short, like I'm not spending enough time on exercise. Sometimes I'll do the shred and the cardio one right afterwards. Or I'll cool down for a bit then do something else. Do you think that 20 minutes of this intense, non-stop exercise does really benefit you as much as an hour of slower, less intense exercise?
Old 06-25-2008, 04:28 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 224/221/160

Height: 5' 7"

I am planning on doing Shred three days a week and I started c25K and will be doign that the other three days. one day off!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 04:59 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 185

Height: 5'4''

Thanks
Old 06-25-2008, 07:43 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 146.5/144/125

Height: 5'3"

Between Shred and South Beach, I've lost 3" overall since 6/16th.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:02 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 153/148/140

Height: 5'7

Day 10 finished!!
I'm looking forward to do something new tomorrow
Old 06-26-2008, 05:33 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 185

Height: 5'4''

Red face hmmmmm

Did i read something about jumping around for this workout? Could be dicey as i live in an old hollow not sound-proof house and i'd be doing this at about 5 in the morning. How much jumping is there..... i know it seems silly to be asking, but........

Old 06-26-2008, 10:17 AM   #70  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

There IS a lot of jumping around lol -- jumping jacks, jump rope moves, "butt-kicks" etc. most of the cardio moves require jumping. I also live in an old house (though on the bottom floor, so there's no risk of me crashing through a ceiling lol), and all my stuff rattles when i do the DVD. Try to... land gracefully...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraNS View Post
Did i read something about jumping around for this workout? Could be dicey as i live in an old hollow not sound-proof house and i'd be doing this at about 5 in the morning. How much jumping is there..... i know it seems silly to be asking, but........

Old 06-26-2008, 11:23 AM   #71  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

I also usually do another form of cardio either before or after doing the Shred. I have been doing the shred 4-5 times a week, and I think 1 day each week I just did the Shred and no other exercise because I was busy those nights, but generally I don't feel that the 25 minutes is enough exercise. Don't get me wrong, I think the 25 minutes is HARD and extremely useful as far as burning calories and fat, but I think I'm so programmed to doing between 45-70 minutes of exercise that just the 25 minutes doesn't feel enough. I will say that I sweat more and breathe harder doing the 25 minutes of Shred than I do of any other cardio I do for one hour.

I have done level 2 for 2 days in a row now, and my shoulders are feeling the pain. I might take a break tonight and go for a bike ride and pick it up again Friday and through the weekend.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:41 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Here goes: I am ready to get back on track. I was never really off track; just brisk walking and softball. I did Shred for the first time in two weeks. I feel good. I can wait until I am smokin' hot in my Donna Rico dress for my cousin's wedding! It's a size 8 and I think I gave my baby's daddy a blister making him zip me up in it a couple weeks ago. Now I can zip it up all on my own! I have until July 5 to tone up. That means every day!

By the way, if I may ask, and maybe this deserves it's own thread, but what weight were you ladies and what height when you fit into a size 10? I am really a size 10, 5'6", and 158 pounds (ignore my counter, I got excited when one day, one morning, it read 156). That size 8 is this great stretchy material.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:29 AM   #73  

Thumbs up Just completed Day 4-Level 1

Hey everyone I am new to the site, but I have been lurking for a month or so. I came across this tread and you all motivated me to stop messing around and try to lose my last 10-11 lbs (I lost 108 over four years, so I am a slow loser, but I had a baby in between so that's my excuse).
I am mad though because since starting I gained 2lbs! I am not new to exercise or anything so I don't know what is going on. I'll keep plugging away though, hopefully I can beat this fat into submission. Anyways, anyone get any good results so far? I figure I'll take a day off in between levels, unless that is too much stress on my body?
I figure 20 minutes of intense exercise is better than half-assing it for 45 minutes, so I don't force myself to do extra exercise, but if I want to (I genuinely love doing Total Body Sculpt with Gilad) I'll do it because I like it and want to do it as a bonus.
Keep on keepin' on everyone!
Old 06-28-2008, 11:31 AM   #74  

Oh, when I was a size 10 I weighed in the 160's, but I am shorter than you (5'3"). I bet you look great!
Old 06-28-2008, 12:41 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 224/173/148

Height: 5'7"

I started the 30 day shred Saturday (June 21), I've done it a total of 3 times this week. I've been at a plato for a few months now and decided I needed to change things up to start loosing weight again. So this starts my 2nd week of my new schedule:

Monday - 60 minutes on elliptical, 40 minutes using total gym.

Tuesday - 30 minutes 30 Day Shred.

Wednesday - 60 minutes on elliptical, 40 minutes using total gym.

Thursday - 30 minutes 30 Day Shred.

Friday - 60 minutes on elliptical.

Saturday - 40 minutes on total gym, 30 minutes on elliptical, 30 minutes 30 Day Shred.

Sunday - Day off, but I do 2-3 hours of yard work.

I will be weighing in on Sundays to see what progess, if any I've made. I need to start messuring as well.

-Samantha

Last edited by Samybear; 06-28-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Closed Thread