Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-01-2011, 02:08 PM   #76  
I love my muscles!

S/C/G: 169/149/135

Height: 5' 5 1/4"

Hello everyone!! Well, I'm firmly back into the 140's after a few days last week-- or was it the week before that in the 130's UGGGH! It's how "oh just one more piece of fudge won't hurt me, and it's my birthday" catch up! Now I'm up to 142.4, although I'm certain at least a pound of that is sodium because I ate out at Chili's last night (Had grilled chicken sandwich, steamed veggies, and only water to drink) and was 141 yesterday morning

I'm done with all the junk hanging around and will see the 130's again by February woohoo!!

Good luck to everyone

Last edited by pinkflower; 01-01-2011 at 02:09 PM.
pinkflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:50 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 151/145/125

Height: 5'6

Count me in this thread!!! I went up to 144 lbs from 142lbs over this christmas. I have never been able to break 140lbs so far.
nina125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:33 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 149/144/125

Height: 5'3"

I'd love to join this thread too! I haven't been here for almost four years (and it wasn't ultimately "for real" last time). I went back to work soon after joining here in 2007 and before long added about 12 pounds!

Anyway, I'm hovering just under 150 right now, so have a ways to go to leave the 140s, but can't wait to join those of you who are so close to that milestone or have just passed it!

Congrats to all who are doing such a good job - you are very inspiring!
thistimeforreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:24 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 151/133/125

Height: 5'4

EEKKS..... Seriously, I have been a non stop eating machine so I'm back in the 140s. I increased my cardio to 1hr on the elliptical (from just 30 mins), but the last 2 days, I've been eating like crazy.

I've been using the Loseit! program on my iPhone... and it says, for me to lose 2lbs a week, i need to be at 980 calories a day. Which is actually achievable if i work out and eat sensibly. HOWEVER, sensible is the key word.

I'm deployed to Iraq and I'm a vegetarian... so it's hard to eat quality food. So, my friend's mom sent me a tub of caramel popcorn. I seriously ate the 17 servings of caramel popcorn in 5 days!!! Also, a nice lady sent us boxes of candy, so I've been eating salt water taffy like it's my J-O-B.

Anyways, I hope you guys don't mind welcoming me back. I totally hate the fact that I got below 140 and then I blew it because of the lack of self control.

I hope everyone started 2011 on a good foot! It does sound like we are all determined to achieve our goal of getting back to our goal weight!!
AKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:22 PM   #80  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Wow AKim - you have a LOT going on to complicate your weight loss/maintenance plan!
Can I send you some healthy/veggie food? I'm serious, I would be happy to send you a 3FC-approved care package!
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:53 PM   #81  
I love my muscles!

to everyone new & to everyone coming back!!

Akim--I hope I'm not sticking my nose where it doesn't belong But is there a chance that eating so low causes to you lose control because you get hungry?? I can go pretty low for weeks, maybe even months, but sooner or later, it causes me to go off track. I'm sure being away from home and on duty in Iraq adds immense stress and it sounds like you're doing well most of the time. I'd be eating all those yummy goodies too if they were around! Good luck with your goals

So I got a trampoline today. It's a Gold's Gym mini one with a DVD, pedometer and resistance bands. It's so awesome and fun. I've been bouncing on it off and on all day, and did the work out dvd tonight. I"m shocked at how good the work out was and it was only $34!!! My kids have been on it constantly too.

Oh and 141.4 today, although TOM is due Thurs and I'm sure that will start going up soon

Last edited by pinkflower; 01-02-2011 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:54 PM   #82  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

eeeek, am definitely rejoining this thread. my weight jumped back up into the 140's the past couple months, but as of about 5 days ago im determined to re-lose all the weight that i had lost at the beginning of 2010. this morning i was 147. I've started working out again, though i will admit that my eating has been horrible the past couple weeks. starting tomorrow im cutting out the sweets, and im going to see about getting my boyfriend on board with my eating healthy. Hoping to see 13_ by February
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:02 PM   #83  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 207/**ticker**/129

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKim View Post
EEKKS..... Seriously, I have been a non stop eating machine so I'm back in the 140s. I increased my cardio to 1hr on the elliptical (from just 30 mins), but the last 2 days, I've been eating like crazy.

I've been using the Loseit! program on my iPhone... and it says, for me to lose 2lbs a week, i need to be at 980 calories a day. Which is actually achievable if i work out and eat sensibly. HOWEVER, sensible is the key word.

I'm deployed to Iraq and I'm a vegetarian... so it's hard to eat quality food. So, my friend's mom sent me a tub of caramel popcorn. I seriously ate the 17 servings of caramel popcorn in 5 days!!! Also, a nice lady sent us boxes of candy, so I've been eating salt water taffy like it's my J-O-B.

Anyways, I hope you guys don't mind welcoming me back. I totally hate the fact that I got below 140 and then I blew it because of the lack of self control.

I hope everyone started 2011 on a good foot! It does sound like we are all determined to achieve our goal of getting back to our goal weight!!
AKim- Eating healthy is difficult esp. when you're deployed (I've been over there twice). However you can request vegetarian MREs the same way as you can request a Kosher MRE. I know you don't want to survive on MREs but on some days it may be better than chow hall food.

Good luck
Hopeful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:07 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 184/150/130

Height: 5'2

Hello!
I hope y'all don't mind me jumping in.....
I have been stuck in the 140 - 143 range since early October, and I would love to say that I'm doing the best I can. But I'd be partly lying, I still have major issues combating binge eating. For instance I downed not 1 but 2 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies today, knowing that it wasn't going to help in my weight loss.
However, I have been exercising very regularly (I'm training for an half-marathon), which has kept my weight stable these last few months. But I would really love to drop those last 5 pounds and finally hit my goal weight.

Last edited by totsandfries; 01-03-2011 at 12:08 AM.
totsandfries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:19 AM   #85  
Finally Happy :)

S/C/G: 175|113|125

good morning ladies! I hope everyone has a great day! I weighed in this morning at **** DRUMROLL**** 140.8!!!! I am SOOOOOOOO happy. But i am not going to change my ticker just yet!!!!! I just need to get to 139 to get outta this thread and to the 130's.... AHHHHH only 15 lbs til my goal i am soo excited! I cannnot wait to get to 135! then 130....... then 125. I am SO motivated. My hard work and discipline with food is paying off!!!!!!! YAY

By the way: Do any of you girls shop with American Eagle? I can fit a 4 in them, but can fit a 5 in Aeropostale. I guess i am wondering how much i wil have to lose to go down another size.
Ashley89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:59 PM   #86  

I am up for the challenge! I started at 160 and am currently 145. I would love to see 13_ on the scale and would love to have some motivation. I am going through sugar withdrawl and coupled with no excercise, this week is going to be tough.

Breakfast: yogurt and oatmeal with golden raisins
Lunch: Pad See Ew (1/2 serving), hummus, 3 pieces of fresh pineapple, and 2 peanut butter crackers? wow, that was a lot of food!

Heading to hot yoga tonight (hence the HUGE lunch). I haven't been there in two weeks, so I hope I can make it through the heat! Thought I would hate hot yoga. I mean I do, but the results have been amazing. Anyone else do hot yoga or any other yoga?
lacroixjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:45 PM   #87  
I love my muscles!

I want to try hot yoga, but my gym doesn't have it I do Yoga 2-3 times a week. Yoga and strength training has done amazing things for my body! I might have to switch gyms just to get some hot yoga...but it's a hard choice because I know everyone at my current gym and I like it smaller. The gym that offers hot yoga is huge and crowded

Congrats Ashley! I've never tried AE, but I might have to now! I'm still anywhere from an 8-10, depending on the brand. 6's fit, but they leave a horrible muffin top lol. I'm hoping when I lose 15 more lbs, I"ll be a 4, but who knows. I'll be happy with a 6.

I rode my 6 year old's scooter to pick her up from school. Haha. So much fun! I might have to get one for myself. I'm kinda sore from my rebounding (trampoline) work out yesterday, so I just might take it easy today. 140.6 today. why did it go up? Boo!!!

Last edited by pinkflower; 01-03-2011 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:46 PM   #88  
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacroixjunkie View Post
I am up for the challenge! I started at 160 and am currently 145. I would love to see 13_ on the scale and would love to have some motivation. I am going through sugar withdrawl and coupled with no excercise, this week is going to be tough.

Breakfast: yogurt and oatmeal with golden raisins
Lunch: Pad See Ew (1/2 serving), hummus, 3 pieces of fresh pineapple, and 2 peanut butter crackers? wow, that was a lot of food!

Heading to hot yoga tonight (hence the HUGE lunch). I haven't been there in two weeks, so I hope I can make it through the heat! Thought I would hate hot yoga. I mean I do, but the results have been amazing. Anyone else do hot yoga or any other yoga?
I was doing bikram yoga occasionally. there is a studio by my house that ALWAYS has classes offered. I always found the harsh teaching method unpleasant but around Thanksgiving got pretty into it and went 4 days in a row. On the 4th day, I had a class with the studio director and he tormented me throughout the entire session. He told me I had to learn to be stronger and take it (his crap, not the yoga) in order to learn to deal with my life. I haven't been back since... I was really upset as I was FINALLY starting to really get into it, after going occasionally for over a year and thinking, eh, this sucks. I left the class feeling like a big fat failure and practically in tears. Which was sad, because I am actually quite good at yoga and have done other styles for years and can do almost all the advanced poses.

I didn't go enough to see my body change, has it really been helping you? How often do you go? Everyone in the class was so buff, but I am not sure if it was the yoga, or just that it attracts that type of person.
Wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:39 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 151/133/125

Hi, Everyone!

I do eat the vegetarian MREs on days I'm desperate. But, yes, I think I ate all that junk food because of the combination of accessibility and for the previous weeks of good control of intake. That's why i'm trying to increase my cardio to at least 1 hr to balance out the requirement to be at a deficit of 500 calories a day to lose a pound a week.

JayZeeJay-- you are so nice to offer to send a care-package.... But, the mail system is all messed up these days and I'm at the tail end of the year deployment... I just need to exhibit a little self control.

It's so wonderful to read such inspiring stories. I LOVE the mini trampoline! It's such a great tool to have. I used to just jump around on it when watching TV instead of sitting.

I also LOVE hot yoga! Wildflower-- your instructor seems to be quite inappropriate and out of line. The studio is supposed to be a place of non-judgement and freedom. He sounds like a jerk. You could just pop in a yoga video at home and plug in a space heater and humidifier and practice yoga in the comfort of your own home.

Everyone, good luck today at reaching your goals!
AKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'0

i feel so stuck..ive been stuck at 142.x for over a week. I feel so close to leaving the 140s i can taste it and its just out of reach....this weight has always been the hardest for me to break through. I feel like this is where my body feels "comfortable" I don't feel so overweight that i can't move or function anymore..i just feel normal..but i'm not where i want to be and i can't seem to break out of the 140s!!!
angeluv is offline   Reply With Quote