UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 06:12 PM   #1  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Default JUNE CHAT strawberries and cream anyone?

Ok, I'm a day early over here, but it's nearly June for you at home. Wimbledon, strawberries (they're very healthy of course) and cream (not so healthy but oh so delish).

Apparently the first of June is the beginning of hurricane season here....sounds like fun, NOT! Hope we don't get any while I'm living on this island....there's only two bridges to get off of it

So happy June everyone....Summer is just around the corner, shorts, shirt sleeves or not....sunburn...the list is endless....

Last edited by BritinNJ; 06-01-2007 at 12:05 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-31-2007, 06:47 PM   #2  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Oh for goodness sake I thought this was about strawberries and cream
Old 05-31-2007, 06:50 PM   #3  
One pound at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNJ View Post
So happy June everyone....Summer is just around the corner, shorts, shirt sleeves or not....sunburn...the list is endless....
Going to the pool.

Not at the weight I wanted to be at. All I wanted was to get into those clothes that fitted me last year.

Been a year since I was in sunny Arizona. I was looking at the photos this morning. Miss you my friend.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I thought we were going to get a recipe.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:19 PM   #5  

mmMMmm~ I want strawberries now ^-^ yummy~
Old 06-01-2007, 12:04 AM   #6  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

at you lot....it's a new month.. just thought strawberries and cream went with June, although I'd eat them anytime.....

It is a year CG....wow...doesn't time fly? Have you been in the pool yet?

Bargoo... here's a recipe...cut strawberries into slices, put in bowl, sprinkle with sugar or sweetner and pour fresh cream all over. ...sorry, couldn't resist... and now with all this talk about it, I shall have to go and see if the local rip off supermarket has any strawberries, cos I want a huge bowl now.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:18 AM   #7  
One pound at a time.

Chris you're going now to buy strawberries !!!!!!

Step away from the cream.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Sugar and cream , too many calories, but strawberries are delish just as they are.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:10 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 236/236/140

Height: 5'6"

I agree bargoo strawberries on there own are lovely just the same. Well I suppose I better make a move and get to work. Last day then i'm off for a week oh with a wee training course shoved in between it lol. Friend had a baby boy on Sunday so she wanted me to take some time off with her just for some company i think really, as after she found out she was pregnant her and the bf parted. So she now has 2 little monsters to take care of
Old 06-01-2007, 05:27 AM   #10  

I had them with blueberries and raspberries a coupla days ago - and a whole pot of Sainsbury's double thick cream too - BAD! I have just realised there are only two months now to make inroads on my weight loss. Oh Gawd!

Happy June everyone.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:25 AM   #11  

try crushed black pepper on s'berrys.. mmm - i wasnt sure at 1st (the idea of it) but its yummy!...
Old 06-01-2007, 06:58 AM   #12  

morning.. ladies..

good to hear the animals are up to thier usual antics.. marmite is too.. going crazy.. he was getting us up at 4am.. so he now gets shut in the kitchen at night... hes not too bothered by it & we get sleep!

at work trying to look for some research articles.. cant find anything grr.. keep looking .. if i find one i can usually go on from there with the referances they have used...

brought lunch this am.. eek.. 9.5 syns...its only pasta n sauce ready done pot - we got in late etc from work last night.. an had jobs to do when we got in.. lunch got left.. think i might go n get a jacket pot.. i brought my cheese... so thats all free then.. and i can have dinner as planned tonight..
giving blood later.. havent done it for ages... should have gone yesterady hehe.. before weigh-in

righto better get on!

lou
Old 06-01-2007, 07:16 AM   #13  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Happy June everyone - my birthday month I love strawberries. My favourite strawberry pud is an easy one I always serve when we have a BBQ so delish...

Get a HUGE wine glass, put a nice big dollop of good quality strawberry icecream at the bottom then a layer of sliced strawberries... then top up with chilled champagne or similar (those cheap bottles of cava do the job just as well as the more expensive stuff - DON'T use Lambrusco). Devour. If you've got it add a tablespoon or two of strawberry or raspberry liqueur when pouring in the champagne.

Lou, I've heard of the black pepper on strawberries thing as well - never tried it - interesting to know that it works so I think I'll give it a try.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:15 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 181/171/150

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone, I'm Ging!

Can't wait to try strawberries and black pepper - I thought I put pepper on everything, but obviously there was some things I hadn't thought of!

I'm in Cambs and the weather here is glorious at the moment - highly fitting for the first day of June, especially because it's been wet and grey all week!
Old 06-01-2007, 10:21 AM   #15  

i went to the local high street today, there was a market with French bread, cheese, cakes, sweets etc................ Was a little tempted. However I only bought some olives and some posh french soap and some strawberries.

Am off to polish my halo now
Closed Thread