Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:09 AM   #1  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Default The last March - Challenge

Hi Feathers!

Most of you are pretty close to goal and struggling for the last bit. I notice since being in pretty healthy BMI range it's harder to lose weight but mostly just harder to really work at it.

Who wants to join me in this challenge to see if we can get to goal in March?

It's about 8lbs for me. It should be very doable with enough exercise and right food choices.

Let's March!
Let's be spring-ready!

And an inspiring tune that's in my head now. LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQJ8ik_qENA
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 145/145/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies. I'd like to become part of this group forum you have for feather weights. I joined 3FC yesterday and have been browsing through the topics. I'm 5'4, maybe 5'5 and 145lbs. My goal is 120-125lbs. Since June 2010, I have gained 10lbs. I feel like I am an active person, working out in the mornings doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred or hopping on the elipitical, all while eating very sensibly, but I'm not seeing any results. Today is my first day of Jennifer Jorlan's 1 Day Diet. Have you heard of it? I know that I can't expect dramatic weight loss in a short amount of time and I think that's the biggest obstacle for me...if I don't see immediate results, I freak out and think something isn't working. Unfortunately, I obsess about my weight 24/7. I'm looking for support from others in my shoes.
1Anderson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 192/134/127

Height: 5'3.75"

I'm in, I've got 9lbs to goal.
I had a body comp analysis done yesterday and I'm in better shape than I thought, only 5 lbs of excess fat.
If I increase my lean muscle I could stand to lose some of that reserve fat as well. Wish me luck.
moviegrl1737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/136/125

Height: 5'6

I'll join, I don't know if I have faith that I will be able to reach my goal but, I am up for the challenge! Good luck this month ladies! We can do it!!!!!

1Anderson1 - I love 30 day shred! It is completely exhausting but, I absolutely love it! Have you tried her No More Trouble Zones? That one is also pretty good.
WinterRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #5  
say what?

welcome Anderson!

Cool moviegrl, how do you think you can lose the last bit? What is gonna be your approach?

--
Now I am just really thrilled, the idea of working really hard for a month to see 125 on the scale is really motivating. I hope the other feathers join, how cool would it be if a bunch of us reach goal the same week or so?
Old 03-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterRunner View Post
I'll join, I don't know if I have faith that I will be able to reach my goal but, I am up for the challenge! Good luck this month ladies! We can do it!!!!!

1Anderson1 - I love 30 day shred! It is completely exhausting but, I absolutely love it! Have you tried her No More Trouble Zones? That one is also pretty good.

I do enjoy 30DS. I got it early Feb and have been fairly consistent. Are you a runner? I started running a few years back and have done a few races, but due to physical issues, I don't think it is in my best interest to run anymore. I have not seen No More Trouble Zones, but maybe I'll check it out. I was doing INSANITY for a while and that gave excellent results, but again, due to physical issues, I had to put it on the back burner. Today is my first day of the 1 Day Diet. I thought it was going to be really difficult today, but I think being so busy at work is helping me. I just need to talk to people that are in the same place as me, where dropping 10-20lbs is the goal!!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by philana View Post
welcome Anderson!

Cool moviegrl, how do you think you can lose the last bit? What is gonna be your approach?

--
Now I am just really thrilled, the idea of working really hard for a month to see 125 on the scale is really motivating. I hope the other feathers join, how cool would it be if a bunch of us reach goal the same week or so?
You seem to know a lot about this site....what is "ticker" and how do you add the goal charts to your page?
Old 03-01-2012, 04:13 PM   #8  

I am really sticking to my daily points, not eating my weeklys or activities. I'm also tracking my calories through my body bugg program so I'm working towards a deficit of 500-1000 calories a day in hopes of reaching my goal. It will be tight though.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:46 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Hey everyone!!
I'm in, I agree that having a short goal of working really hard for a month is a good idea. I don't know if I'll make it but being at 125 (or even 128-130) by the end of the month would be amazing!! Here's my plan:

Exercise -
M/W/F - 1 hour of weight lifting and 20 minutes of cardio
Tu/Th/Sa - 45 minutes cardio and abs

I'm following New Rules of Lifting for Women. Cardio for me is basically elliptical or biking since I had a really terrible knee injury.

Food -
1600 calories on lifting days
1400 calories on non-lifting days
High protein/moderate carb diet.

Thanks for starting this philiana! What's your plan? Welcome ladies I haven't "met" before

Last edited by LisaTcan; 03-01-2012 at 06:47 PM.
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:06 AM   #10  

Hi, I'd love to join. I have 7 lbs to lose to get to my higher goal of 126 (then maybe another 6 after that, I'll decide once I get to 126). I'm calorie concious (i.e. too lazy to calorie count properly!) and I've been doing a bit of exercise but I propbably need to up that if I want to get to goal.
eryn s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:19 AM   #11  

It's not official, because I only count my weight watchers weigh in as the official number, but this morning I weighed in at 134.7, the lowest I have been in maybe 15 years. Holy Moses, this could really happen.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 160/136/125

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone! I hope your days have been going fabulously!

Does anyone know any good arm exercises? I realized that I don't really ever do anything for them during workouts and LisaTcan's weight lifting inspired me to give them some attention.

moviegrl Congratulations!!!! That is super exciting!! Your lowest in 15 years!!!! That is wonderful! Good work!

Anderson, I do like running. I actually have a race coming up next weekend (eek!) that I am a little nervous about (it is 7 miles and I have set the goal at finishing in an hour)! Running can be really tough on the joints and be unkind to those with physical injuries. If you are looking for cardio that is a bit kinder to physical injuries, I would suggest swimming or elliptical! (I have been a bit too terrified to try insanity, I just keep hearing how, well, basically insanely difficult it is!)
WinterRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:42 PM   #13  
say what?

Lisa: Cool! How is the new weightlifting? Sounds like a solid plan!

eryn: welcome too! 6lbs is pretty do-able I'd say?

moviegrl: OMG! Congrats! That is just amazing. 15yrs you say? Come to think of it.. if I reach anything below 125 it will be my lowest in about 12 years. Ever since puberty hit I got to 125 or so.

winterrunner: nice to have you here!

My plan is to eat 1250 calories a day and really run a lot. So far I've finally come out of my 2week offplan and eaten 1250 calories for 2 days. I feel like I can start back on running again tomorrow. I am just scared because I've not gone running in 2 weeks.

I am really excited about this, I RALLY wanna be at 125 by the end of the month. Though due to off-plan eating I am at 134. I have no clue if I am gonna drop a lot once I am strictly on plan or not. If I don't then 125 is maybe too much to hope for?

Last edited by philana; 03-03-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #14  
say what?

Was just thinking it might be fun to know a bit more about eachother.. its a small thread so it's nice to get to know the people in here.

Like, how old are you? What do you do? And what will thrill you most about reaching your goal weight?

I'll start:
I'm a 26year old university student. Have been for a bunch of years. lol. But the plan is to graduate before 2013. I'm into politics a lot, and was qctive for our Green party for a while. I'm trying to put everything on hold and just focus on my studies. Given that I am a born procrastinator it's kinda difficult. But I will get there eventually.

Once I reach goal, which I hope to happen this month(and the last stretch next month), but before the summer at the latest I wanna wear nice dresses and just be fashionable and cute. I really enjoy a mix of styles but if I can look good in it I wanna really wear whatever is in fashion this summer. Atleast wear shorts. I've not done that in forever. And wear shirts that don't cover up my bum.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Hi Girls,

I would like to tag along with your group. You all sound highly motivated and I am hoping to ride your coattails. I cannot imagine making goal in a month but it is worth a try. I usually only manage to lose about a pound a month because I really enjoy eating (and drinking). I might be able to manage eating clean for a month with a lot of motivation and encouragement, but in any case, any effort to even try to eat clean would be worth it. I follow a consistent exercise routine without any difficulty which includes two strength fitness classes a week and two step classes a week at the Y.

I work full time in accounting but should be looking for a new job soon or I may end up unemployed due to the company circumstances. I am married and my kids are nearly all grown, just one under our wing but she will be graduating from college in a year. I really enjoy clothes shopping also now that I can wear smaller sizes. Works great for my daughter as well since she raid my closet in a pinch!
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote