Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:54 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 155/142.6/132

Height: 5'6"

So since I've posted, I've changed my gym routine to huff it out on the treadmill for 50 minutes several times this week. Everytime I'm on there I want to just get off and go to the elliptical instead, but I sure don't sweat on the elliptical the way I do on the treadmill. I also just can't stop watching the clock on the treadmill to count down the minutes & seconds before I get off. No amount of music or TV will distract me long enough to stop watching that clock tick down because I want to get off that machine so badly. I didn't have this issue on the elliptical either.

I've also had larygitis for a few days, but that hasn't prevented me from visiting the gym.

The scale is showing 142.6 for a few days now, but I'm always so afraid it will creep back up. And now I have a new challenge to break 142.6 because historically this has been my "stuck" number on and off for many years.

Last edited by orthodiva; 12-13-2010 at 06:24 AM.
orthodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:49 AM   #47  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Meh - after a birthday party, a week of eating left over party food, and not being able to run because of ice and snow, I'm back up to 144.6 - poo!!
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:59 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 151/133/125

Height: 5'4

Orthodiva-- i can totally relate to your feelings about running on the treadmill. I also don't sweat as much on the elliptical. This month, I have compromised and I do 30mins on the elliptical, and then i jump on the treadmill for as little as 5 mins, up to whatever I can convince myself to stay on. I think that it is helping me lose weight. Before this, I was just doing the elliptical on the "weight loss" preset program.

This morning I weighed in and the dial was slightly below 140. It stinks not having a digital scale. BUT i'm not going to say I am under 140 until I'm DEFINITELY under 140 by at least 2 lbs.

My goal was to get to 135 by the end of the month.

I've also restarted my Wellbutrin, so it definitely helps to curb my appetite and prevents me from eating too much.

Everyone seems to have a cold! I hope everyone feels better soon!
AKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:37 AM   #49  
I love my muscles!

S/C/G: 169/149/135

Height: 5' 5 1/4"

I'm still in the 140's....140.8 today. I'm not frustrated, because I know it will fall off. I'll probably start losing at least a few pounds in the next week, because that seems to be my pattern, stall a few weeks, then it comes off at once! I am very excited because today I"m wearing size 8 pants!!! I could button them up a month ago, but they gave me bad muffin top. I'm wearing a tight shirt and there's no muffin top. yay!!! I love that 10's are falling off, but I just barely bought them!

I hope everyone feels better soon, and that I don't get the crud that's been going around!!

Last edited by pinkflower; 12-15-2010 at 10:38 AM.
pinkflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:50 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 145/145/128

Ultimate goal is to get down to 128lbs, but currently I'm 145lbs (estimate.. scale and I are not friends) and I haven't seen the 130s since the summer. Hoping to get some support from the featherweights
VeryVivacious11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:00 PM   #51  
I love my muscles!

welcome VV!!!

Well 140.2 today...hoping to see 139.x tomorrow. I'm not counting on it, but it's so possible! Now this is motivation, when you're on the brink of the next 10's
Old 12-16-2010, 03:02 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 145/145/128

Thanks for the welcome pinkflower! Hope you see the 130's tomorrow morning And is that Christian Bale in your picture?? He's basically my dream man, so if I'm right then you obviously have great taste like me! haha
VeryVivacious11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:22 PM   #53  
I love my muscles!

Thanks, me too!

yup, and hands off, he's my boyfriend lol! Seriously he's so hot!!
Old 12-17-2010, 01:57 PM   #54  

Pink! you are so close! Yippee to NO muffin top! That is SO exciting.

VV- you sound like me! I've been struggling too. What are your methods to losing weight? Are you dieting and exercising or just dieting?

So, my dial scale has been consistently over 140. So the one day of it being A LITTLE under that black line was a fluke. I've been so mad about it. However, I've eaten garbage the last two days. But, I've been restricting calories, so even though it's garbage, i've stayed under 1300.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:37 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hi...Im brand new to the site and I thought this would be a good place for my first post. 140 and over is when I look and feel bad, muffin top and am busting out of my clothes. NOT COOL. I really want to lose ten lbs by february and keep the weight off. Right now I am a little over 140 and would like to below that by Christmas even if it is by one or two lbs.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:08 PM   #56  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Hi all!

I also just found this thread - strangely, I'm also a vegan grad student! We seem to have a critical mass here. Oh, and I also heart Christian Bale!

I had gotten down to about 138 in September, and kept it there for a month. But then stress and job interviews etc. got to me, and "somehow" my weight is back up in the 140s. I finally accepted it and changed my current weight in my profile.
My 'stuck weight' is 143, I have been stuck there for years at times. My happy weight is 135, I feel fittest and happiest there. So, here I go!
Why is it so hard to lose weight while training for a marathon? It was mentioned in this thread; I was told that by others and also found it out first-hand. But I'm still not sure why - is it simply eating too much to compensate for calories burned? Or is there more to it?
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:13 AM   #57  

Hi everyone!

JayZeeJay--- I read an article that was posted in another thread... It was a link to "Runner's World" and they did a study where they found that women, more than men, ate more during marathon training. In a sense, they were burning all the calories, but after the runs, they would over eat what they actually needed to eat to fuel.

I downloaded a new program "Lose it!" for my iPhone. I really like it better than my FitDay. FitDay is great, but I love the fact that this program tells you how many calories you have left in the day, after it takes into account what you've eaten, to reach goal.

Zumbachica, I also realized I was way overweight, when I put on my clothes (i'm deployed) when I was home for R&R. I couldn't wear any of my jeans with out major muffin top. I had to wear dresses the entire time because of it.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Hopefully someone here got under 140!
Old 12-19-2010, 12:34 PM   #58  
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

Welcome everyone new!!!

JayzeeJay - I too am a grad student and while vegetarian for 15 years, trying the vegan thing once again. Fiancee and I have plans to go vegan as of Jan 1, but we eat a lot of vegan meals already as I prefer that way of eating to tons of egg/cheese veggie meals.

Akim, I am still holding at 140.5 as I have been for the last few weeks. But that said, with all the holiday get togethers, I am not really staying on plan and probably won't start up again until after the new year.

I can't believe I haven't made my goal at all and am basically just maintaining...but the fact that I have been eating whatever I want (I am trying not to stuff myself, but other than that whatever I want) and still maintaining makes me somewhat happy. I don't know, I am mixed. I am still trying to be "on plan" for when I am not having dinner with friends, at a party, etc. But it's hard.

I am finally, finally feeling better from my cold I had for the past 2.5 weeks!!! Going to try to make it to the gym at lunch tomorrow if I don't meet up with a friend for lunch. Yayy for a bit of running - we'll see how far I make it as i've only gotten a few short (2 miles) runs in the past few months. I think I'll go for 20 minutes.
Wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:22 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'0

hey everyone!
I'm so glad I found this post. I find it's kind of hard to find people in my weight range sometimes on here that understand. There are great people on here i'm addicted..but still.

So my story is...for the last few years i've been stuck in the 140s. I've never been happy with it but it's where i was and i was too lazy to really do anything about it. Last year I got married and the stress of planning..i dropped to 134 without even trying. however over the last year it's been creeping up. One day, i was looking for clothes and none of my jeans fit anymore..and i was in shock..when I weighed myself I was 157lbs!!! I gained 23lbs in one year. That's when i decided to make a change..that was in October...now im down to somewhere around 143-146. (no digital scale..that will soon be fixed)....and being in 140s depresses me..My goal is 115 but right now..i'd just be so freaking happy to see like 138 on the scale.
angeluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:08 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Well I'm determined to get out of the 140 range. Starting Atkins today, it is the only thing that works for me.

As far as the marathon runner thing it does not surprise me. Fitness instructors teach loads of classes a week and still have issues with their weight....I know I feel hungrier when I'm working out and take in more calories because of that. When I hurt my foot and wasn't able to work out I lost weight! Ironic, isn't it?
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote