Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 09:56 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I was just thinking something the same Lucy ... I mean Tricia I wouldn't mind one bit if we arrived at 120 in any order! When we both arrive at 120 in any order.
Runners make me mildly envious too. It just looks so ... accomplished ... as if that person really knows what they are doing fitness-wise.
Liz? is this a race or charity run? something like that?
Old 02-09-2006, 09:58 AM   #47  

Ooops missed Jenfrus. We were posting at the same time. I also forgot to tell Tricia that I'd have to think about what 127 feels like. Now I'll tell ya both ... let me think on that and a couple loads of laundry and I'll get back to you.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:25 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 268(2003) 186/182/146

Height: 5'5"

Wow you ladies are active this morning! I have to admit it........I'm a scale addict also. I was also down a pound this morning to 153!! AND my hip meausrement hit 39.75!! One of my goals has been to have a hip measurement in the 30's. When I started my hips were 53".

2frus~~ I'm with you on the normal thing. I just got there 1 lb ago. Good for you on your losses!

Susan~~ Is it snowing there? We had a freak snow storm last night. I came out of the grocery store and everything was covered. It's supposed to be +14 tomorrow though. Gotta love those chinooks!

Tricia~~ YAY for breaking the 140 mark!

lizz~~ Glad your friend is joining you for your run! And congrats on the pound lost.

Morning Veerie! Have a great day ladies!!

Gaylyn
Old 02-09-2006, 11:18 AM   #49  

Warning! Teary eyed blathering inside!

How does it feel to be 127? Well, for one brief shining moment in Jan'05 I was 119 so it kinda feels a bit like "what the heck happened?" but good.
I can cross my legs right round and tuck my food under my calf again, comfortably.
My boobs get places before my belly.
My shoulders ARE actually a little wider than the rest of me.
The roll I can grab just above my belly button is about the fullness of a new tube of toothpaste.
My bra band is loosish and I should get new ones. Did I mention that I now can buy them at WalMart or any old where. Hoo Rah!
This site http://www.halls.md/chart/height-weight.htm is waaaay more fun.
I feel a sense of accomplishment and I'm not sure if that would be so pronounced if I didn't have you guys assuring me that what I'm doing is an ambitious undertaking. Alone, we mire ourselves in our doubts and misgivings. We are constantly aware of mistakes, backslides, treacherous thoughts. As a group, we tell each other (and hence ourselves) that it is hard work, it's a good job, it's so worth it, despite our misgivings we are headed in the right direction.
I'm glad you asked me this. I'm not sure I would have appreciated 127 quite so much if I hadn't stopped to think about it like this.
Thanks gals! What an awesome group!
Old 02-09-2006, 11:22 AM   #50  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

HOOORAY
Old 02-09-2006, 01:15 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Wow this is quite an exciting morning isn't it? Lots of posting! I am just home quick on lunchbreak then headed out but wanted to respond a bit.

2frus, my best 5-k time is 24:20 I believe. The last race I did was 5-miles and I don't remember the time and the 5-k before that was hilly so it wasn't a PR. We will see how this weekend turns out.

I never used to be a runner but I've realized how much better my body responds to running than anything else. I always say I could walk for hours on end and not notice a difference but have me run a couple times a week and it really shows!

Susan, the race is just for fun but I have done charity races before. My friend and I like the free t-shirts and free food (healthy of course!)

Tonight we are going to another friend's apartment and I am bringing a lightened apple crisp for dessert but thankfully all the guys that come have big appetites so I won't have to bring leftovers home.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:27 PM   #52  

Gosh, Susan, you've made me even more anxious to get there!

The I asked the question was because the couple of months that I spent at 134 I felt physically light for the first time ever. I've weighed much less than that but I had never been obese before so I didn't really think about how it felt to carry that little weight. I experienced much of what you described as well, but what really struck me was that I actually felt small. It only took about 5 extra pounds before that feeling went away. To some extent that is "head stuff" because my original goal weight was 135. Being one pound lighter than that I know had a mental/emotional impact. But, mostly, my body really did feel different. I didn't hold in my stomach, or think too much about how my clothes looked - I just assumed they looked fine, and I felt less clumsy. Things like that. Anyway, I was thinking if that is what 15 pounds from my ultimate goal felt like I can't even begin to imagine what 7 pounds from goal (or GOAL for that matter!) must physically feel like. I appreciate you giving me a sneak peak!
Old 02-09-2006, 01:34 PM   #53  

Need a boost 'almost there's'? Go here http://www.halls.md/body-mass-index/av.htm I am lighter than 85% of women my age and height! How feather light and dainty does that make me feel!
Old 02-10-2006, 04:03 AM   #54  
aka Superwoman!

Wow Lizz, great time for your 5K Gives me something to aim for

Lucky and Susan I like your head stuff! I think I said earlier that even though I've dropped nearly 3lbs this week (officially 2 3/4 as of this morning) I still don't *feel* different, my tight trousers are still tight and I can't see where it's gone from! But I know that the heaviness feeling is in my head, and some days, when DF picks me up or cuddles me like I'm the tiniest thing, I feel small at last! I won't ever be tiny at 5'8" but it would be nice not to feel like Amazon Woman sometimes!

Had a brutal circuits class last night, felt quite faint at the end, but that might've been the fact that I was quite dehydrated! Then they made me spend 40 minutes doing nothing but back kicks. I hate them. blah.

Didn't quite hit the floor with my splits, but they're still getting there! I will have the instructor stretch me further in my private lesson on Saturday. Oh god that's tomorrow!

Well I'm scheduled for leg weights tonight - I am really going to have to concentrate on form since I think my knees don't do what they should. Oh and DF is out, so that means I can go to bed at a ridiculously early time and get up early for my kickboxing lesson. Excellent....

Oooh I just tried that calculator.... I'm 59th %ile - 41% of my age group are heavier than me! Ha hahahahahahahaha!
Old 02-10-2006, 06:25 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

2frus, I am with you on the "tall and not tiny" thing--it seems like all my friends are short so no matter how much weight I lose I still tower over them. Oh well gotta work with what you've got right?
Old 02-10-2006, 08:40 AM   #56  
aka Superwoman!

Indeedy! It would be nice to be tall and willowy rather than tall and "statuesque" I have a lot of oriental friends who I tower over, however my bridesmaids are my height! Good plan no?
Old 02-10-2006, 08:40 AM   #57  

Good morning everyone! I just wanted to pop in quick and say what a terrific, inspirational group this is! What a motivated group of powerhouse women -- I'm truly impressed!

SusanB, you're my hero. Thanks for posting the bmi calculator site. What a lovely little ego boost on a Friday morning!

2Frus, what are back kicks? I still cannot believe you can do splits. That's incredible.

Good morning Tricia and Gaylyn!

Good luck with the run, Liz. I'm sure you will be a total track star!

It is coooold here today (glad I got that wood stacked all by myself SusanB!) I am off to work and then will be heading to the gym on my lunch hour. Hope everyone has a terrific Friday!
Old 02-10-2006, 09:19 AM   #58  
aka Superwoman!

Oh back kicks are my worst nightmare basically you stand in your left fighting stance, do a half turn (to face the back) then *thrust* your leg backwards to the front, bring the leg back by bending the knee and turn towards the front. I have a wierd thing going on with my hips and my balance and they are just generally I was doing fairly good ones on one leg last night and the other leg was just appalling! I don't think it helped that I was feeling slightly faint and dehydrated! Anyway so I got quite narked by the end of it all and my instructor was holding a pad for me to kick and I was really trying to put him through the wall! I was soooooo annoyed!

The most annoying this is I don't think they're going to let me go for my next belt until I can do back kicks *sigh* never mind!

Anyway enough kickboxing for today - it's my day off! I've bought myself a nice wedding magazine to wallow in the bath with when I get home and I've done my weights. And I've treated myself to a choccy bar which was delish
Old 02-10-2006, 10:39 AM   #59  

Okay, 2frus and Lizzbabe, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, complain about being to0 tall. Take it from a gal who is only 5 foot 2 - there are a lot of things worse than being 5'8. Oh, I don't know, LIKE BEING 5'2!

2frus, I love hearing about your kickboxing because my son takes Tae Kwon Do. They aren't the same thing, of course, but lots of similar moves. He's only 7 and I am AMAZED at the things he can do with that little body of his. They have a move that sounds almost identical to your back kicks and that class of kids does them laughing the whole time and barely breaking a sweat! And they'll do these moves over and over until they get it right without ever showing the first sign of frustration! I think of them when I've got a nasty attitude about going to the gym - it will all be FUN if I just don't think of it as WORK!

I've got a big, long workout planned for this afternoon. I've missed exercising the last couple of days. Well, "official" exercise anyway. I cleaned house and did laundry so I've been up and down the stairs almost constantly (that is on purpose, by the way - I always make sure I have to take several trips back and forth). I had planned on going to my favorite step class and doing weights last night but DH got stuck at work and I ended up having to take my son to his belt test instead. We usually take turns attending the tests and award ceremonies so that the other two kids don't have to sit through it all and it was his turn to go. I just hate it when someone messes with my plans. But, that is okay, I'll work extra hard today.

My eating is right on track and I feel like I'm really back into the swing of things. Funny, even after a year of working to lose weight I still find myself surprised that I'm actually doing it!

Hope everyone has an awesome day and a great weekend! Good luck on your run Lizzbabe!
Old 02-10-2006, 11:28 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 268(2003) 186/182/146

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Ladies!

I must say my height is one thing that I've never complained about. Probably the ONLY thing. lol I'm 5'6" by the way.

So far so good today. Yesterday was a real mental struggle( I tell ya, I'm my own worst enemy) but I managed to stay on track, so yay for me.

Hope you ladies have a great weekend. My dh and I have our Valentine's night all planned out for Saturday because he won't be here on the 14th. Good luck on your run lizz!

Gaylyn
Closed Thread