Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 10:25 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Happy new year!

I'm feeling very relieved right now... relieved to be back to work, where I've got a fixed amount of food with me, and I'm busy all day to keep my mind off of food. Also relieved that a gym on campus is open again - even if it's only one gym (of 4) and it's not exactly my favorite.

Yesterday I continued to eat too much... although I did exercise, so that's a start. I'm up a few pounds since before the holidays... at 132.8 as of this morning.

Time for my morning snack... after all the eating I've done lately, my body is thrown off, and I'm sooo hungry right now.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:16 PM   #32  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

mayness-The holiday eating has made it tough to get back to eating properly. It's so easy to get into bad habits! I was more hungry than normal the last few days coming off the food fest that is late December, but my cold probably isn't helping either!

I still have a few holiday pounds to shed, but there's no guilt since I chose to handle the holidays this way in advance. I'm happy to say my exercise routine has re-started nicely and today food has been much better. My regret over the holidays was that I let my exercise fall by the wayside for a week and a half. That was a mistake! I'll know better for next time.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:49 PM   #33  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Ok - how did this happen? I've been back on my weight loss regime for a week and was looking forward to weighing this morning. Was secretly hoping for 2-3lbs (it's week 1 after all) but would have been OK with 1lb. What I was not expecting was zilch, absolutely zilch after a week's solid effort. I'm a calorie counter with a fanatical mathematical approach so I know EXACTLY how many calories I had - how did this happen????
Old 01-04-2010, 02:56 PM   #34  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

doughnut...breathe......fat may be down and water may be up. The scale is not always an accurate representation. If you were faithful to the program, then results will come.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:28 PM   #35  
Doughnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
doughnut...breathe......fat may be down and water may be up. The scale is not always an accurate representation. If you were faithful to the program, then results will come.
Thanks - I needed to hear that, it's enough to drive you (ok me) to cake!
Old 01-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #36  

Height: 5'4"

It feels good to be back on track today. The scale is up but I'm going to give it until Saturday to change my ticker since it's TOM and I'm hoping some excess sodium water weight. I must be doing something right today since I keep having to pee.

Doughnut - I agree with ennay, it sounds like everything will all balance out soon. Don't get discouraged and keep on doing what you know works.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:24 PM   #37  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Danger, danger - I had a slip yesterday. Was all ready to go to the gym for a run and for various reasons didn't go, then felt majorly grumpy about not going so ate a bunch of white bread (homemade, OK, but STILL - not something I really eat in general). I ended up not even tracking my calories - but I'm pretty sure I didn't eat *enough* and either way, they certainly weren't healthy calories.

<sigh> Constant diligence. Something I'm not so good at...

Anyway - off to my Body Pump class to get my hour/day of exercise in. Tomorrow is SUPPOSED so be a run day again, so we'll see how that goes. I think I'm just not motivated to go running since I finished C25K. Now they're just boring 30' runs on a treadmill (which by the way are NOT easy for me yet!). Hence, no motivation. Gotta think about this more...and find some other goal, maybe. I'm mostly just biding my time until it's warm enough to run outside. I have asthma and I have big problems trying to run outside in the cold

Oh, and I just wanted to say that it is really helpful reading everyone else's experiences. I don't know anyone else who is really in a similar situation to mine. I feel stronger to bounce back from setbacks after coming here, rather that moping for a while - so
Old 01-04-2010, 06:00 PM   #38  
Ilene the Bean

Doughnut -- back... Sometimes, just sometimes, the numbers just don't add up ....

Weigh the same as before the holidays...

Reviewed some New Years day pics and juist want to scream !! How did I let this happen, AGAIN!
Old 01-05-2010, 02:44 AM   #39  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Doughnut - I know how disheartening that is - especially in the first week of a diet when you expect to lose quite a lot of water weight. Try not to let it get to you - and keep going - it WILL come off.

Well, after my first day back on the wagon - I'm down 1.4 - lol! Wouldn't it be great if we lost 1.4 lb every day!! I would lose my entire goal in ten days.

Still, it's a good start.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:41 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

YIKES! I weighed in today and I am up 8 lbs since Christmas Eve! How is that even possible??? I went on vacation right after Christmas through this past Sunday, so that was definitely the problem. Yes, I overindulged quite a bit, but also had days with miles of walking and healthy eating. Ugh, it's upsetting. I have to get back on track NOW! I've been struggling with snacking way too much in the late afternoon and evenings. I always seem to do the right thing until about 4:00 pm. Then the snacking begins!

Anyway, I'm back and hoping to drop this holiday/vacation weight ASAP and get back to losing these last few pounds.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:13 AM   #41  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

I'm sore today from my new ST'ing yesterday which lets me know it's working! Otherwise, I'm a bit annoyed with myself for overindulging in the cookies last night. I was doing well and then just went temporarily insane apparently. Anyway, new day that's too busy to find time to overeat until the night, but then I'll watch TBL and feel motivated to behave!
Old 01-05-2010, 11:39 AM   #42  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I've been over target calories each of the last 3 days. MIL comes in tonight (sigh...and I thought the holidays were over) dd's birthday is thursday -family party that evening, kiddie party with the most divine chocolate cake in the world on Sunday. I dont like chocolate cake at all and then I found this recipe and it is heaven. Dangit. Not a kiddie cake at all, but dd apparently has sophisticated taste.

OK NEXT week the holidays are officially over. Sigh.

at least running is somewhat back on track.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:00 PM   #43  
Doughnut

Ah, you guys are great

Going off plan wasn't really an option for me because I can't even look at myself in the mirror at the moment. Feeling less grumpy today though as have decided you're all right - it will come off if I carry on.

Having a good day food wise despite an unexpected turn of events. Went to work as normal but was turned round after an hour as arrived in dry, fine conditions, 50 mins later 10 inches of snow. Us Brits aren't known for our ability to cope with snow so the office shut and we were packed off with work to do at home. I eventually got home and then went out for a walk; mainly cos I had to collect a prescription - been sick for two weeks now. Anyhow, is walking in snow extra good for you at all? It took bleeding ages to do the two mile round trip - about an hour, due to the conditions.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:42 PM   #44  

Height: 5'4"

Another day still on plan. My problem seems to be after my last meal. I have to learn to just walk away and give my head and mouth a chance to catch up with stomach. My Jazzercise class has not been as crowded as I had expected for January. Maybe our cold weather is keeping some newbies away. Here is to keep on keeping.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:44 PM   #45  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Hooray, still on plan (I've been back reading for a couple days but have been lurking somewhat, I guess)! And hooray to everyone who's here!

By the way, this isn't really directed to anyone in particular and I realize it's a bit silly, but I'm really grateful that I found this Featherweight section. Thinking of myself as a Featherweight (hey! only a few pounds to lose), rather than a hopeless, shapeless blob, has really helped me feel like I can tackle this whole weight-loss thing.
Closed Thread