Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 12:44 PM   #76  
Ilene the Bean

S/C/G: 165/149/140

Height: 5'3"

Well I had a bit of a "wh.." this morning lost 1lb, even after drinking wayyyyy too much wine last night, my head is a little sore today...

No plans today, just house work, bleh... Tonight I'm staying in like a good girl...
Old 01-10-2010, 06:41 AM   #77  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene View Post
Well I had a bit of a "wh.." this morning lost 1lb, even after drinking wayyyyy too much wine last night, my head is a little sore today...

No plans today, just house work, bleh... Tonight I'm staying in like a good girl...
Yay Ilene - let's hear it for those "wh.."s! I had a lovely day yesterday, bimbling around town trying to find something to buy but came up with absolutely nothing. Sigh.

I feel much better today and think I'll be ready to haul out the cross trainer in the next day or two.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:18 PM   #78  

Height: 5'4"

As I said in another post, weekends are hard for me. Yesterday, no exercise, and eating was not so stellar. Today I was able to exercise and am trying to eat more on plan. We'll see what the scale thinks during the week. This cold weather is not making this any easier. Isn't the body just supposed to hibernate in the winter?
Old 01-10-2010, 02:13 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 142/ticker/122

Height: 5'7"

Congrats Ilene on the wh...!

Amy, I hear you on weekend troubles! We ate out two days in a row and once was at the cheesecake factory - where MIL insisted I help her with her piece of cheesecake! I did good at only having a few bites, but that doesn't make up for all the other food I ate. I did lots of walking yesterday and am heading out for a run in a couple hours when DH gets back home from running errands to watch LO. I'm hoping to have a better day today and throughout the next week!
Old 01-11-2010, 12:04 AM   #80  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Sorry to hear about those of you with colds! Ugh, I am the worst when I am sick... just crave simple carbs and have no motivation to do anything remotely exerting. I do remember in the past going to yoga classes with my head stuffed up and being amazed at how much better I felt when the class was *over*. Really, really hard to make myself go though. Healing thoughts to all of you!

ShrinkingAmy - I am going to check out that video you mentioned. Right now a main part of my workout is a weight-lifting/aerobics class, but I am moving away and don't know if I'll have access to a gym. I have the 30-Day Shred but I need to mix it up. Do you have a lot of weights, or adjustable dumbbells? I only have 3s and 5s at home right now but I'm up to 10 at the gym for most exercises.

Doughnut - your post made me laugh! I never thought I'd be SO HAPPY to see the 140s again. I remember when 132/133 was my freak-out, end-of-the-world high weight. Ah, those were the days... now 132 would be a DREAM weight.

Mayness - I saw you set a year-long exercise goal as well. It's a little daunting, isn't it, with the thousands and thousands of minutes? I am waaaay behind already (should be at 660 min by the end of today to be "on schedule"). I was thinking it will inspire me to do more walks, hikes, plan active trips, etc. that will count for many hours. Love the idea, at least!

So I finally, FINALLY lost a little bit of weight. Almost back to my pre-Thanksgiving weight (147) and ready to explore some new territory!
Old 01-11-2010, 03:07 AM   #81  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

2 birthday parties in one day.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:08 AM   #82  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaD View Post

Doughnut - your post made me laugh! I never thought I'd be SO HAPPY to see the 140s again. I remember when 132/133 was my freak-out, end-of-the-world high weight. Ah, those were the days... now 132 would be a DREAM weight.
YES At 131 I flipped out and promised myself I would re-lose those 6 lbs.....Now I am so happy to see a 149.8
Old 01-11-2010, 04:04 AM   #83  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Morning ladies

I am down 2.4 lb from last week, even though my OH offered to 'treat' me on Saturday by buying me a pizza - I was very good and turned it down!

He KNOWS I'm on a diet - why do men do that?

Anyway, here are my stats:

SW: 147
CW: 144.6
GW: 133
Lost 2.4/14

I only managed to get out for a run once last week as we have had a lot of snow here - worst winter in 30 years in the UK at the moment.

However, it rained last night and stayed above freezing for the first time in a while so some of the standing snow and ice has thawed a bit, so I am going to go out and see if I can find a snow-free path to run on.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:40 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies!

I had a decent weekend, as weekends go. They're always a challenge for me since they're so unstructured. I still feel a tiny bit sick, but it's got to be the mildest cold I've ever had. I exercised both days, and did a lot of cleaning. I ate reasonably well Saturday, and Sunday I reached a new (recent) low, 129.6! But yesterday I didn't count calories (I'm sure I went over by a bunch) and I had pizza for dinner. Thanks to that, I was up to 131.0. Oh well, I bet I can get it back off pretty quickly.

Quote:
Mayness - I saw you set a year-long exercise goal as well. It's a little daunting, isn't it, with the thousands and thousands of minutes?
Yes, it is a little overwhelming to think about! But at the end of the year, I can just imagine it will be really motivating to see such a huge number of minutes were dedicated to exercise.. whether I reach the goal or not.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:00 PM   #85  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Good (late) morning! After a good OP weekend, I'm still holding pretty steady. I can't quite seem to get that last bit of Christmas weight off. So, maybe the body thinks we're trying for maintenance. Ahh well, it's alright. I'm still doing all the right stuff and the results will come soon. I can't even consider it a platuea since it's only been a few days. I'm just being impatient to get into the 120's!
Old 01-11-2010, 02:08 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 142/ticker/122

Height: 5'7"

EmmaD - I just have 3's and 5's which using for an entire workout makes my arms tired. When I went to the gym, I would use anywhere between 8's - 12's for my strenght training depending on the exercise, which was fine because I wasn't holding them for 20-30 minutes straight. I liked 30 day shred really well too, so you may like the Jackie Warner dvds too. I could feel the burn using both videos.

Yesterday I went out for a run/walk and learned that I need to start C25K over because I've lost any endurance I had built up before the holidays! Plus C25K keeps me from getting bored, which is my biggest problem when I'm out running. Today I plan to do a video workout and tomorrow another run with a short core workout.

I weighed in this morning at 131.6 but I'm not buying it... I think there was some sort of fluke with my scale because when I was down to 131.6 at the end of October, I felt much more fit, had more energy, and my clothes fit better... so I'm going to reweigh tomorrow before changing my ticker. I would have swore I was at 136-138...we shall see.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:46 PM   #87  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

hi ladies
i love reading through all your posts, you are all such an encourgment to me, which is something that doesnt come to often in my family where body bashing is a welcomed activity.
i went shopping with my mom and sister the other day, and it was so hard because trying on clothes, they only had negative things to say about their bodies and i mentally struggle against that every day. I'm very proud of myself for not joining in with their negative attitudes. so that was my win of the week
shrinkingamy: i had a morning like you where i totally didnt believe the scale. i even went to the other bathroom and got on that scale just to make sure that mine wasnt malfunctioning lol im going to wait a couple days to make sure its a legit loss before i get my hopes up. i was 134 exactly this morning, and ive been stuck at 136-137 forever! hopefully i did finally get passed my plateau. fingers crossed.

i hope everyone has had a fabulous start to your week
Old 01-11-2010, 05:33 PM   #88  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:

Ah the old freak out weight That seems to increase by at least five pounds every five years or so -132 as a dream weight - ****, definitely for me too and I'm the wrong side of that 150!

Robsia - bored of the snow yet? I am a bit as there doesn't seem to be any end to it. Another 3 inches yesterday and no sign of a thaw here. I'd've thought you'd've been worse off where you are

Amy - good luck for that scale weight being real. I tend to always believe the down trends and just get incredulous at the ups

100%me- well done on the body image thing. I think so many of us struggle with that. I had a weird moment shopping yesterday. I saw myself walking towards a mirror but because I wasn't wearing my contacts I didn't realise it was me. I thought to myself "if I could look like that I'd be happier" before I realised it was me. I always avoid gaps (e.g. like between parked cars) because I don't think I can get through them when the reality is I can with loads of room to spare. In short, whilst I am definitely overweight I see myself as much bigger than I really am - very weird.

Another good day. I'm enjoying this new calorie cycling malarky as it would appear to have the potential to stop me from getting bored which is a major factor for me.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:21 AM   #89  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

doughnut i do the same thing with pants. i work at a clothes store and so ill see a pair of jeans and think "if only i was thin enough to fit into those" and then ill check out the size and realize that they are my size. its kind of an out of body moment where i realize that my perception of myself is still not accurate.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:06 AM   #90  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Down to 144.4 today - it seems to be coming off in dribs and drabs - 0.2 a day at the moment. Still that's 1.4 a week, so I can't really complain so long as it keeps going down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughnut View Post

Robsia - bored of the snow yet? I am a bit as there doesn't seem to be any end to it. Another 3 inches yesterday and no sign of a thaw here. I'd've thought you'd've been worse off where you are
Definitely bored of the snow - even my 8 year old is bored of the snow now!

We hardly ever get snow here because we are by the coast and the salt means the freezing point of the whole area is that bit lower. Sometimes the entire country can be covered in snow and we have nothing!!

But a lot of it has gone now - although the pavements are still icy.
Closed Thread