Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 04:13 PM   #511  
is covered in paint

Height: 5'7

hey everyone!

can i join in too? i'm currently on Level 1 Day 10, but i just found this forum this morning!

so far i've seen 0.5 to 1 inch drop in *each* of my hips, waist, and bust. not bad eh? the only thing is, i'm not losing motivation - just feeling like i have such a long way to go. to be honest, that is totally ridiculous, and i can do it - im just having a bit of an off day.

i have a question for all of you... normally, i take measurements every sunday morning. today, i forgot and didnt measure until just a few minutes ago - only to find that they had increased! waist i can understand, because i've eaten, drank water, etc. but my hips and bust? is that normal?

i'm going to remeasure tomorrow morning and just panick until then!
Old 05-18-2009, 10:54 AM   #512  

Quote:
Originally Posted by avie View Post
hey everyone!

can i join in too? i'm currently on Level 1 Day 10, but i just found this forum this morning!

so far i've seen 0.5 to 1 inch drop in *each* of my hips, waist, and bust. not bad eh? the only thing is, i'm not losing motivation - just feeling like i have such a long way to go. to be honest, that is totally ridiculous, and i can do it - im just having a bit of an off day.

i have a question for all of you... normally, i take measurements every sunday morning. today, i forgot and didnt measure until just a few minutes ago - only to find that they had increased! waist i can understand, because i've eaten, drank water, etc. but my hips and bust? is that normal?

i'm going to remeasure tomorrow morning and just panick until then!
avie did you loose that just doing the shred or did you do any other dvd's/workouts? Just wondering Im still kinda new to this
Old 05-18-2009, 11:25 AM   #513  
is covered in paint

just doing the shred. i have a pretty consuming job so pretty minimal time available during the week. on the weekends, i'm pretty active - will couple it with a 5k walk, but it's typically at a more moderate pace than a full on workout.

i am thinking about upping my weekends to get a full weekend + the 30DS in there, but i'm thinking, let it take 3, 4, 5, 6 months to come off instead of just 2, and let me do something that i can keep up with in a sustainable way. so im just getting my 30DS in (2 days on, 1 day rest) and whatever else i do is gravy!
Old 05-18-2009, 02:01 PM   #514  

S/C/G: 173/171/150

Height: 5'6"

I just completed day 1 of level 2!
I was really challenged with the cardio and the last strength exercise, but besides that I thought it was overall easier than level 1. Maybe my pilates/yoga is coming in handy with the level 2 moves!

I'm going to start doing yoga after work to help with my muscle tightness. I've always been really flexible, but 30DS really seems to tighten me up!

So all together I'm rotating between pilates abs/lower body before 30DS and will be doing yoga for flexibility in the evenings.

I haven't been losing weight, and I am eating fairly well and watching my calorie intake, so hopefully this will help!
Old 05-18-2009, 02:58 PM   #515  
is covered in paint

hey there! i just finished Day 1 Level 2 as well - YOOOOOOWZERS! i can't believe you think it's easier than level 1, festivus -- it totally spanked my butt. however, i'm sure by day 3, it'll be way easier.

i'm thinking about throwing in some winsor pilates dvds on days when i have a bit more time to help build my muscles as well...and i'm kind of scared (im sure this is totally unfounded) that the 30 day shred will bulk my muscles up vs give that long, lean look. ive just never really done high intensity workouts before...i did winsor pilates religiously a few years ago and really saw results.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:43 PM   #516  

S/C/G: 173/171/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by avie View Post

i'm thinking about throwing in some winsor pilates dvds on days when i have a bit more time to help build my muscles as well...and i'm kind of scared (im sure this is totally unfounded) that the 30 day shred will bulk my muscles up vs give that long, lean look. ive just never really done high intensity workouts before...i did winsor pilates religiously a few years ago and really saw results.
Hi Avie!

I switch between a winsor pilates lower body dvd and an Ana Caban pilates abs dvd as a pre-workout to 30DS. I think of it as my insurance policy because I know those work! As for being worried about bulking up, I think it depends a lot on your own body. Most people will tell you that it is nearly impossible for women to bulk up without actually trying to. But personally, I have always "bulked up" faster than most women. To be in honest though, I am liking it because the more muscle I have, the faster I'll burn fat! So in the meantime, I'm not losing inches very fast, but I am A LOT firmer, and look a lot better as well.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:13 PM   #517  
is covered in paint

hey, that works for me!!!!

how is the ana caban pilates dvd? i've never heard of it...i'm going to check out youtube and see if there are any clips.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:33 PM   #518  

S/C/G: 180/143/125

Height: 5'3"

I am totally new here but I had to announce that I actually completed Level 1 on 30 day shred after a week of trying..LOL last week I could only endure 20 minutes So Yea!!! I am so excited!!
Putting myself on Day 1...
Old 05-18-2009, 06:09 PM   #519  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Thread continues here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172013
Closed Thread