Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:45 PM   #151  

Height: 5'6

philana: Thanks for the clarification. I was starting to feel like I was weird for needing more calories, lol. I forgot that lean muscle mass does need more fuel, I guess. It's funny that you mention peanut butter because I'm sitting here munching on apple slices with some peanut butter. It does give you an energy boost, I agree. That's awesome about the gym and all the exercise!

Last edited by fitmom; 07-20-2011 at 04:01 PM.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:50 PM   #152  

Height: 5'8

Ah fitmom I need more food too. The only time I've ever been able to stick to 1,200 is when I couldn't move off the sofa after surgery. It lasted all of a week. Either I have more muscle, or I have very little willpower. I think probably it is the last option...
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:43 PM   #153  

I think it's the last option for me too, lol. I get the shakes when I go too long without eating as well. I know for me whenever I've severely tried to restrict my caloric intake for several days in a row, it's inadvertently backfired and my weight loss has stalled b/c my metabolism slows down. I don't even think I could calorie cycle either b/c I do a lot of running and HIIT which requires me to have my energy levels up otherwise I feel depleted after like five minutes, lol. But each to their own - whatever works for you.

Last edited by fitmom; 07-20-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:24 PM   #154  

I'm up three lbs. on the scale b/c of my TOM. Ooo, I hate that. I know it's only temporary but seeing the number move up is not a good thing, lol. Looking forward to when it leaves by weeks' end. My measurements haven't moved so I couldn't have gained. Ugh! Just hate being a woman - sometimes.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:30 PM   #155  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Somehow managed to be up only .2 kg after gorging myself last night at my dinner out. There's a dish in Japan called "chicken nanban" which is deep fried chicken breast coated in sweet and sour sauce with thick mayo/tartar sauce on top. Had that for dinner, and then split a jumbo parfait with 3 friends. All of us had huge distended tummies when that was over with!

Another dinner out tonight, and farewell heavy metal/80s karaoke with some coworkers. I purposely left my computer charger at home so I would run out of battery and go for a walk today. Need to sort out my transportation from JFK to home too, that's in OH JEEZ TEN DAYS. There's a lot to do and I'm just not stressing about it at all. I love my "Type B-minus" personality!

fitmom Hang in there, at least you know what's causing the scale spike! I get light headed from < 1300 calorie days too. Do you have low blood pressure as well?

claire Do I want to leave...it would be easier not to leave, but I also want to get back in touch with my roots. 3 years is a long time and there is nothing left for me to gain from this job (which is the best job a non-fluent Japanese speaker can get). Viel Glück! And don't worry too much about the scale <3

philana Ah okay thanks for answering that. I had a short time there where I thought I'd be moving to the Netherlands because my boyfriend's Dutch bandmate thought he found a semipermanent gig for them there, but no such luck. I've only visited Amsterdam but I really want to see other places in NL. And I love Dutch electronic music!

sumire With all the exercise you do it's not surprising 1200 is a tough range to stay at! I love TNG, almost done with the series for the first time. I can't believe it took me until now to realize its brilliance. Qapla'!

aimeebell I never really stopped moving and stayed steady in this weightloss process...I'm prone to yo-yo-ing too and I would like to STOP. I suppose I am sort of maintaining in the 130-134 range but I feel so much bigger than I did at 125-128. Nicely done on 2 days on plan

Dianne Yeah, I put it on and take it off really quickly. And it shows in my face super easily. I can't tell if that's mental or not but I have people confirm it by asking if I've lost weight on a "skinny face" day. As for fasting, I personally think it's easier to eat less if I just eat meals and not bother with snacks, so that may be why people can do well on an IF-style way of eating.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:36 PM   #156  

krampus: That's so funny that you mentioned low blood pressure because my late mom had it and so do I, lol. My pressure was: 110/70 which is normal for me. The only time is was 120/80 was when I was pregnant. Supposedly, your pressure goes up when you're pregnant but high for me was normal for everyone else. Every time I go to a new doctor, they always make a big deal out of the number and insist on re-doing it like three times. I'm always like, "no, it's been low and I feel fine."

JFK is where I'm flying out of on Sunday. Good luck with the trip home. Life's too short to stress out IMO. You'll get everything done in due time.

Last edited by fitmom; 07-20-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:39 PM   #157  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Thanks! I hate JFK but my company is paying for my flight there so I can't complain. Funny about the BP, I had a health check at work and the doctor told me to eat more salt. It was 89/54 or something, but I feel fine and never have problems.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:53 AM   #158  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Yay! Scale moved. I'm at 67kg/147.7lbs - so another 2lbs gone.
Slowly but surely! I think I'n gonna push myself to get off another 4,4lbs so I'm at my mini-goal of 65kg on my birthday. I REALLY want that! Oh, and I just realise it's already great because I lost 4kg, from 16kg to loose - so I've lost a quarter of my goal-loss!

I want a ticker! * pouts *

Last edited by philana; 07-21-2011 at 03:24 AM.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:34 AM   #159  

double post

Last edited by claire0412; 07-21-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:36 AM   #160  

sumire Yeah high days! I have respect for anyone who sticks to a certain amount of calories, so good luck. I am impressed with your strength training!

fitmom Interesting about blood pressure. Mine was always on the high side of normal, but since I've come off the pill and started low carb it is normal. Last time I had it measured (4 weeks ago) it was 120/80, which apparently is the ideal. Must be doing something right! I don't think low blood pressure is much of a health risk though is it? Unless you feel faint etc?

Krampus Danke! I know what you mean about the job, that is why I'm moving back too. I will miss my boyfriend and the friends I've made here terribly, and Vienna is the number one city in the world for quality of life (fact! 2010 and 2011), as opposed to London, which is a dirty, crime ridden, overcrowded (expensive) hole! I too am putting off arrangements/flat hunts/flights, but basically just because I don't want to move. Normally I am an organiser! Good luck with it all!

philana Wow! Slow weight loss is not something I'd attribute to you, you are melting the lbs away! Good for you!

I am off to see Harry Potter this evening. I don't like popcorn so we're all good on that front. I might have a white wine spritzer during though! I am being extra good this week because a) my bf is back tomorrow and we're going out for dinner with his parents b) my friend and I are going to a new guerilla bakery called Zucker und Fett (Sugar and Fat) on Sunday. If that name is anything to go by, nothing I eat will come in at under 1,000 cals... I deserve it though, because I've won my battle with university admin and I can do my final exam on 1st August, sooo fingers crossed at 13:00 GMT+1 on 1st August, I will be Claire XXXXX MA! Yay! Now to get back to revision.... Have a good day!
Old 07-21-2011, 09:40 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Happy Friday Eve!

So I did bad again last night. My calories were probably up to around 2600. Although the eating wasnt that bad, it was just A LOT and I also drank a whole bottle of wine (4 big glasses of wine at dinner). This morning I am motivated more than ever. Last night my bf asked how much I weighed. WTF was my reaction lol So he "guessed" and then I told him. He asked if I was lighter at my birthday (March) becuase I looked skinner then. I know he wasnt trying to be rude. But it still sparked something in me. Because I remember back then I was like what the ****, I dont even look that much different. But I guess to everyone else I did. So I WILL get back to where I was by August 10th! Then from there, I WILL get to my ultimate goal of 119.8 by Halloween!!!!!!

Aimee The first two days back on plan are always teh hardest for me too. I just cant seem to find the motivation. Its when I start feeling "skinny" again that I start feeling better and more motivated!

Claire hah I totally understand. Both my sisters are teachers. At least its keeping you on track and on plan!

Fitmom HOw long did it take you to get to goal? Has weight training made a big difference? How many days a week are you working out. Sorry for all the questions. Just curious. Also, that is so exciting that you are actually seeing the results with your stomach. Keep up the good work!!!

Wait, 110/70 is considered low blood pressure!? I have always been below normal then. My blood pressure is always below 120/80. What is accompanied with low blood pressure? If it is normal for you to have low blood pressure than can it really be considered low blood pressure?

Sumire lol yes 1200-1300 calories is hard to do. How many calories do you normally stick with a day?

Philana Your avatar is sexxxxxyyyy lol Also, about the cookies, can I order them here in Florida? Congrats on the 2 pound loss! At what rate are you losing?? What is your "diet and exercise" plan?

Krampus That is too funny. It is most noticeable in my face too. I have the exact same thing happen to me. Whenever I am having a few good "skinny" days and the bloat in my face goes down, I get the "have you lost weight" question. It is SO noticeable in pictures to the point where I want to cry. Just ONE night of drinking can bloat my face. I actually have a joke with my friends. I nicknamed it and Ill say oh no blowfish is out. Oh gosh. How pathetic lol
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:01 AM   #162  

Wow Dianne, I would smack my boyfriend around the head if he commented on my weight like that! Did you trick him into it (I do that sometimes) or did he come up with that gem all on his own? It would be almost acceptable to broach the subject if you were overweight (which you aren't), but he must know saying something like that will affect you?! Good for you for using it as motivation, I'd be tempted to get fat to spite him (helpful!) Your way is better! Good luck!
Old 07-21-2011, 10:13 AM   #163  

Dianne042425: I'm sort of at goal but not really, lol. My weight is where I want it to be, my body fat I'd like it to a little less, if possible. When all is said and done, it took me four years to get from there to here BUT that's only because I didn't go full-throttle with it. It went in dribs and drabs. Once I started hardcore at the start of this summer, the rest of the weight all but flew off me. The body fat and soft layer of belly fat was what was still hanging around. It took like 6 weeks to really see a viable difference. My stomach is like 90% there, I'm still chugging along.

Weight training made a difference combined with all the running I've been doing. I work out 6 days a week, morning and night (most days) with Sundays off.

About the BP: 120/80 is considered ideal or normal. 110/70 is considered low but that's normal for me and always has been. I don't feel light-headed or faint. I just think IMO that some people have lower pressure for whatever reason. My doctor did tell me that low BP runs in families and my late mom had it too so that's where I got it from. It's normal for me to have lower than normal BP but I don't really consider it low pressure, you catch my drift, lol. I think the 120/80 rule came from the medical community needing some sort of barometer to go by when checking BP IMO. But I'm not a doctor, obviously.

Don't let last night get you down. At least it sounds like you had fun, right? Ooo, men can be so lovely with their comments, can't they? LOL. Today's a new day!

claire0412: I don't think low BP is much of a concern unless you feel faint. Also, mine's always been low and it runs in my family so it's not much of a surprise to the doctor's when they see that on my chart. Not much of a 'red flag', so to speak. I've been dying to see Harry Potter cause my nine-year old has been begging me mercilessly, lol. Maybe when I get back from vacation. Have fun!

philana: Congratulations!!! That's so awesome. I want a ticker too, lol. Your willpower is motivating me, that's for sure.

More laundry today, gave myself a manicure and pedicure, started to pack a little bit. Last night, I did some Pilates core work. Went to bed around 10 p.m. and woke up feeling refreshed. Tonight it's my kettlebells and core work. Is it possible to not be losing weight but still lean out? My stomach and legs look more toned but the scale hasn't really moved in a few weeks. I don't really know b/c I've never gotten this far before, lol.

Last edited by fitmom; 07-21-2011 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:45 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

I've been MIA from the boards, but I've been really good with eating! I'm back at 123.8lbs, which was my weigh in last Friday, hopefully tomorrow I can manage a good weigh in! Glad that I managed to pry off last weekend's weight, hope I can manage to be good this weekend so I can have a LOSS next week -- might be difficult since I have a LOT of friends coming into town to visit and we will surely have some dinners out and drinking... yikes! I will try to keep in mind how guilty I felt after last weekend, haha.

krampus - YUM at your food! Promise not to throw out any HP spoilers! Glad you're not getting too stressed out over moving and whatnot, sounds like you're keeping everything under control.

philana - CONGRATS, it's always nice to see hard work pay off on the scale. Can you not get a ticker yet?

Dianne042425 - Ah, boys say stupid sh*t. They can't help it, they usually mean well. I think they just lack brain-to-mouth filters. Sorry to hear about your bad day, but glad it motivated you this morning! That's the way to do it!

claire0412 - I would love to eat at a bakery called Sugar and Fat, haha. Lots of good things coming your way! YAY HARRY POTTER ZOMG. Haha. /nerd

fitmom - You sound so FIT with all of your different workouts! Sorry to hear about TOM, that is ALWAYS frustrating! I definitely think that it's possible to lose some mass without the scale reflecting it! Have you still been tracking your measurements?

Have a great day everyone!
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #165  

Dorian5: Your comment made me chuckle. I've been tracking my measurements. I wanted to wait until my TOM was gone (hopefully tomorrow) to see if anything's different b/c visually I see a slight difference when I look in the mirror. But we'll see. Have fun with your friends this weekend. It sounds like you'll have a blast.