Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 04:11 AM   #661  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

: It's only money! It'll sort out At least DS is ok (well at least before you got your hands on him eh?)

I had a GREAT NSV yesterday! I am doing those affirmation thingies that Ilene posted about from BFFM - I write them out twice a day in my little note book, and I'm sure they helped with my road-trip yesterday! We had fish and chips for lunch which I was expecting! But I was sooooo full I didn't eat again till 8.30pm! Sometimes fish and chips has me craving chocolate bars, and yes when we stopped at services I thought about it twice, but my way of thinking has changed and I didn't buy anything. Then I met up with DF in central London, we went to a design show and had dinner out on top of fish and chips! However, we got a veggie platter which had quorn sausages (something I'm living on at the moment, they are nice cold for snacks!) garlic bread, mozzarella sticks, fries, onion rings etc. I ate lots of quorn sausage, 1 piece of garlic bread, one mozzarella stick, one onion ring then sat back and let DF finish it! He was trying to get me to eat more since there was food left and he was full. I said to leave it - I think that is progress for both of us, he doesn't like to waste food, and I will eat food if it's in front of me.

Oh and I passed my green belt with a B, which is only one other person got a B, everyone else got Cs and some people didn't pass!

I need squash! I'm just about through my 2L bottle in less than half an hour - dehydrated? Moi?
Old 06-06-2006, 08:57 AM   #662  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

This morning we're off on our first excursion to see if we can put DS's life back together. Hopefully, I'll be back after lunch in a better mood.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:24 PM   #663  

Good Luck Susan. I hope everything works out OK.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:02 AM   #664  

Good Morning Ladies,

Just checking in with my Tuesday night weigh in numbers....

Drumroll please......

I lost a whopping .2 lbs....yes, you read it right...a fifth of a pound!!!! Aren't you all soooo proud of me? Oh well, I guess it's better than gaining

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-07-2006, 10:25 AM   #665  

Cheers for Daisimae! A loss is a loss my slenderizing friend. We almost there's need to appreciate how hard-fought a smidge of a pound is!

We still have no idea on the financial ding we're gonna take here but DS is all set to go to family tomorrow. All work and no (very little) play makes DS the son who cheerfully sends money home to his poor beleaguered Mamma.

I went to work like a good little money hungry employee last evening at 3 and things just picked up steam from there. I got home after 2:30 am! Can you say over-time? And I'll still be over-time when I go back at 3 today. Food stinks, exercise is nada but things are coming along!

Thanks so much for letting me blargh at ya
Old 06-07-2006, 10:28 AM   #666  
aka Superwoman!

My food is ok, my exercise is ok too, but the scales are UP! It's NOT FAIR!
Old 06-07-2006, 04:04 PM   #667  

S/C/G: 268(2003) 186/182/146

Height: 5'5"

Susan~~Sorry to hear about your ds and his accident.

daisi~~It's still a loss!!

We're starting to get back to normal around here. I hate it when my ds is sick. It's like the whole world has to stop until he feels better. Typical male.lol

Gaylyn
Old 06-08-2006, 05:34 AM   #668  
aka Superwoman!

Hello gals! I've got silly toothache! Ooooowie! dentists!

But apart from that, I'm faking it well! Yesterday I did everything I should, I even had air-popped popcorn instead of a creme egg!! I went to the gym and trashed my legs and chest, then I crashed out in front of a film and promptly fell asleep! I'm glad we decided to watch a DVD rather than go to the cinema - it would've been a waste of money if I'd fallen asleep!

My heart's not in it at the moment, but I'm doing ok. I think it was the scale blip that bummed me out, but I'm surviving! I'm even trying to reduce my calories a little bit today, and it just so happens that today has turned out into an uber-high protein day with only 1 slice of wholemeal bread (rather than bread + tortilla + bagel or something equally horrendous!) and everything else is nice and clean! So hopefully the scales will be friendly tomorrow.

I'm still hoping that this 7lbs I've found is water weight, but from the amount of time it's been hanging around, I'd say it was Mr F and his friends. Gah! I'm in denial that I actually have to re-lose this weight - I keep expecting to wake up tomorrow morning and BAM I'll be back at 162 or whatever I was. Ain't gonna happen frus! Reality check number 1! Well, never mind, it has to be done - and I'm hoping that it isn't ALL fat that I gained, I'm hoping there's some muscle under there too
Old 06-08-2006, 08:39 AM   #669  

DH and DS are off to the airport! That means that I am at home all day with no money, no credit card and DS#2 and I CAN share the old car (if we could afford to go anywhere)
But I'm pretty content with that. I've got my good breakfast on the go and intend to eat well all day, two sets of cardio, a long overdue chest and triceps and a nap
A rejuvenation day, so to speak!

I have nothing brilliant to say ... my poor brains are weary.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:25 PM   #670  

Susan, things are going to work out. Just try and hold yourself (and everyone else) together. Isn't that what we moms do best? LOL.

Well, ladies, I just went on my first interview in 4 years. Well, psuedo interview with a staffing firm. I'm not quite ready to make the plunge into all out, full time employment just yet. The interview went great. In fact she's already sending me to 3 companies to interview for their job openings. But, there is a rub. Now, I worked when my kids were born. Had a great job with great pay, and the kids went to daycare and I didn't have a problem with that...it was just how it was. I had a lot of flexibility in my work schedule because I'd been there so long, etc. I'd never been home with the kids but had plenty of time with them and just never gave child care a second thought. Now is different. I HAVE been home with the kids this time around...and I know what I'll miss if I end up having to put them in daycare again. I hate the thought of it. Not for them so much because they are all at ages that they enjoy being with groups of other kids and they will all be in school anyway so we are talking only a couple of hours in the afternoon. Me, though, that is a different story. It just kills me to think of working instead of being with them. I don't have to work financially but I am ready to get back to something that is all mine and now is the perfect time since they will be in school. I'm so torn about it all. Hopefully, I'll find something part-time or something with flexible hours so that I can have the best of both worlds. Cross your fingers that it all works out!

I've been on again, off again in terms of food and exercise. Nothing bad, and I do think I'm losing but I am not giving 100% all of the time like I was a week or so ago. I swear I'm considering whether or not this is just my "place". Maybe this weight range is the balance between effort and satisfaction. I'm going to have to put some more thought into it.

2frus, hope your tooth is feeling better!
Old 06-09-2006, 04:24 AM   #671  
aka Superwoman!

Thanks lucky, it's pretty now, I think something just set it off yesterday!

I did box splits! I did box splits!

I feel SOOOOOOOOOO good after last night's kickboxing, it was GREAT! WOO HOO! I have missed it - I think I must remember that next time I'm tempted to miss a class!

Food has been good, this morning I have treated myself to a 16oz punnet of strawberries! I ate them all

Susan, hope everything's sorting out for you, and lucky, hope you find something that suits. As for daisi - well, I'm flabbergasted, that's AMAZING 0.2lbs! You must be so thrilled! (I'm only slightly kidding )

My scales are still being but never mind - 2 people have said that I look like I've lost weight recently, so WTF is up with that??? I must've put on 10lbs of solid muscle is all I can think!
Old 06-09-2006, 08:23 AM   #672  
aka Superwoman!

Me and my trophy http://uk.geocities.com/shentiekickboxing/grade.html I'm the one with hair!
Old 06-09-2006, 08:23 AM   #673  

I'm not sure what a punnet is but I ate waaaay to much rolo ice cream yesterday!
Things are not working out with DS. We're on to plan B.
I did fairly well with my little health plan yesterday but I should have made sure I ate more regularly throughout the day. By 7ish I was starving and just scarfing a few things I found!
Lucky, I worked part-time all the time I had small kids (still do) I and they think we did good. I was home most of the time with them and I made some money. We've never been rich but they feel that they had a good attentive upbringing.
JenFrus, I keep thinking about your body fat %. 20 is quite, quite good. I'm not sure how that thought pertains to your current feeling of struggle but ... it is good.
Today I'm going to have another shot at double cardio and weights ... legs I think.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:24 AM   #674  

Ah Jen! How cute are you, smilie!
Old 06-09-2006, 08:28 AM   #675  
aka Superwoman!

Probably just a box that strawberries come in methinks - I haven't heard it describe anything else!

I think 20% is whack - I think it's more like 23, because I was squeezing too hard! I might get it done professionally once, just to see. But yes 20% isn't bad, but I know I feel flabby, so perhaps I'd like to be a little more cut and a little less flabby. I think it doesn't matter what the calipers or scales say, it comes down to how you feel, how easily you move, what the mirror and/or camera shows us. I think it's nice to have some figures so you can see progress, but I KNOW I'm not where I want to be, and I don't really need callipers or a scale to show me that!
Closed Thread