Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 09-12-2011, 05:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Default Moseying out of the 110s

This will be a pretty small group, where shorties and featherweights cross, but hey, that doesn't mean we can't have our own thread!

I'm now at 117 and about 2/3 of the way to goal. It's funny, I probably was not happy at all about this weight on the way up, but I'm thrilled about it on the way down. My BMI is within the normal range at 23.6, though my waist-hip ratio is still in the "extreme risk" category at 0.9. Some of it may be down to my being relatively slim-hipped, but there's only so much you can blame on that. It does give me a good reason for further weight if I get any of those nosy people who insist that there is no need to continue once you're in the healthy BMI category, plus my PMDD is weight-related and that's still a factor at this weight too.

I'm also wondering when the slower weight loss that everyone talks about will kick in. I started at about 1150 calories (don't panic, folks, I'm 4'11 and thoroughly inactive due to disability, I'm losing 1lb/week) and am now on about 1050. I don't think I could cut calories any lower without running into problems, short of figuring out filling-and-still-very-nutritious-but-lower-calorie meals or snacks than I'm already using. Hopefully I'll still continue to lose at a reasonable rate.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:22 PM   #2  
Not Giving Up

S/C/G: 147/ticker/fit

Height: 5' 0.7"

I'm not in the 110's yet but hopefully I'll join you soon.
Ryler832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 120/104/fit

Height: 5"3

I'm hitting the really slow weight loss at 103-104 lbs. And I'm 5"3. Don't worry about it ; a lot of people seems to struggle to lose weight when they get out of the 120, but it was not my case at all! We are all different
Magalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:25 AM   #4  

Ryler - see you soon!

Magalo - nice to know that you haven't had the mythical slowing until that low, although goodness, you're at a low weight for your height. I created this thread for people in the 110s, but I can't see there being enough demand for a 100s thread (and indeed little demand for this one), so we may as well make this the 110s and 100s thread.

What sort of calorie levels are people consuming (and how active are you, come to that, since it's dependent on that), and is anyone doing calorie cycling? I was striving to recreate those little chocolate peanut butter balls last night, in an experimental fashion. The first attempt quickly went into the bin, the second attempt turned into rather fabulous brownies - and I was exhausted from all the cooking and have been trying to make vegan brownies for years, so I, erm, ate a quarter of them. I'm not too worried, it's the first time in my five months of dieting that I've done anything worse than have a slightly smaller calorie deficit than usual, and it added up to eating 500 calories more than planned. I was hoping to try to give back those 500 calories over the next week, if I can, but I don't want to end up eating so low that it's unhealthy or makes me get hungry. Right now my plan is to have plain porridge, just oats and water, without the addition of soya milk, protein powder and a chopped date that I usually have. I had that this morning, and it very nice, especially as I'm feeling a bit off since last night.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:02 AM   #5  
Becoming a BEAST!

S/C/G: 161.6/161.6/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Hi! My goal was originally 110.0. I met that goal a few months ago and took some time off. I am now averaging around 111 and I need to tone and I want to get down to 105. Although, I don't think 105 will be possible with muscle gain.
Ekicna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 120/104/fit

Height: 5"3

It would be nice because no, there's not a lot of demand for 100s thread haha. And maybe I'm hitting slow weight loss because my weight is already low.

Although I don't focus on weight loss anymore. I'd love to hit 100 lbs as it was my very first goal weight, but getting below is no longer my focus. I'm improving my fitness level and toning up. My goal is to run a half-marathon next summer, and get stronger.
Magalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:24 AM   #7  

I have no idea whether I'll try to get below 100. I was generally 98 - 105 in my twenties, and I recall this being slim rather than skinny on me, but right now I'm aiming for 105 and that would probably be great. I know that getting much below 98 does start to get too thin on me.

Right now that's really not a problem I have, though! My weight loss does seem to be slowing down over the last few weeks. After the brownies incident, I thought I'd try to make up the calories over the next week by having a smaller breakfast. Instead of my usual 3 spoonfuls of oats, 1 chopped date, half water half soya milk, and a tablespoon of protein powder for my morning porridge, I just made it up with 4 spoonfuls of oats, water and a pinch of salt. It was very nice, and it saved about 100 calories (though I saved a bit less than that by the end of the day), but my energy levels haven't been quite as good and my weight has stayed at around 117 for longer than usual. So as of this morning, I'm back to the more nutritious porridge, and I'll see how I do on the slightly higher amount of calories, and definitely higher amount of protein. I must say though, I can't wait to get through this 1kg pouch of soy protein isolate so that I can give rice protein isolate a try. I'm hoping it will taste a lot better, and then I might even be able to skip putting the date in, as it's mainly there to improve the flavour.

I did go out for dinner last night for my partner's sister's birthday, but aside from one piece of unscheduled bread (I always get ravenous when I go out, I think it's adrenaline or something), which I dipped in balsamic vinegar rather than olive oil, I think I did fairly well. They had a nice vegan dish on the menu, spaghetti with tomato sauce, aubergine, capers and olives. I asked them to make it low-fat and to skip the olives. It tasted somewhat oily despite that, but I didn't get a gallstone attack last night, so all was well. I really can't wait until the gallbladder is out and I can start eating higher-fat foods such as olives and nuts more freely again. On the other hand, I'm not usually that fond of capers and these were delicious, so I must give them another try. On looking up what sort of capers I can buy at Tesco, there are the ordinary sort and the much pricier nonpareil sort. The nonpareil ones are apparently smaller, milder and more fragrant, so I've gone for those - at the rate I'll be using them up, the price won't be an issue. It gives me something flavoursome but non-fatty to use in tomato sauces instead of olives, so this could be quite a nice discovery.

Last edited by Esofia; 09-25-2011 at 07:28 AM.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:22 AM   #8  

My weight's finally moving again after a couple of weeks of staying put, and I can now get into UK 8 trousers!
Old 10-13-2011, 06:55 AM   #9  

112.6 this morning! I'm really glad to be out of that mini-stall I was in for a few weeks. How's everyone else doing?
Old 10-15-2011, 06:12 AM   #10  

Height: 5'1"

Hello! I'm popping into this thread but it seems quite empty! Not too many shorties around?

Anyhow I have binged on junk food for the past 3 days (not including today, thankfully) & this morning I was up 0.4lbs. Thankful that I didn't gain too much from the binging and today I was able to resist the urge to snack by using the 'ask myself if I still want it in 30 minutes' trick - and it really worked! I even forgot about it until I saw 45 minutes had passed! So I'm taking small steps to get back on solid ground and try to be 100% this week.

Hope you're doing well Esofia!
coffe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:04 PM   #11  
Aspiring Goddess

S/C/G: 176/139/120

Height: 5'2

Hello all! I finally weighed in below 120, 119.8 this morning! I've been 100% on plan for six straight days now, which honestly is a big accomplishment for me! I'm 5'2 with a small frame, so my ultimate goal is somewhere between 110-115. I might re-evaluate once I get there, though.
ladyrayado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:31 PM   #12  

Woo hoo! I'm currently at the other end of the 110s myself, waiting excitedly to see 109.something on the scale.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:32 PM   #13  

Aaaand the fabled slowing of weight loss as you near goal definitely seems to be kicking in now. It doesn't matter, I'm still motivated to continue and I'm looking so much better that who cares if it takes a few months longer to get there.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:15 AM   #14  

I'm getting close to my original target of 105, although I've since decided to make that my upper limit instead. I'm at 106.4 as of yesterday, and if you look at my MedHelp graph (link in the signature), the target line is finally visible!

I'm looking a lot better, it's pretty much just the tummy which still needs to slim down. I can get into the nice long warm winter coat which I haven't been able to wear for a few years, and I'm really thrilled about that, especially since it's just turned cold.

How's everyone else doing?

Last edited by Esofia; 12-12-2011 at 08:16 AM.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:35 AM   #15  
Bells For Her

S/C/G: 156/112/105

Height: 5'1 and a half!

Thought I'd drop into this thread and introduce myself.

I started a new job a few months ago and kinda lost track with 3FC, as a result I didn't really take part in the 120s thread and I'm now just teetering on the edge of 120s, I'm wondering if it would make sense to skip it altogether. (I was 119 right before Christmas- doh!) Hopefully in the next few weeks I can formally join this thread.

My goal weight is around 105, I'm 5'1 and a bit and small build. I work in London in marketing and my main exercise is running and brisk walking. I'm a calorie counter (it's the only thing that's ever worked for me!)

Looking forward to getting more involved with this thread and getting to know you all
belmagick is offline   Reply With Quote