3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Featherweights

Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-09-2011, 03:48 PM   #61
say what?

Height: 5'6"

very cool skinny fast! 15lbs is a nice result! How long did that take you? And I wish I could use a ticker, but I have to wait a few weeks, I'm too new. lol.

I've only had 1100 calories today - while i stocked up on proteins. I don't know if i should eat some more or just make sure I get to at least 1500 tomorrow. Don't want to eat too little. Oh well, good excuse for a soda before bedtime?

Last edited by philana; 07-09-2011 at 03:49 PM.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #62

S/C/G: 137/115/107

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by philana View Post
very cool skinny fast! 15lbs is a nice result! How long did that take you? And I wish I could use a ticker, but I have to wait a few weeks, I'm too new. lol.

I've only had 1100 calories today - while i stocked up on proteins. I don't know if i should eat some more or just make sure I get to at least 1500 tomorrow. Don't want to eat too little. Oh well, good excuse for a soda before bedtime?
Thanks! I started April 18, so nearly 3 months. But I didn't start working out hardcore until about 2 months ago. That's when I really started seeing changes. Before that I worked out just a couple times/week.

As long as you don't eat too little every day, 1100 is just fine (as long as it's the right food, of course). It's actually best for your body to change your calorie intake regularly. Like 1500 one day, 1350 the next, 1400 the following, 1100 after that, back to 1500... Same as exercise, you'll lose the fastest if you don't let your body get too accustomed to anything. For example, it's great to run, but if it's all you do you'll plateau.

Good luck to you!
Old 07-09-2011, 08:20 PM   #63

S/C/G: 142/[TICKER]/120

Height: 5'2

I just came back from a grad party...meaning, I stuffed my face on catered food and desserts. Ugh, I was doing so well all day. For the past 3 days I just seem to have fallen off of the wagon. It's awful. Luckily for me, the next week seems pretty uneventful, so crossing my fingers that I'll be okay.
RachelAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:50 AM   #64

I did a 5 mile run today! Burned about 525 calories Even though I'm sore from yesterday's Yoga.
Going swimming later too.

Weigh in today: 121.8
My waist measurement is down to a 26.5

I foresee a plateau in my near future.

Hope you all are having/had a great w/e!
Old 07-11-2011, 12:39 PM   #65

How about some updates on your July Featherweight challenges, ladies? How is it going? Is everyone still in?

I indulged last night and it was fantastic! We were taken out to dinner and I had a veggie flatbread pizza, a garden salad WITH homemade croutons, stole a handful of sweet potato fries AND ate most of my son's extra small vanilla ice cream, as we were taken out for ice cream too Oh, and I can't forget the margarita (tho I drank 1/2 only) and the 2.5 glasses of Shiraz.

YUMMY!

You would think after ALL of that I wouldn't be hungry today. But I am! Don't give in, don't give in, don't give in, lol... So far, so good, but it's only about noon here.

I borrowed a few exercise DVDs from our library today. Hopefully I can find something fun enough to keep me focused. Off to workout! Hope you all are having a good day...
Old 07-11-2011, 12:55 PM   #66

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

Everyone is doing a fantastic job!

Especially nice work, skinny fast, and your dinner last night sounds AMAZING!

I'm at 124.6lbs this morning, VERY exciting for me being in the LOWER half of the 120s. 122 by August 1st will be possible if I work really hard!

I have a sexy outfit to pour myself into this Saturday for my boyfriend and I's movie/dinner date, so I'm going to be working hard until then!!

Shedding for the wedding!

One bat for every 5 pounds lost!

Last edited by Dorian5; 07-11-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:46 PM   #67

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Had a rough first 8 days to the month, but now I'm doing GREAT! It's day 3 of doing Lyle McDonald's "Rapid Fat Loss" and I'm currently experiencing some rapid water loss - I've lost 3.4 lbs in 2 days. I'm finally under 140 lbs again, which is exciting! Hoping it STAYS there, but of course weight loss is rarely that neat and linear.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #68

Dorian! Congrats on being under 125! Kill it till Saturday girl!!! You got this.

mayness, water weight or not, how motivating is that! 3.4 in 2 days, yippeeeeeeee! Way to turn it around!!

Hey CHOOKS!!! Where are you? You're MIA girl. How are things??
Old 07-11-2011, 08:45 PM   #69
Ageless

S/C/G: 30% BF/19% BF/20% BF

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinny fast View Post
Thanks! I started April 18, so nearly 3 months. But I didn't start working out hardcore until about 2 months ago. That's when I really started seeing changes. Before that I worked out just a couple times/week.

As long as you don't eat too little every day, 1100 is just fine (as long as it's the right food, of course). It's actually best for your body to change your calorie intake regularly. Like 1500 one day, 1350 the next, 1400 the following, 1100 after that, back to 1500... Same as exercise, you'll lose the fastest if you don't let your body get too accustomed to anything. For example, it's great to run, but if it's all you do you'll plateau.

Good luck to you!

Two months ago is when I started working out hard core too! I made myself a promise that I would try to stay on point with my diet and exercise since the kids school year was winding down and I could have a few months to devote to me. I agree that once I gave it my all, the changes in my body were very rapid. I worked out like you only 2-3 times a week before that.

I usually stay b/t 1200-1600 calories a day. Any less than 1200 and I'm lacking energy big time but everyone is different.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:01 AM   #70

Height: 5'8

What a difference it makes when my period is over! In the space of 24hrs I have lost 2kgs, and dropped inches all over. My new stats are:
Weight: 67.6kg (massive loss of 0.1kg hehe)
Measurements: 36 - 27 (-1 inch) - 38 (-1 /1/2 inches)

Not sticking to the calories I said I would in the beginning, but have been doing Pilates/ Tracy Anderson and a bit of weight training. I probably won't hit my 65.5kg goal by the end of the month, but I'd be happy with any kind of loss and/or inch loss. Good luck everyone
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:21 AM   #71
Ageless

S/C/G: 30% BF/19% BF/20% BF

Height: 5'6

@claire0412:: I hear you on the period making your measurements go haywire. Mine is due to make an appearance like any second and my stomach is so incredibly bloated. Not a good look, lol.

I've always wanted to try Tracy Anderson. I actually did some Pilates last night. My favorite moves are: the hundred, the frog and the bridge.

I just want to maintain what I've lost and not blow it when I go away on vacation next week. I know I probably won't lose any weight and my workouts will go out the window b/c of all the family time. Disney does have a tendency to do that to you, lol. As long as I don't gain. Time to step up my diet and workouts this week. Onward and upward! Good luck to all.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:28 AM   #72

S/C/G: 129/127.5/112

Height: 5'0.5" (It matters!)

Well I only just started my new Slimming World diet last week, when I lost 4.5lbs, so I was really hoping that the fast losing would continue. But I've been a bit naughty with the scales and I've been checking daily - and I've added 2lbs on from yesterday!! I admit, I was oddly hungry yesterday and had snacks between meals - but all were healthy snacks. And I worked out too. Gutted. That puts my grand total of losing 4lbs. I've gained an extra .5lb from last weeks loss! Hopefully it falls back off again by the time Friday comes on (which is the start of my third week).

So my new August goal is to lose 4lb. 121lb here I come!

Bust - 96.5cm; Upper waist - 71cm; Lower waist - 78cm; Hips - 96cm; Arms - 26.5cm; Thighs - 55.5cm;

Goal: Run 5k. Be able to do 50 proper press-ups!
cantgetenoughchoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:46 PM   #73

50 min cardio today (running + elliptical)

Weigh In: 120.0 Man, so close to the 110's! I was hoping today was the day.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:54 PM   #74

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

Ate sooo clean yesterday and today, all week I've been killing it on the food front, but my exercise is lacking. Usually once I start running I can just keep going, but lately my body is just sooo tireed... my runs are abbreviated. I usually eat around 1200-1400calories, thinking that after this weekend I'm going to add ~100-150 calories each day of something healthy and see how that does for me and my workout.

I've seriously upped my protein and fiber lately and I love it, I'm seldom feeling hungry!

skinny fast oh my gosh, I'm so excited for you to see that middle number be a 1!!!

GOOD LUCK everyone!

Shedding for the wedding!

One bat for every 5 pounds lost!
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:23 PM   #75

Dorian, that's something that really changed things for me too- upping my fiber & esp protein. I drink an Orgain (protein) shake as my lunch and it energizes me and makes me feel satisfied until dinner. As soon as I cut the snacking I starting loosing fasssssst! Our calorie counts are about the same

Speaking of, do you use a calorie counter website? I use caloriecount.com and it really changed the way I see my food. I'm learning things I thought were nutritious really might not be for me, and vise versa.

Keep it up! You are doing great... Saturday must be very motivating!

Can't wait to see that 119 too!!!! Thx!