Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 09:27 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies -

Glad to see everyone staying on track & sounding chipper!

I've still been POP for both food & exercise since Jan. 1 (even for my best friend's birthday party, which was a huge accomplishment!). I also still haven't weighed...not sure why I am avoiding the scale. I think I'm kind of scared that, not having weighed in a while, if I get on the scale & am having one of those freakishly high days that we all get, it will really upset me. But the pants-o-meter seems to be going down, so I guess I'm okay for now!

That's about all I have to report on the diet front - just wanted to check in & say hey!
Old 01-12-2010, 10:11 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Mornin' Featherweights!

I had a major loss at my weekly weigh in! In fairness, I was weighing in awfully high last week after 1 1/2 weeks of Christmas indulgences and vacation eating! I'm feeling happy this morning and on track. I'm still about 2 pounds over my low weight before Christmas, but it's okay.

I'm thinking of adjusting my goal weight downward to 119. According to my Wii Fit, 119 is a target weight for me. So I guess I have 13 more to lose (or 7 more to get to my initial goal of 125). I know choosing an ultimate goal weight is always a little tricky......any thoughts guys??? I don't know how long it will take me to lose another 13 pounds, because this end-game weight loss has been SLOW! Or at least it seems that way. But I'll get there when I get there. I'm not really in a hurry, I just want to know what maintenance feels like. LOL.

Good luck to everyone.....we can do this!
Old 01-12-2010, 01:43 PM   #93  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

kellost-My goal weight is in a constant state of flux. I want to be more "athletic" looking now which wasn't even on the radar when I started. I just wanted to not be fat. I'm no longer fat, so the focus has shifted to body fat, etc. It's more of a look I'm shooting for now, not a weight. I hope I'll just know when I'm "done". I guess that's not much help.

Su-Bee-Impressive OP streak you've got going! I think the pants-o-meter is just as reliable as any meaure of progress. So, you're doing great!

Another OP day and a teeny .2 loss for this morning. I'd be okay with .2 if it was daily, but this holding for a couple days and then only a smidge to show for it isn't exactly ideal. However, it's in the right direction, so I shall rejoice in this small victory and hope more comes tomorrow!
Old 01-12-2010, 02:01 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I lost a pound overnight! After gaining 1.4 lbs Sunday night from eating pizza for dinner. So I'm almost back down to my recent low.

Last night my husband came to the gym with me!!! I was so excited. I bought him a membership last week (for the campus fitness centers) so we went right after he got out of work. He wants to lose a few more pounds and get back some of the muscle he lost the past few years... you wouldn't believe how fast this guy builds muscle with minimal effort! Unfortunately, this is the worst week for the gym... there's only one open (out of 4) and students are starting to come back from break so it was CROWDED. He might wait until more of them open up so he doesn't have to fight for the weights. Oh, and also, he came down with some stomach bug today... crossing my fingers I don't get it! Ugh!

I left my water bottle at home last night so today I keep forgetting to drink water because it's a pain to go out and fill up the cup that I'm using. Maybe I should stop being cheap and buy a bottle of water from the vending machine, and save the bottle in my desk drawer in case I do this again.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:27 AM   #95  

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning! So my weight is teetering between 137-139. The lowest I've seen is 136 but it is not consistent. My 1st goal is 135 and I just want to see that number already. It looks like I'm really going to have to watch the food to get to that number and below. My exercise has been good and pretty consistent. I am going to try and come up with a menu for a week and see how that goes. Maybe if I have specific things that I am going to eat it will be easier for me. I know a lot of us are in the same boat so I know I'm not alone. Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 01-13-2010, 11:49 AM   #96  
Back at it...again!

Yay! This monring I got a little whoosh (1.2 lbs) FINALLY!! That made my day, I think. I've been waiting for this for a week since I've mostly been eating clean and exercising. I'm just so glad I didn't give up. Only a few more pounds to go 'til I should be close to or at my goal BF% range! I can't wait!!
Old 01-13-2010, 03:01 PM   #97  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi everyone! I haven't posted in a while (have been lurking religiously, though). Finding it difficult to lose without exercising, which I'm not supposed to do because of a surgery 2 wks ago (I'm not supposed to lift my heart rate... augh!). Luckily, though, I haven't gained. I sort-of-broke the rules yesterday and went to my first ever flow yoga class and today I feel delightfully sore and I CAN FEEL ABS BELOW MY TUMMY FAT! . Pretty much the most exciting NSV ever.

Old 01-13-2010, 03:01 PM   #98  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

2 days of slumping binge fest. Blah. Was ready to get back at it today, hopefully I did minimal damage.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:49 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

ennay, anything you can do right now, or at least today, to get yourself back on track?

lackadaisy, sometimes I feel my hidden abs and imagine what they'd look like if most of the fat was gone, lol. It can be pretty motivating.

Ms Perception, YAY!

timetostart, I find that planning a menu is good for my diet and my sanity. I should really do it more often.

Last night I ate a little more for dinner than I planned, and then went a little crazy with some candy (in an "I want it out of the house so I'm going to eat it" mini-binge). I felt like a pig, was quite down on myself. But when I added it up today I probably ate under 1700 calories total yesterday. Not bad!

And this morning I weighed 128.8! That's a new 2010 low.

Yesterday with my husband being sick and all, I forgot to exercise. Yup, that's right, I FORGOT. That sounds so stupid, lol, but it's the truth.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:14 AM   #100  
Ilene the Bean

S/C/G: 165/149/140

ennay get back on that wagon !!

Daisy, I love it when I feel my abs too but alas they are covered with fat also

mayness, on the weight loss throw out those sweets you're doing so well!! Feed the garbage not your hips ...

Ms Perception -- a WHOOSH ...

My whoosh is different Last time I measured was in November I also weighed 4 lbs less than yesterday morning BUT I lost .5 to 1 inch in all locations, even my neck! Go figure, I'm super happy with that, but geez I wish the scale would go down, I do know that the scale will eventually move, but it seems to be taking forever...

I've been very much on plan exercise and food wise ...
Old 01-14-2010, 04:23 PM   #101  
Back at it...again!

Girls, I was down another pound this morning to 130 even. I don't know what's going on that's making my body finally release some of this weight, but I'm SOOOOO glad! Just wanted to share my excitement. It's an all-time low (as an adult) for me!!! Yay!
Old 01-14-2010, 05:36 PM   #102  

Height: 5'4"

Grear job Ms Perception

Way to go Ilene , as long as some number is smaller it's all good. I also feel like my weight has shifted and my body has toned and it isn't always in line with the number on the scale.

Just had a little attack of stress eating, trying to stop it before it goes any further.

Last edited by timetostart; 01-14-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:53 PM   #103  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

hey ladies
i went out to dinner yesterday with my family, and was back up to 135 this morning, but thats only a one pound gain, plus TOM arrived today, so my body is out of wack anyway. I get crazy hungry at this time of the month and its everything i can do not to go downstairs and eat eat eat!
so im keeping myself busy by giving my room some much needed tlc, cleaning out the desk and dressers and stuff.
Hopefully my hard work will pay off on the scale tomorrow.
As always, you guys are so encouraging to me.
The friend who i am losing weight with weighed himself for the first time since we started. (we started a week ago). He had lost 4 pounds. It was so...encouraging to see him so excited over 4 pounds. His self image has gone through a beating as a result of an emotionally difficult childhood, and he doesnt have much self worth. It was kind of a reality check for me, because i could sense his pride at having made a difference in a goal that he had set. He didnt need to jump up and down and shout and stuff, i could tell from the way that he was radiating pride that he was pleased with his accomplishment.
it made me think about how i dont get excited over my accomplished weight loss anymore. its always just one pound with many more that need to come off. But he lost just 4 pounds (which to many of this forum, is not very much, especially as women who see the pounds come on so quickly), and was glowing at what he had accomplished for his health and his image.
so ya, thats just a quick story of a reality check that i was given.
sometimes its the little things that make you stop and think the most

Last edited by 100percentME; 01-14-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:04 AM   #104  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies

Well, I have been 144.4 since Tuesday, even though I have been very good all week. I am expecting a whoosh any day. Only problem is, I am at my fiancé's house now all weekend and I haven't yet figured out if his scales weigh me more or less than mine. So I might get a nice surprise or a nasty one! Oh well, I just have to keep plugging away. I did manage 2 runs this week, but not today as it's blowing a gale and persisting it down with rain.

At least most of the snow has gone now!! It's hard running on snow - I took to running on the roads most of the time as they were clearer than the pavements, but it's a bit scary with cars coming at you.

kellost - choosing an end goal is tricky - I tend to pick a dress size and decide I want to be comfortable in that size. For me it is a UK size 8 (US size 4). When I got to about 133-135, I was comfortable in that size. I did get down to 129 and they started to feel loose, which part of me was screaming "yay" and part of me knew I would never be able to sustain that weight. So if I can stay in a size 8 I shall be happy - I am back up to a size 10 at the moment -although somne of my stretchy 8s fit me, but not fitted things.

Only problem with that is you don't really know what that will be until you get there.

That BMI for me at 135 would be 22.5. The equivalent weight for you would be 119 - so that would probably be a good goal.

mayness - congrats on your pound loss! And wtg on getting your dh to go with you - it would be nice to have someone to work with. I would love to be able to go running wth my OH but he doesn't run. Mind you, if he did run, he would probably beat me - lol! He is 6' tall and all legs! I KWYM about the "it's in the house so I'm going to eat it to get rid of it" mentality! It would be so much easier if we could just throw it away, ya know! And wtg on your new low!

timetostart - I am sure you will see that goal very soon.

MsPerception - wtg on your whoosh - send some whooshiness my way please - it's my turn next!

lackadaisy - be careful with that exercising - you don't want to do yourself an injury!!

ennay - climb back on that wagon - we've all been there!

Ilene - so you are heavier, but slimmer? Is that down to exercise? I know before I started running in November 2008 I was about 140, and after I ran my first 10K in May 2009 I was actually only 3 lb lighter, at 137, but I was a full dress size smaller!

100percentme - if I had lost 4 lb in one week I would be glowing also!! Well done to your friend. And, just a reminder to us all of what ONE pound of body fat actually looks like:

Old 01-15-2010, 10:03 AM   #105  
Back at it...again!

Robsia-Ewwwww! Thanks for the reminder! No wonder I'm trying to reduce my body fat. Consider the whooshes sent! Enjoy!

I have stabilized today right on the edge of my final decade. I feel good and have been OP. This is the life! In a few more pounds, I should hit my goal body fat % and I'll be maintaining. I know a few pounds may take a few weeks or more at this point, but I'm back to being patient again.
Closed Thread