Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:19 PM   #166  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

S/C/G: 189/14x/138

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildflower View Post
Hi Dedikayted - what weight did you start at and what are you currently at?
I started somewhere around 200 pounds but the highest scale weight that I allowed myself to see what 189. LOL.

I loss most of my weight by low carbing... Until I got to the 150's and got stuck for a lonnnnng time. [over a year]

Then I did the fat smash and that got me from 158 to 148ish. (I was so happy to see the 140's I think I slept with the book in my bed. LOL

From Fat smash, I then did Extreme Fat Smash and got down to my lowest weight 142.

Had an injury.. Gained back up to the 150's

Calorie counted with little to no meat back down to the 140's again...

I was plateauing between 145-148 for a few months so then I started the Amy's meal plan (which actually had me eating more calories) 2 weeks ago and broke the plateau. Got down to 143.

Now I fluctuate between 143-145...and its driving me crazy. It seems like I always have to change things up/shock my body for me to lose. I understand that as you get down to your goal, the body resists but I dont even know what my ultimate goal is. I never have seen below 142 in my adult life so I think I may like it somewhere in the low 130's. I'm only 5 foot 3 so I think my body should stop this nonsense and give up the FAT.

I am a gym chick. I've done it all. Weight training, body building, power lifting, lots of cardio.. always changing it up. Actually it took me doing 2 hours of cardio a day to shock the body this time around to getting back in the 140's..and down to the weight I am now. Now, I am about to cut the cardio down to avoid overtraining/injury but I'm adding in weight training.

I sometimes think that I may be undereating BUT I get so nervous about adding calories (especially over 1400). But I have been doing it here and there on the Amy's plan. As you can see, I will try almost anything, I just hate wasting time. I want to just get it done. If I knew for sure that if I ate exactly X amount of calories, you best believe I would do it.

Quote:
Since I was eating about 2,000+ calories, I dropped down to 1500. I lost 2 lbs a week no problem - I was down 9 my first month of dieting.
So were you just eating what you want but just staying within the 1500 range or were you focusing on certain foods... like high protein/low carb??? Wait...aren't you vegetarian?

Quote:
I was 138.6 again this morning. I think I finally made it!!!

Oh, YOU ARE THERE! The 130's is yours and you can claim it. You have been there for a few days.. so you can go ahead and put in an address change.
DEDIKAYTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:55 PM   #167  
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEDIKAYTED View Post

So were you just eating what you want but just staying within the 1500 range or were you focusing on certain foods... like high protein/low carb??? Wait...aren't you vegetarian?

Oh, YOU ARE THERE! The 130's is yours and you can claim it. You have been there for a few days.. so you can go ahead and put in an address change.

Yeah, I've been vegetarian for almost 16 years. I didn't really change what I ate throughout this, I've just been trying to eat less and I count calories. For that first month, I didn't do low carb, but I tried to eat more protein than usual to stay full...so I was eating a lot of eggs, low fat string cheese, greek yogurt, Luna Bars and Boca ChickN patties combined with my regular diet of natural peanut butter on whole wheat bread and occasional pasta. I was a little worried if this was healthy for me with the animal products and processed soy. Since late December/January I've been focusing more on a vegan diet. I've ditched the eggs/cheese/yogurt and try not to snack much. When I do it's hummus with brown rice crackers/carrots/grape tomatoes or fruit. Brown rice crackers are amazingly lo cal. You can eat 9 for 60 calories! My days from the first month are logged in the calorie counting forum, but I don't go there as much anymore.

I pretty much eat the same things every day...natural peanut butter on whole wheat toast (or oatmeal) with tea for breakfast, Amy's dinner, tofurky sandwich or salad for lunch, dinner varies between Amy's dinners, veggie burgers, soup, salads, grilled veggies, sometimes rice/lentials. I like to balance things, so if I eat bread for breakfast I'll have a salad for lunch.

Wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:29 PM   #168  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

S/C/G: 189/14x/138

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Yeah, I've been vegetarian for almost 16 years. I didn't really change what I ate throughout this, I've just been trying to eat less and I count calories. For that first month, I didn't do low carb, but I tried to eat more protein than usual to stay full...so I was eating a lot of eggs, low fat string cheese, greek yogurt, Luna Bars and Boca ChickN patties combined with my regular diet of natural peanut butter on whole wheat bread and occasional pasta. I was a little worried if this was healthy for me with the animal products and processed soy. Since late December/January I've been focusing more on a vegan diet. I've ditched the eggs/cheese/yogurt and try not to snack much. When I do it's hummus with brown rice crackers/carrots/grape tomatoes or fruit. Brown rice crackers are amazingly lo cal. You can eat 9 for 60 calories! My days from the first month are logged in the calorie counting forum, but I don't go there as much anymore.

I pretty much eat the same things every day...natural peanut butter on whole wheat toast (or oatmeal) with tea for breakfast, Amy's dinner, tofurky sandwich or salad for lunch, dinner varies between Amy's dinners, veggie burgers, soup, salads, grilled veggies, sometimes rice/lentials. I like to balance things, so if I eat bread for breakfast I'll have a salad for lunch.

I have been reading my "Becoming a Vegetarian" book to educate myself on getting the right nutrients for vegetarianism. I am very concerned about the B12 needs. Because I just started educating myself more, I am just wondering if my stores are already low. I didn't really mean to stop eating meat, I just did it because I was never loved eating meat anyway. And I felt good not eating it... Initially I was concerned about protein but now as I read more and more about the vitamin B12 deficiency, I could have been supplementing a long time ago. I think the main reason I'm concerned is because I was so exhausted (way beyond tired) today where I felt like my body just didnt want to move.. Could be just that I am alwys on the go. But the book now has me thinking.... So anyway, I think I am going to get a vitamin b12-shot tomorrow because I'm paranoid now. I had been having some tenderness in my feet as well but I thought it was because of my intense workouts and all that pounding on my poor little feet.

This is the reason why I usually try to read up on the health effects of diets but since I hadn't really planned this, I feel bad now that I didnt read the book months ago. When I did low carb you wouldn't believe how many books I read to educate myself. Plus, I made sure I had blood reports to be sure that low carb gave me the health benefits that were promised from my reading.. Luckily it did

Anyway, I do eat a good amount of dairy and once in a while I had been forcing myself to eat fish, so hopefully my levels are ok.

I will definitely go to the doc to check it out though.
DEDIKAYTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:17 PM   #169  
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEDIKAYTED View Post
I have been reading my "Becoming a Vegetarian" book to educate myself on getting the right nutrients for vegetarianism. I am very concerned about the B12 needs. Because I just started educating myself more, I am just wondering if my stores are already low. I didn't really mean to stop eating meat, I just did it because I was never loved eating meat anyway. And I felt good not eating it... Initially I was concerned about protein but now as I read more and more about the vitamin B12 deficiency, I could have been supplementing a long time ago. I think the main reason I'm concerned is because I was so exhausted (way beyond tired) today where I felt like my body just didnt want to move.. Could be just that I am alwys on the go. But the book now has me thinking.... So anyway, I think I am going to get a vitamin b12-shot tomorrow because I'm paranoid now. I had been having some tenderness in my feet as well but I thought it was because of my intense workouts and all that pounding on my poor little feet.

This is the reason why I usually try to read up on the health effects of diets but since I hadn't really planned this, I feel bad now that I didnt read the book months ago. When I did low carb you wouldn't believe how many books I read to educate myself. Plus, I made sure I had blood reports to be sure that low carb gave me the health benefits that were promised from my reading.. Luckily it did

Anyway, I do eat a good amount of dairy and once in a while I had been forcing myself to eat fish, so hopefully my levels are ok.

I will definitely go to the doc to check it out though.
Well, B12 is interesting because it can be a problem for anyone...it's created from bacteria, and as our food is more and more sanitized people don't get as much as they used too. It also is only in animal products and fortified products...so really it's vegans who need to worry the most, not vegetarians. You get quite a lot from cheese/milk products and eggs. If you want a good food source, buy some nutritional yeast. It's super fortified with all B vitamins and a great source of protein. You can sprinkle it on popcorn or mix it into pasta sauce and it gives sort of a nutty cheesy taste. It may be a bit of an acquired taste...
Wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:35 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 168/139/130

Height: 5'8"

Lost 3 pounds last week which has catapulted me into the 140's (was 148.2 on Saturday morning). Hoping I can get a steady wait loss and break out the 140's by the end of March (26th). Then I will be officially sub-10 stone, which is a massive motivation in itself!
mydearthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:43 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

142.5. I think I've got another 7-14 days bouncing around here and then I'll smash down into the 130's, if the past is any indicator of how this will go.
rachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:28 AM   #172  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I'm here! I was 146 even this morning. Just 2/10's of a pound and I will be normal weight!

I am being rather calorie restrictive right now, alternating 1000 calorie days with higher days. Every fourth days I add an extra banana, 1 cup of vegetables and 1/2 cup brown rice. It's going very well! I am hoping this diet slips me right into goal.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:11 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies!

Hope you don't mind if I join in, I finally feel like I can post here! I was at 146.4 this morning....I am so excited to get to the 130's - I haven't been there in my whole adult life, and think it was probably early in my teen years I was there last....craziness.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:35 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

144.8 this morning! 8.8 until I'm normal! Normal BMI that is. lol
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:34 AM   #175  
Calorie counter

I'm stuck right on the boarder of my normal weight. If I could just lose 2/10's of a pound! 146.0
Old 02-17-2011, 11:20 AM   #176  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'0

i'm completely stuck..I've been between 139-140 for over a month! I can't break out of this. I thought i'd be at least 135 by now but every morning its 139 or 140. Breaking out of the 140s is the hardest. I know its mostly my self control because i haven't been eating as well as I should have been but I can't seem to get back into eating right. going bridesmaid dress shopping next weekend :-/ not looking forward to it all!
angeluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:33 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Weighed in at 146.8# this morning! 1.6 pounds and I'll be at a "normal" weight!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:47 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

AAHH - up to 147.4 this morning. Oh well a bit of a jump up was bound to happen, I've been going downwards for a few days now.

lindseylou - woo hoo!

So many of us almost "normal", lol...I can't wait to be normal!!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:55 AM   #179  
Calorie counter

There are indeed several of us heading for NORMAL, aren't there?! Lots of us 5'4".

I'm claiming normal today!! I weighed in at 145.8 which is in the 145 number so I'm taking it! LOL! Also, I'm sore from a really good workout yesterday, so I'm undoubtably retaining some water. This makes me really confident that the 145.8 is legit.

I'm normal! Wahoo! (I think that statement may be debatable. ) What a great feeling. I'm going to make a post about it maybe tomorrow morning when I have some pictures to go with it.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:57 PM   #180  

S/C/G: HW193/See Ticker/128

Height: 5'5"

This thread is both encouraging and disheartening at the same time, LOL

I am "technically" 5' 4.5" but I give myself that 1/2 just to make it simple. And because if I say it enough, maybe it will happen, haha

I also seem to hit a snag in the 140's. While it is great that I am not alone, I really don't want to be here too much longer and I'm sure you all do not either! Same thing happened to me back in 2009 before I let it slowly creep up a little again, got down to around 147 and bounced back and forth from 145-147 for at least a month.

I seem to have made it JUST past that point at the 1st of this week, but now keep bouncing between 143-145. At no other weight "decade" have I recorded a bouncing trend! I saw steady drops daily in the 150's and even when I got down into the 130's, I saw steady drops almost daily, albeit just ounces. WHAT is up with the 140's? My body just doesn't want to give it up easily!
Niecy is offline   Reply With Quote