Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:42 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3"

indiblue, OH MY GOSH, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

lackadaisy and others, what is nutritional yeast? I'm intrigued!

I hope everyone is doing great. I'm not so happy today; I'm up to 119, even though I was making great progress getting back to maintenance (115). My bodyfat estimation today is also up to 21%, when I had gotten it down to 20 the last time I measured. (I just use the YMCA calculator; it's hardly accurate, but as my mother is an apple shape with some heart problems, I try to check my waist/weight ratio periodically.)

Ultimately, I realized I was actually trying to return to maintenance from my tiny gain too fast. I'd budgeted such a low calorie amount that while yes, it would've gotten me back to goal weight in 2 weeks, it also meant I was in the triple digits of daily caloric allowance, and I'm sorry, but that's just not doable without feeling terrible and going over every day anyway. So I've realized that it's not the end of the world if I don't return to my baseline until mid-July instead of early July, and as such I gave myself permission to have a much more reasonable amount of food per day. I'm also tracking my water intake and going back on a "no soda, not even sugar-free" plan.

Still being gentle with myself in terms of exercise. Last week was all yoga, this week is yoga plus weight lifting and a sprinkling of cardio, and next week is back to running. I can feel some return in my flexibility and even my muscle tone, because all running all the time was making me a little stiff and scrawny. I think perhaps too this little weight uptick today might be from muscles plumping up a little, so if it is just the fluid from that, hopefully it'll balance out a little in a few days.

I feel so dumb being so hyper-vigilant about just a couple of pounds, but lack of that is what led to me getting up to the high 140s. Next month marks the one-year anniversary of me deciding that was not a healthy weight for me and I had to do something about it. May July of 2010 be the last time I ever see those numbers on the scale!

Last edited by kat999; 06-27-2011 at 08:43 AM.
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:41 AM   #122  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

MortonPixie, glad the dinner at your house went well! Enjoy your bike ride or swim today!

Dorian, congrats on 125.6! Glad you enjoyed your cupcake, steak and wine.

Krampus, you looked fabulous in your dress!!

Indiblue, congratulations!!!

Kat, it sounds like you have a sensible plan to get back down to maintenance and I'm glad to hear you are being patient with yourself. As for the hypervigilance, I think it's completely understandable after working so hard to reach your goal.

Yesterday and today I weighed in at 133.8... very happy with that. I lowered my goal weight a bit to 128. I'm going dress shopping on Friday for something to wear to meet my husband on the pier when he comes home from his 6 month deployment in a couple of weeks! I hope I can find something flattering to wow him.
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

Ah, I feel hot today. It's wonderful. I can't BELIEVE the first three numbers on the scale this weekend were 125, that just BLOWS my mind. I'll be getting another bat soon!

I didn't weigh in today (probably would have made me sad after the steak I ate for dinner.) I'm not going to weigh in until Friday either -- just keep on doing what I did last week! Healthy food, good runs, strength training... I'm loving all of that right now.

---

mortonpixie - Thank you for the link! The moving pictures are SO helpful, I am a visual learner and I can read all day about how to do an exercise and still wonder if I'm screwing it up, those are perfect! I can't wait to start trying them out when I get home, the only thing I've done before is a plank (and wondered if I did it right, ) Hope your hamstring is feeling better and I bet your house is MUCH more beautiful and interesting than theirs! Sounds like you had a great weekend!

claire0412 - Mmm, I bet that massage was nice! Glad you're recovering so well. If I were you I would eat a little more than what you're taking in, even though your sedentary. Isn't 1200 the absolute lowest for a relatively small woman not doing anything at all? (So many myths out there, hard to find the nuggets of weight-loss truth) At any rate, hope the return to work is seamless for you!

ann71 - LOVE your new avatar, you're beautiful! I am a dessert fiend myself and will eat lots of them and just tell myself they're "low calorie so it's okay" even when they're still full of sugar. Sometimes it's better to just scratch an itch with the real thing, I've noticed! Hope your run/bike ride went well!

lackadaisy - I also have no idea what nutritional yeast is, enlighten us? What a cool internship that you're working on! I can't wait to see what you weigh since you're feeling slimmer, I love it when I can tell I've lost weight before the scale tells me. Great work!

OhThePlaces - I've never had a professional massage either, I think it's because other people touching me that I don't know freaks me out, haha. I'm size 4 at Old Nazy too, I don't know what size I am at other retailers, but that 4 sure did look pretty inside my little shorts! Sounds like you got a GREAT workout in, I'm impressed by the amount of cardio! And congrats on the jeans! OMG I want to see the dress you pick and you mentioned that there were going to be pictures of the reunion -- oh please let us see some, that sounds so romantic!

krampus - You look gorgeous! I'm sure everyone was staring at you at that party -- what a kickass dress! Congrats on being binge-free, I know that's a battle you fight constantly. You look amazing and you've done a great job so far, I hope you're not down on yourself for your diet apathy -- you'll get right back on that horse, I know it!

indiblue - YAY! CONGRATULATIONS! It's sooo romantic! I'm with Krampus, I wanna hear about the proposal!

kat999 - It is so hard to find that delicate, healthy balance between being too obsessively healthy/restrictive and not caring. I find that I swing from one side to the other instead of finding moderation, but it's something I'm working on as well. I'm so impressed that you stepped outside of yourself momentarily and assessed what was and wasn't working for you. I can't imagine that you aren't still hotter than ever, even at 119 (which, as you suggested, is probably your muscles clinging to water.) You'll get back to your goal weight soon, I know it!

XOXOXO everyone, keep it up!

Last edited by Dorian5; 06-27-2011 at 10:13 AM.
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:46 AM   #124  

Height: 5'8

lacksadaisy Cool internship! Sounds great!

Krampus You look great in your dress!! Well done for your binge-free week!

Indiblue CONGRATS! How exciting!!

Oh the Places and Dorian You should so both completely get a massage, I love them! I especially love them after doing lots of sport (like the half marathon or something) because it hurts a tiny bit but feels so good afterwards. I got so many when I was in Cambodia/Vietnam, like twice a week

Ann and Mortonpixie You two are making me so jealous with your bike rides etc !! No fair Enjoy it!

kat I'm glad you're not being so harsh on yourself... Take it easy and the weight will be off in no time. Moderation is soo hard when you have to be so strict as a featherweight to get the weight off in the first place!

Today was my first day back at work, it was quite hard. My foot was a bit swollen but I went to the district town hall after work to get an award for services to teaching and to the district, which was pretty cool! Now I'm chilling on the sofa with my foot iced and elevated

I'll up my calories a bit today, maybe to about 1,400 because I've been walking around a lot. I wasn't that hungry on 1,200 when I was sitting, but now I am starving!! Plan on making a massive salmon and veggie dinner

Have a nice day everyone
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:05 PM   #125  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Claire0412 - on your award!! Way to give back and get outside yourself with service!!

Dorian5 - You GO, girl! I'm proud of you for NOT weighing yourself today - why worry about a couple of glasses of wine and some steak?? You'll run it off today and tomorrow and can have a more accurate (and sane!) weigh in on Friday.

OhThePlaces - I actually think about you quite often...my husband has a rotating shift that I find quite annoying - but I feel bad even complaining in my mind knowing that there are women all over that don't have their hubby's around at ALL for MONTHS at a time!

Indiblue - NEAT, neat, neat!! Congratulations to you both - I pray joy for you're marriage!

Kat999 - sorry to hear that you are struggling, BUT glad to hear that you are being logical about things. Do you weigh often? I used to drive myself nuts with daily or weekly weigh ins...now I weigh when it strikes me and only take the number once a month.

-----------------------------------

Wow, this weekend was busy! We went to a Parent/Youth Party last night - I brought food that I could eat, and had a 1/2 slice of chocolate pie. We had a Parents vs Youth volleyball game, so I worked it off. Much to my sons chagrin - I scored the winning point on the last game to give the Parents the victory... He said with a smile "I no longer know you!" Ha, ha, ha...

This morning I went to the pool and swam 1500 yards. I haven't swam laps since April - it was quite a workout. I did some back stroke and kick drills, breast stroke, etc. Came home in time for hubby to leave for work, cleaned the kitchen, the bathroom, made the beds, and mopped/swept/vacuumed the floors. Now I need to take the kids over to the batting cages - wow, am I ever going to need my cape today!!

Or lots and lots of coffee....

Have a great day all!!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:10 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 175/167/145

Height: 5' 10"

krampus: ooh, that's a great picture!

indiblue: congrats!

claire: I hope you're up and biking in no time!

I'm all about the !! today!

For the first time since I started weighing in a month ago, the scale didn't move today. I got spoiled. Perhaps all those desserts had something to do with it. It didn't go up, either, so I suppose that's good.
ann71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:38 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

krampus You look AWESOME in that dress. Slender, fit, happy. You have lovely hair and a lovely smile as well. I know you are still working on binging cycles, but you should be really proud of your health/weightloss progress so far.

kat totally understand being concerned about a few pounds. I'm sure with some healthy vigilance you'll be back down quickly though.

I don't know much about nutritional yeast except that it's tasty and it's a great substitute for cheese for vegans. In movie theaters in California it's often a topping for popcorn!

OhthePlaces Congrats on the new low! It's awesome your husband is coming back from deployment soon- you must be thrilled to see him and show off your progress

Dorian YAY 125! You have lost these last 10 lbs or so really swiftly right? In a good way that is, like steadily. So congrats!!

claire congratulations on your award! Lots of good news going around here.

morton nice on the swimming! Thanks for your kind prayers

ann I'm super jealous that this is the FIRST time you have not seen a move on the scale. I usually go 4-7 days without movement, and then a tiny one. So congrats on your overall progress so far!

--

Thanks everyone for your well-wishes! He set up kind of an Amazing Race thing where I had activities to do at each step that had to do with each country we had visited together (we are travel nuts who met overseas and now live overseas). The last step was a dinner- he had set up one the rooms in our apartment to look like the restaurant in Cambodia where we had our first date- with cambodian street signs, a picture of the king on the wall (ubiqutious in every shop in Cambodia), and background 'music' of tuk-tuks and traffic. It was cool! He brought out dessert (a ring of cupcakes, which is a long-time staple of our relationship) and there was a ring in the center. He said a few short and sweet words, then proposed.

AH! It was crazy! I was totally shocked. It crossed my mind that he went to a lot of trouble for this day and the evening dinner just for the heck of it, but I still was extemely shocked when I saw the ring. We hadn't even discussed a ring!! Apparently he had bought a ring and went to talk to my parents when he was in the US last month, totally without me knowing. It was so crazy. And awesome- he put so much thought and time into everything and that means a lot to me. Quite grateful and lucky!
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:58 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 189/164/145

Height: 5'6

Dorian5 Congrats on hitting a new low! That must feel amazing! Keep up the great work

ohtheplaces A size 4 is a size 4... Enjoy! I was happy to be in 6 the last time I shopped at Old Navy.

krampus Smoking hot although u shouldve treated us to a full body
pic, lol!

kat999 Love your approach to this. You will get to happy middle ground

indiblue Congrats how exciting! Definitely want to hear the story!

lackadaisy Nice to hear from you again! That internship sounds amazing!

ann71 Being able to eat dessert and not gain is a definite plus!

Personally Im coming off of a really splurgy weekend and Im trying ( unsuccessfully) to snatch control back. No workout since saturday morning and my eating has been ehhh... But determined to make the most of today health-wise.

Last edited by skinnyelle39; 06-28-2011 at 10:01 AM.
skinnyelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:42 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
Hi feathers,

I definitely went off track this weekend and it's showing up on the scale, but I didn't binge - one week binge free, woo. Trying really hard not to feel like less of a person because of how apathetic I feel about weight loss at the moment. I'm on the right: http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._5496236_n.jpg
You looked smoking hot! Now.....do you think feeling apathetic about weight loss and the binge-free week go hand-in-hand? Less concerned and less focus on striving for perfection with body and weight loss, less pressure = less binging?
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:34 PM   #130  
Less than 15 now!!

Indiblue - thank you so much for sharing your proposal story with us! My husband and I often talk of travel when the kids are older - we've even consider being trained for mission work so that we can travel with the kids and still make a living! All the best in your marriage!

skinnyelle39 - stay positive and take it one bite at a time. You got this!!

claire0412 - How's the FOOT?

-------------------------------------------

Hope you all are having a nice week. Yesterday was so darn stressful - the kids were just AT EACH OTHER all day - seriously - my throat was sore from the yelling yesterday! My 9yo and 4yo daughters fight like little cats sometimes. My 12yo son went on a bike ride - 45 min later he called me to ask me where he was!!! Fortunately he had followed the trail, so he just needed to turn around - but he had ridden over 7 miles from home!

My husband finally got home from work about 6:15 and then got called out to help someone from church unload a trailer of boxes for someone that was physically unable. I didn't act like a very good Deacon's Wife...I groused a bit and wasn't very happy. So...put everyone in the tub, then to bed - my 9yo threw a huge fit at bedtime. *sigh* I guess he finally got home around 10 - I was out like a light.

I did apologize, this morning, for being grumpy and unwilling to help. On a great note - I have NO DAYCARE KIDS today!! I need to do my workout over nap time today (upper body - P90X Shoulders & Arms) because my son has a baseball game at 6.

Maybe when hubby gets off work, I will have him come and take the kids home with him so I can stay and watch our son play - it's hard to watch the 2, 4, and 9yo's and still pay attention to the game.

Well - GTG, I hear a fight brewing in the other room!! At least I got a good nights rest last night - that will help me get through the day.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:43 PM   #131  

Height: 5'8

Indiblue Aww romantic, I love Cambodia! I ended up writing my MA thesis about Cambodia and transitional justice there. I've just sent it off to get printed, but now I see they've started the ECCC trials again! Oh well! Such a lovely country, it is just a shame about the government... Did you eat Fish Amok? The proposal sounds so nice, I hope my boyfriend goes to that much trouble (haha I wish!)

Ann Cool new photo! I wouldn't worry about a small stall, you'll be moving again next week I'm sure!

skinnyelle We're all allowed a weekend off every now and again You'll be fine if you jump straight back on the wagon today

Morton Pixie Haha your children sound great! My mum fell over in the parent's race at Sport's Day, I nearly died! Tell your son he should be grateful you don't do that!

The foot is good thanks. It hurts a lot from going back to work too soon. I was meant to have 2 weeks off but I only took 6 days because I didn't want to miss my last ever week at school in Vienna. I'll miss all the kids and teachers so much, and i'd feel awful if I didn't say bye first! I'm just putting together a cute little bye bye note from me for all the kids in the school (teach them all!) to go with their reports.

On the diet front, everything is fine. I'm more hungry now I'm being a bit more active, so my calories have been around 1,400 (eating healthily when I'm hungry). I know I've lost weight because I saw 67.5kg on the scale today even though I was fully clothed and wearing this god-awful post surgery shoe and my stomach rolls are disappearing I need to keep them though because I have to inject myself with anti-thrombosis stuff for another week! Then they can go

Have a nice day / evening everyone
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:54 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

Eh, don't know what the problem is. I weighed in at 126.6 yesterday, figured that maybe I was retaining water since I was up about a pound from the weekend. Today I was 127.6 or something. I've been very careful about what I eat, drank a TON of water yesterday, got a run in... I can understand my weight staying the same even if I'm working hard cause it will eventually just drop, but the fact that it's CLIMBING is making me SO crazy.
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:59 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3"

Dorian, it's just one of those fluctuation things. I was up one day this week and there seemed very little reason for it. I was back down this morning. I should start doing as others have suggested and only track my weekly weight average rather than worrying about every little up and down.
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:52 PM   #134  
Less than 15 now!!

Just checking in, quick.

Ran 2 miles this morning - hamstring wasn't very happy when I was done. Came home and iced it. Will go back to cycling and swimming until Monday. I wish I didn't have the September 3rd Half Marathon on the docket. I feel a lot of pressure to get back to it.

*good news* I am wearing clothes that I just bought about 6 weeks ago and they are falling OFF! I was throwing the football with my son this morning and my crop pants are needing a hike up every time...shirts all baggy - sheesh! I haven't lost a ton of weight in the last 6 weeks (maybe 2lbs!) but my inches must be shrinking.

Took a peek at the scale today - don't think I will make my July 1st goal of 159.x Oh well, I'm training hard and eating right, things will work out!

Have a great day!!

Last edited by mortonpixie; 06-29-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:51 PM   #135  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

NICE, lowest weight since February this morning - 129.4 lbs. Now not to blow it - like aimeebell suggested, maybe pressure --> trouble. 10th day binge free. Also thanks everyone for the compliments, my head is enormous now. :P

This coming weekend is a bit of a "blowout," seeing a bunch of Japan friends for the last time and celebrating the 4th of July in a town with a U.S. Navy base. Maybe seeing all the obese military wives (always a big shock) will make me think twice about gorging myself on everything in sight. My goal is simply to enjoy myself, dance a lot, and not binge eat or drink myself into sickness/getting taken advantage of by frisky sailors...my male friends who will be around are a bunch of beanpoles who are anything but intimidating!

mortonpixie Awesome to hear your clothes are loose! While it's annoying having to keep buying new ones/feeling frumpy, I'd say that's a definite victory on your part. Goal numbers be damned, you're making great progress.

Dorian5 It's a stupid fluctuation. Take power back from the scale. It's just a measuring device that doesn't know you and what you're doing. You'll be back down really soon!

claire0412 Nice work on 67.5 and happy to hear you're healing up in a timely manner...farewells are the absolute worst, I still have a month left here and I have been putting off the goodbye speeches and gift buying/making for my friends and coworkers.

indiblue OH MY GOSH that proposal story is so romantic I kind of want to laugh and cry and throw up all at the same time. My heart swells with happiness for you two - you have many, many, many more countries and adventures ahead!

skinnyelle You'll be just fine. How are you doing so far this week?
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote