Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 06:08 AM   #241  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
Doughnut ... about 10 grams. Walnuts, almonds and cashews are my favourites.

I don't think it's possible for me to eat just 10gs of cashews it's obviously working for you though - well done on being back in the 20s

Danni - congrats on 127!

I haven't weighed myself since I reached 153 and I daren't as I think I'm probably back to around 155 by now but I feel kind of good. I'm sort of maintaining at the moment but I feel myself getting prepared for another little weight loss push. This might seem a bit odd but I seem to be having more success mentally this year with losing a few pounds, maintaining a few weeks and then losing a few more. It seems less of a drag somehow and also my body seems more willing to give the pounds up when I want it to rather than the constant stuggle to shift the pounds. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

Oh well it's Sunday and the clocks have gone forward which means that I'm already an hour behind. Loads to do today. Byeeeee
Old 03-28-2010, 06:58 AM   #242  
Grandma on the Go!

S/C/G: 143/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Doughnut - sounds like you have got a good postive attitude and that is so important. Once I accepted this as a life plan and not a diet plan it changed my whole attitude. Just do your best everyday and remember your better off now than you were when your started. Any day I feel unhappy that the scale is not moving, I remember how unhappy I was 17 pounds heavier. The slower it comes off the better chance it has of staying off.

My new gym routine and the flaxseed seem to be working. Still at 127.

I have to agree with Susan about the nuts. I eat almonds, cashews, and walnuts everyday. But I measure them out. They can be dangerous - I can polish off a whole can if I'm having a few beers. Now after 3 months on plan I seem to have better control.

This week I am reading The Perricone Weight-Loss Diet. He says to eat the protein with every meal and eat it first. I have also read that before. His plan is basically the Superfoods that I already eat plus a lot of supplements. I already take so many meds from the doctor that I don't want to add any more.

I do take Flaxseed oil twice a day. (my Dr. suggested that when I asked him about fish oil).

So question for fellow feathers: do you take any supplements ?

Last edited by danni; 03-28-2010 at 07:05 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:23 AM   #243  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

danni, susan, tkm - 120's - woo-hoo!!! wtg!!!

finally starting to feel better after getting the bug early Friday morning. going shopping today to get what i need for fat smash week 3, and doing a VERY light cardio session at the gym. i've been living on bagels and ginger ale for 2 days, but was able to eat oatmeal and fruit this morning.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:48 AM   #244  
Grandma on the Go!

S/C/G: 143/127/125

natamars - glad you are feeling better.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:43 AM   #245  

S/C/G: 185/161/148

Height: 5'5"

Hmmm, very strange, I was "naughty" last night (as I seem to be on weekends), drank wine and ate garlic bread dipped in roast chicken-pan drippings (sounds gross but was heavenly).

Yet, the scale is down a pound. What's up with that? I'll take it, but I don't trust it!
Old 03-28-2010, 11:15 AM   #246  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

127.0!

I knew this day would come, because the same pattern played out last month (stalled forever, only to drop a pound after TOM), but it still seems like a miracle because I'm not trying as hard as I thought I'd have to. I'm not hungry at the end of the day, I'm not aching from pushing myself too hard at the gym. I always had the sneaking suspicion that naturally thin people were lying when they said they just listen to their bodies and don't have to think about it, but it really works!

Some possibilities for Joan:
(1) You didn't eat as much as you thought you did. Since they were "bad" foods it may have seemed like you indulged a lot, but the overall calorie count wasn't very high.

(2) Pan drippings don't make you retain water like sugar and salt do. You may have lost a little bloat.

(3) The least optimistic option: you're dehydrated.

But no matter whether it's number 1, 2, or 3, if you're going in the right direction overall there's no reason to worry about a few pieces of garlic bread

Last edited by tkm256; 03-28-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:15 AM   #247  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Joan - I was very naughty yesterday too (won't get into details, but it involved alot of wine and pizza) - think i needed a day 'off plan'.
Back on track today.

S
Old 03-28-2010, 03:54 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Supplements?

Normally yes, but since reading Primal Blueprint I'm taking a break to see what happens. Sisson talks about some foods blocking the absorption of some nutrients and I think I might believe that.
Fitday doesn't show many nutrient shortfalls and I feel pretty good.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:24 PM   #249  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

I don't take any supplements, really, but I do a multivitamin and slow-release iron pill because I tend toward anemia. Oh, and eating the flaxseed daily with my oatmeal.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:59 AM   #250  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

Doughnut maintaining for a bit then losing sounds great. I wish that I could do that. I have to keep plowing forward like a freight train or I start meandering in a bad way. It sounds like you're going to be more than ready for maintainence life!

natamars Glad to hear you're feeing better!

Joan woohoo! Take it and run with it!

tkm256 Congrats on 127!!!!

sznn Now that sounds like my kind of naughty!

SusanB I'm not familiar with Primal Blueprint. I may have to do some research.

Well, the scale still has me at 148.8 this morning. I'm hoping it will stay that way or (dare I hope!) even go down a little by my Friday weigh in. I'm getting close to my goal, but I'm still not real happy with how I look, so I'm thinking about taking my goal down another five lbs and really stepping up the weight lifting. We'll see.

Last edited by Silverstar33; 03-29-2010 at 10:00 AM.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:10 PM   #251  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 5’7"

hi feathers! hope everyone is doing well i am not. haha! i had a long weekend over at my sister's house. ate and drank plenty of crap friday night, and saturday was spent nursing a hangover (...with more food. why is it that the only thing that makes a hangover feel better is junk food?) then last night i had my 3rd training shift at my new restaurant. ate fine before my 9 hr shift, but at work I ordered a shift meal--an enchilada w queso and a sour cream sauce, plus rice and beans. not excellent by any stretch. i'm sure it was a full day's calories. ugh!

back on track today! no more drinking plans for about 2 months. and even then, hopefully i can remember how i feel the following day and not celebrate so hard. i dare not weigh in for a few days...
Old 03-29-2010, 12:48 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

TKM, grats on dropping that pound! I know it's a good feeling

Silverstar, good luck keeping on track until your weigh-in--I'm sure it'll be awesome!

Shasha, good for you getting back on track. I hope you are feeling better today, hehe.

Bad weigh-in for me today--I'm actually up 0.2 lbs. This seems to be pretty typical for me a couple of weeks after TOM and usually means a big loss the next week, but it's still depressing since I was perfectly on plan! Soooooooo sore from how hard I've been working out, but it's a good sore. I did lose another 1/2" off my waist! I'm officially 39-29.5-39.5

I did have a HUGE NSV this morning--I pushed through and did the full 3.1 mi. distance (5K)! AND I did it in 44:04, which is about 4.2 mph. Not super fast, but a great starting point for me.

Supplements: Right now, just a multi and DHA (algae-based precursor to omega 3). I was taking a B complex with C but haven't bothered starting that up again.

Last edited by stella1609; 03-29-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:01 PM   #253  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Hi, Feathers!

I've been away for about a month but I've been peeking in and noticing a lot of downward motion of the scale numbers. Congratulations to all of you!

I moved cross-country, was staying in hotels and with friends while house-hunting, then moving into a new house and having to replenish the fridge and cupboards. Plus have some work deadlines - all of this has added up to some seriously bad choices about food (too much) and exercise (far too little).

So, I'm all moved in, surrounded by healthy food and have my running shoes waiting to be strapped on. Now to just wrap up those pesky work deadlines.

I had one scale at our old place, one in our temporary home and a third at our new house. So I honestly don't know what I have gained or lost but the "pants-o-meter" is not looking good. I'm going to give it a week of back on track before I do anything radical like change my ticker, hehe.

More later but thanks for the inspiration about: 1. re-instating my 5K training and 2. re-thinking grains entirely (Primal diet - gives one a lot to think about).

Oh, and supplements. In general I try to include: multi, calcium +D, fish oil and glucosamine/chondroitin. I track everything on FitDay so honestly, when I am eating mindfully, I don't need the multi but definitely need the extra D. I rarely break 10 percent of the RDA on my own, even when eating what is otherwise a super healthy diet.

And from Joan:
Quote:
Blah! WHY is the scale so unforgiving? I eased up just a little yesterday--couple of chips and dip, a few hundred calories at most--and I'm up two pounds overnight. whereas it takes a week to lose one pound. @##$%
Don't get me started. It took me many months to lose 8 lbs and I basically gained it all back in a few weeks.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:06 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

stella: Congrats on your 5k! I think it would take me about that time to complete one too

Emma: Wow, that is one big life change. I think waiting a week is a good idea--there's so much stress in moving!

As for me, I was 127.0 again, but instead of using my bathroom scale I confronted the Wii Fit. Usually it tells me I'm a half pound or even a full higher than the scale, but today not even the snarky little cartoon board could say anything against me

Last edited by tkm256; 03-29-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:02 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella1609 View Post

I did have a HUGE NSV this morning--I pushed through and did the full 3.1 mi. distance (5K)! AND I did it in 44:04, which is about 4.2 mph. Not super fast, but a great starting point for me.

Way to go, Stella!!!!! I'm on week 7 on the training program (did 25 minutes of running this morning with no walking breaks) and I really appreciate what you did here! MAJOR NSV! Congrats!
Closed Thread