Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #31  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
Report: That went well. I am sore and starving, ravenously hungry.
awesome! I was super hungry after my first lifting too, not so much the second time because I planned my meal better. My 3rd day is tomorrow, though I dread the watertight next day. lol
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:18 PM   #32  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

How bad was your waterweight gain? I'm the same as yesterday.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:52 PM   #33  
say what?

Only about 0.4lbs I think - but I was/am stuck while I should be dropping some more so I don't know if there's more waterweight hidden in there because of strength.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 195/135/135

Height: 5'6

I encourage everyone I know who asks how I lost the weight and got into such great shape to give heavy lifting a try. So many women just focus on eating and cardio, which is great, but heavy lifting is what took my body to a whole other level. I still have people asking me if I'm losing weight all the time and I haven't lost since Dec. It's all losing fat/gaining muscle at this point. It didn't take me that long to see results. Before I got into heavy lifting, I did Insanity, so I was already doing a lot of push ups and really liked the way it made my arms and back look. Then I moved on to Chalean Extreme and noticed a difference within the first month. I was already at or very close to my goal weight then, so it was easy to see small changes. I'm doing The New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women now.
RaisingThemLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Hey ladies!! I took a week off because I've had final exams and I just didn't have enough time and somehow I lost 2lbs! I don't really know what that means.. congrats krampus and philana on starting weight lifting, I love it.
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:42 AM   #36  
say what?

Lisa: Haha, I lose weigth when I don't exercise for a few days too it seems

Just did my 3rd time. I notice I just really have to force myself to go do it because it is so boring. How do you make it fun? I mean when I do cardio I have my music on and am kickin' it. With the strength you are kinda static in your movements, you don't get super sweaty and you have to really pay attention. It feels like a hassle. I will keep up, but it would be easier if I could somehow make it more fun!

I'm drinking a protein-shake right now. Because it is good they say. Any one with opinions on that?
Old 04-06-2012, 08:13 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 138/132.8/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTcan View Post
Hey ladies!! I took a week off because I've had final exams and I just didn't have enough time and somehow I lost 2lbs! I don't really know what that means.. congrats krampus and philana on starting weight lifting, I love it.
I would think that you had water weight in your muscles from the training, I'm sure it wasn't muscle mass lost! If anything the water weight was just hiding two lbs of fat loss from a few weeks ago!
LovelyAndLosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:17 AM   #38  
Fitter, Happier, Awesomer

S/C/G: 168/maintaining 115-120

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by philana View Post
I notice I just really have to force myself to go do it because it is so boring. How do you make it fun? I mean when I do cardio I have my music on and am kickin' it. With the strength you are kinda static in your movements, you don't get super sweaty and you have to really pay attention. It feels like a hassle. I will keep up, but it would be easier if I could somehow make it more fun!
I do my strength training with music on as well, which helps, and between sets I generally stand around and think about what a badass I am, haha. Strength training did become more fun for me over time, as I started lifting more (and thus feeling more like a badass ). Focusing on how much I've improved also makes things fun for me.

Last edited by sumire; 04-06-2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: (make quote clearer)
sumire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #39  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumire View Post
I do my strength training with music on as well, which helps, and between sets I generally stand around and think about what a badass I am, haha. Strength training did become more fun for me over time, as I started lifting more (and thus feeling more like a badass ). Focusing on how much I've improved also makes things fun for me.
This is the best ever. I would love to be as badass as you, you're one of my 3FC fitness idols!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #40  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumire View Post
Hahahaha, LOVE this!!!!!! From now on, I too, will think about what a badass I am between sets.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #41  
Fitter, Happier, Awesomer

S/C/G: 168/maintaining 115-120

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
This is the best ever. I would love to be as badass as you, you're one of my 3FC fitness idols!
Awwww, thanks. I'd feel like more of a badass if I could run like you & philana! (Been re-incorporating an occasional recreational trail jog these days, and MAN, I'm slow!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock View Post
Hahahaha, LOVE this!!!!!! From now on, I too, will think about what a badass I am between sets.
You totally should. I used to kind of laugh at the guys at the gym who would stand around preening in the mirror between sets and looking full of themselves, but, you know, why the heck not? It's fun to be proud of your work.
sumire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:14 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Sumire - haha you're my inspiration!!
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:36 PM   #43  
threenorns

omg, jez - i'm the same way!!!! i was out of the gym for 10yrs and within 2wks was right back where i left off but bloody **** if i can get my carcass moving!

i think it's to do with the build: do you, perchance, happen to have an hourglass? i have - big boobs, wasp waist (even when i'm big you can clearly see it from behind) and a set of bucket hips with stubby curvey legs.

reason i'm thinking so is that my second daughter totally tanked when it comes to weights - she actually tore a quad doing an unweighted lunge even though her form was spot on. but run? she can run like you wouldn't believe - she's an upside-down triangle: wide shoulders, no bust, no hips, no butt, legs that end around her earlobes.

my bff: same thing - HATES doing weights but can lope along on the treadmill for hours at a time and she's the same build - looks fantastic in those racer-cut swimsuits with the really high cut legs but no bum, no bust, and again, stupid-long legs.

Last edited by threenorns; 04-07-2012 at 11:37 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:11 AM   #44  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I think you're on to something! I'm built like you. Boobs, TINY waist, big hips/thighs. I could benchpress the Sears tower... but run a mile? I can do it.. but there are about 9,000,000 things I would rather do.

My brother? all legs... he's training for a marathon.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:17 AM   #45  
threenorns

yep - i can walk forever and a day (used to walk 10k/day just to keep the dog amused) but run? fuggedaboutit - all i could hear in my mind was

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSHr4ubuD64&feature=fvsr