Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 09:14 AM   #676  

Congratulations on your achievements Jen! You look amazing even if you are dissatisfied with your numbers. 20 or 23% body fat still kicks A$$
Old 06-09-2006, 09:49 AM   #677  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Thank you very much! I have a lot to be proud of, and I think that's part of what's stopping me going further! Oh complacency! Don't get me started!

Seriously though, I'm feeling quite good about myself - pretty positive that I can stay with the healthy eating over the weekend and to heck with the scales for the time being! I'm sure it'll sort out!
Old 06-09-2006, 03:35 PM   #678  

Well, my job hunt has gotten complicated. My husband works for the company that I was employeed by before I decided to stay at home. I was there for 11 years. I held a really high work ethic and left with a lot of respect from my employees and counterparts in other departments. I am still very proud of my accomplishments there. Anyway, a friend of my there ran into DH yesterday and she asked how I was doing. He mentioned in passing that I was planning on going back to work and had started interviewing. He told her that I wasn't looking to be on a career fast track again, just something adminstrative or support to get my feet wet again and have a little extra income. Well, she emailed me yesterday to say that she was thrilled I was looking for an administrative position because she is hiring and assitant right now and she wants me to take the job. On one hand, it is the exact opposite of the type of job I've planned to take. It is regular and full-time and I was looking for temporary and part-time. I liked the idea of being assigned temporary jobs that I could turn down if need be and working part-time hours so that I had plenty of time to focus on our family. However, this job does have a certain amount of flexibilty built in. Like I said, they know my work ethic and what I can do. With my experience there is no question that they will be getting more than they pay for and if I want to take off to volunteer in one of the kids' classrooms they know it isn't going to impact my work being done. The money will be much better than temping and they are trying to make allowences so that I can leave in time to beat the kids home. In fact, they want me bad enough that a couple of other people have volunteered to pick up the slack in the afternoons so that I could leave at 2. So, I wouldn't have to worry about after school care or our afternoon routines - none of that would change for me. Summer would be different though. I would have to enroll the kids in some sort of summer camp. Plus, if for some reason this didn't work out for me it would be harder for me to quit - another thing that appealed to me about working with a temporary firm. Anyway, I'm not necessarily looking advice just talking out loud to make a case in my mind. I suppose if I have to have a job related problem this is the kind to have. I could need work and not be able to find it.

And probably the biggest issue? Working full time is a big part of what got me fat to begin with. Continuing to eat whatever I wanted but losing the active lifestyle I had in college lead me to 215 pounds. I know I'd be accepting this job with armed with a lot more "health" experience but it is still a concern. Even when I don't work out now I'm still generally active and that helps quite a bit on the weight front. A desk job would make it much harder to maintain this weight much less lose more. Of course, it won't be impossible. I would just have to evaluate the situation and make adjustments accordingly. Right?

Susan, good luck with plan B. Just remember that to take care of everyone else you have to take care of yourself first. Continue to make your health a priority and this situation will be much easier to tackle.

2frus, you didn't have to tell us you were the one with hair. We would have known it was you by that great big GRIN! Congratulations!

Daisie, a loss is a loss especially at this stage of the game. Don't discount even an ounce as it all adds up! You are doing great. A real inspiration for the rest of us.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:35 AM   #679  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Thanks Lucky! I am eternally grateful that I have something else to think about lots of times!

I worked full-time for a couple of years in the middle of this battle (seven nights in a row every 3 weeks) and didn't make much useful headway. I was 119 lbs for a brief shining moment one day but now when I look at the pictures, I see unhealthy thin and tired.

On the other hand maybe this gives you a chance to make yourself a new routine.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:29 AM   #680  

I think you are right about a new routine. One thing I've noticed that holds me back lately is a lack of a routine. I mean, it is summer, the kids are out of school and when the alarm goes off it is easy to talk myself into staying in bed rather than hitting the gym. I'll think to myself, "We don't have anything to do today I'll go later." Then, of course, life happens and my head hits the pillow without my having officially worked out. If nothing else, having a job forces me to workout first thing in the morning because I know for sure that there won't be a chance to squeeze it in any other time during the day.

Another good thing about this job hunt is that I've become motivated (AGAIN!) to eat right and exercise. By golly, if I'm going to have to go an buy new work clothes I want to be able to walk into a store and feel really good about my choices. I'm okay with how things are right now but, if I take this job, I'll be meeting with people that I haven't seen in 4 years. And I want to DAZZLE them! The compliments have pretty much stopped from the people I see every day now. They are used to me being thinner. So, I have a chance to get a real ego boost the first time I visit the office and I intend to take advantage of it. Of course, I was 214 pounds the last time I saw them so even at this size they are going to be stunned. But I know I've been thinner and in better shape and I want to walk in knowing that I am at my peak. Man, when did I become so vain? LOL.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:43 AM   #681  

You're vain, I'm vain ... we're all vain. We're all human.
I sidestep the vanity issue by trying to think that I'm proud of my accomplishments, but it feels good to have folks admire your new bod!

Seriously now ... according to statistics, you have done something that 95% of weight losers have not. That is an accomplishment and something to be proud of.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:41 PM   #682  
Working at it

S/C/G: 180/tracker/115

Hi all,

I´d like to get in on this, if that´s okay...Of course I only have a week until I leave the country for two months (going to visit the in-laws), but I might offer some encouragment for the next few days...

--Katherine
Old 06-10-2006, 03:20 PM   #683  

Hi Katherine! We'll want to hear how your trip went too.
Tell us about your weight loss so far.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:40 AM   #684  
Working at it

My weight loss is pretty uninteresting, I think.............I just try to control portions and eat as little junk as possible...and I get some exercise on the side. I´ve been breastfeeding for 10 months now...and I think that helps a lot, too, hehe. Three days before I had my daughter, I weighed 183 lbs. Now I´m down to 135...I´m hoping to go down another 5-10 lbs over the next two months with my husband´s family, but I know it´ll be tough with them telling me to eat constantly and them worrying about whether the food is okay or not, just because I didn´t want to eat it......

--Katherine
Old 06-11-2006, 09:37 AM   #685  

When I'm with my husbands family, I talk like I'm a health nut .... they think I'm nuts and don't bother me much

Morning everyone!
Old 06-11-2006, 12:48 PM   #686  
Working at it

I wish I could do that, but I can barely speak their language..........hopefully I´ll learn how to express myself more eloquently while I´m there......I´m going to learn a lot anyway since my husband won´t join me until the last two weeks of my trip...and nobody there speaks English...

The last time I was there, they kept pushing food on me no matter how often I told them I was full...ugh..

--Katherine
Old 06-12-2006, 04:41 AM   #687  
aka Superwoman!

Hello all!

Welcome, Katherine!

If anyone's been perusing the UK chicks bit, you will see my BUPA Capital 10K picture... We did it yesterday in 30 C heat! It was brilliant! I really really enjoyed myself and got a respectable time, 1hour 22 mins. Well respectable considering I haven't actually done any running since the beginning of May and I've never run over 5K and it WAS so hot...

My legs are holding up quite well... I just need to crawl down to the kitchen for the morning drink and the crawling back upstairs might be a bit of an effort, but apart from that I'm fine!

My trousers feel looser today, but I bet the scales are up! We celebrated with pizza and Ben and Jerry's! Had to be done I'm afraid!!! But to compensate I only had strawberries for dinner! I didn't eat a roast dinner with my family (mum and dad are staying one night to pick up a car), I just drank a diet coke! I'm proud of myself on both fronts! The damage was quite bad with that 12" pepperoni pizza - I dread to think what it would've been like with a full roast dinner too!
Old 06-12-2006, 08:24 AM   #688  

Good work Jenfrus! 10k! Oi!

Well part of my vacation challenge has been taken care of. The friends we stay with just watched "Supersize Me"

Last edited by srmb60; 06-12-2006 at 08:46 AM.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:43 AM   #689  

S/C/G: 268(2003) 186/182/146

Height: 5'5"

Hello All!!

Where or where does the time go?? My dh and I were planning out our weekends and we don't have a free one until the middle of July. Hopefully with life being so busy I can quit stressing out so much about my weight and just enjoy where I am. For the rest of the summer the plan is to stay under 150 and get back to losing the last 10 when life returns to normal in September. I'm feeling quite complacent and content with myself at the moment. I haven't decided yet if that's a good thing or bad thing....

lucky~~Best of luck with your job decision.

Susan~~Isn't that an awful show?? I never like McDonalds to being with....

2frus~~Good for you for completing the 10K!!

Katherine~~Welcome!! Hope you have a great vacation!

Hello to everyone else!!

Gaylyn
Old 06-13-2006, 05:38 AM   #690  
aka Superwoman!

I've just been reading the previous posts to find out when I was actually 162.5, like it says in my profile! It was the beginning of April. Since then I have put on 14lbs What? How? Who? When? Where? Then I read about all the bingey stuff I did and that made sense! Then I know I put on 7lbs in a few days when my parents came down last month, but what I can't understand is how come it's still there? I've been trying my hardest!

I guess I just have to try harder *sigh*

tonight - aiming for the gym at lunch, all on 1600kcals or less
Closed Thread