Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 07:03 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Thanks for all the good wishes--it will be COLD tomorrow but we are still planning to go for it!

Went out with the girls from the office today (mexican food!) but I ordered the lunch size chicken fajitas with corn tortillas and no refried beans so it wasn't too bad. Plus I brought in peanut butter cookies I made last night and I did not eat a single one...and there were none leftover to tempt me either.

2frus I am very impressed with your kickboxing. I am way too uncoordinated for that. Gotta get in some pilates now though so check in with y'all later.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:18 AM   #62  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Just a kwik-post before kickboxing (again - it's 7am )

I'M NORMAL!!! I weigh 163.5

Old 02-11-2006, 05:40 AM   #63  

Wooohooo doesn't it feel great to be "normal"?? Congrats!!
Old 02-11-2006, 05:46 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Normal ... hmm ... I kinda think you're extraordinary! Both of you.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:48 AM   #65  

Aww thanks. You're not so bad yourself Susan! P.S. this is wayy too early for a Saturday. I have a race to prepare for, what's your excuse?
Old 02-11-2006, 06:00 AM   #66  

I have to go to work. I had a uniform that is a t-shirt tucked in straight pants hanging on the front of my rack. Last night, I was gonna wear it today for sure. .... I can't do it. I didn't even try it on. I have on a short fitted top but it doesn't tuck in.
Argh .... my messed up head.
Go Lizzy ... run like the wind! I wanna hear an empowered report later.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:54 AM   #67  

Wow! I guess you have to get up pretty early to catch up with you lot. Is that the secret of your success? If it is, I'm in big trouble!

I have 25 days left until I leave for St. Croix. That's 25 opportunities to eat healthy, get a lot of exercise and sleep well. I am shooting for 4 pounds lost over the next 25 days. I think I'm up for the challenge!

Hope you all have a terrific Saturday! Can't wait to hear about the race, Liz!
Old 02-11-2006, 02:26 PM   #68  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Aww shucks Miss 127

Let us know how you do Lizz.

Veerie - perhaps that's it, early mornings are the secret to weight loss! We'll write the book and make millions! I was in bed at 8pm last night though... I was just bored and too tired to do any working out so I took myself to bed after a nice bubble bath and a book! I'm so sad - so bored if I can't work out

Lucky, ah it's not bad being tall at all at all! You shortstuffs can always wear heels
Old 02-11-2006, 02:46 PM   #69  

That is correct! And it's much easier to shorten pants than it is to make them longer!

Goils! I am soooo weary now! Phew, time for a nap methinks!
Old 02-11-2006, 04:11 PM   #70  

I never had to worry about pants being too short--my height is all in my torso!

Race update: well it was kind of how I expected..cold and very WINDY! The first half was all face to the wind which I am not used to so it slowed me down a bit but the second half was easier. Came in at 26:00 (not a great time for me) but because of all the college girls that jumped in front of me right at the end I came in 4th for my age group and didn't get a medal. Boo! My friend had a hard time with the wind so when I finished I headed back and ran the rest of the way with her too.

Now my boyfriend has the apartment in a shambles trying to set up for his new projector that comes in monday so I am just cleaning and getting things rearranged.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:58 AM   #71  

Congratulations, Liz!! That is fantastic. So you were running 8:22 minute miles, right? Even without wind, that is very impressive time! Yay for you!
Old 02-12-2006, 07:45 PM   #72  

It sure is quiet around here! Hope that means everyone is having a fun weekend.

I had a great day of eating and exercise yesterday and had been looking forward to an evening of sitting on the couch watching movies. Then my BF invited a friend from school over. She's tall, thin, perfectly dressed -- everything that I am not. I hate myself for saying this, but I instantly disliked her. I wish I could get over this comparing myself to others thing -- it seems very juvenile and petty. Still, I felt disheartened. Am I the only one who does this?
Old 02-12-2006, 09:39 PM   #73  

Nope Verrie, not alone at all. A few us shorties decided today that one of the nurses in our ER would have to be 'put down'. She just makes the rest of us look chubby.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:39 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 268(2003) 186/182/146

Height: 5'5"

Wow, you ladies were active this weekend. My dh is home on the weekends so I don't get a lot of computer time.

Congrats lizz!! Nothing wrong with being 4th.

Yay for normal people!!! Congrats 2 frus!!

I went shopping yesterday, minus my kids, so I was able to try on some clothes in peace. Much to my surprise I was able to fit into a size S skirt!! It's one of those cute long denim ones with the big slit and it looked good!! I should have bought it but I couldn't justify spending 55 on it. My dh would NOT have been happy with me. Still it put me in a great mood for the rest of the day.

Feeling very strong and ready to take on the world today. Lets hope this energy continues.

Gaylyn
Old 02-13-2006, 12:31 PM   #75  

This is a copy and paste of my post on another thread, that's how lazy I feel today ......
A new week ... hmmm. I'm a bit messed around. I just finished my 3rd of 4 weekends in a row (one more to go starting Thurs). Four or five shifts over the weekend, ya know. Everybody does the TGIF thing and was grouchy this morning because it was Monday. I feel like I live in the twilight zone.
I also feel like I need an abrupt halt, regather and restart. I just feel messed up!
I'm going to clean up my kitchen, get fabulous food out for supper and go have a nap. Then when I get up, I'm going to pretend it's a new day and go good.
Did you all read Ilene's post called something like are you lifting heavy enough? I think between that and my uber-supper ... I'll be off to the races!

Oh Gaylyn ... I wish your energy was transmittable. I'll just read your post over and over a few times
Closed Thread