Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 02:11 AM   #46  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I'm on target for now but I stayed up too late waiting for dh to come back from the airport with MIL and I am STARVING!
Old 01-06-2010, 10:33 AM   #47  
Ilene the Bean

S/C/G: 165/149/140

Height: 5'3"

Ennay, I hear you about the starving late in the evening... last night I was ravenous at 11pm, I was NOT going to eat... So I had a cup of warm water mixed with a heaping tablespoon of ground flax, boy that really filled me up plus this morning TMI coming up -- I had a great cleans KWIM ...
Old 01-06-2010, 10:34 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I'm down 2.8 lbs since Monday.

I think I was still carrying some junk food water weight, AND some TOM water weight, and it's all falling off now. I'm happy, but cautiously... that's a big drop and I wouldn't be shocked if I bounce back up a little. This does put me at exactly 130.0... I'll be so happy to be back into the 120's like I was a month and a half ago!
Old 01-06-2010, 11:10 AM   #49  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

I had a nice drop this morning too, to get back to ticker weight, though I'm still a couple pounds from my lowest (pre-Christmas). That's what a nice POP day can do for me. I should probabaly have them more often!

Ilene-Good hunger solution! I may have to try that if I get in that situation.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:03 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

I'm on plan, I'm on plan! And I'm feeling so much better! The holiday foods were yummy, but they didn't do much for my energy level nor my mood. Eating better does make me feel better all around. I'm trying to stay on plan until at least the 17th when we have a special birthday dinner planned for my brother. So let's see if I can do it, and not slip up on the snacks!
Old 01-06-2010, 03:27 PM   #51  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Still on plan but the scale is steadfastly refusing to move which is so frustrating, ggrrrrr.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:17 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 127/127/105

Height: 5'1

i was on plan and felling great, but slipped up with a bit of a pizza party yesterday...not too bad though. and i'm back on today! (though sluggish and tired).
Old 01-06-2010, 04:35 PM   #53  

Height: 5'4"

Also on plan for today. Had a snack attack early but was able to keep it under the control with a 100 calorie microwave popcorn bag and a few chips. I'm finding if I chew a piece of gum after my meals it helps me not eat more after. Oh, the things we have to do to keep ourselves in line. Weight seems to be going down, I'll wait until it holds steady for a few days before I change my ticker. Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:13 PM   #54  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

hi ladies

so i finally (finally!) found a real life support system i have a friend who is also wanting to shed a couple pounds, and after we both admitted this to each other, i asked if he would like to lose weight with me. His goal is 18 pounds, and so i leveled with him and said that i would try and lose 18 pounds too.
We both have similar goals: swimsuit season is fast approaching for us, and i want to wear a bikini top for the first time ever this summer.

Im going to try and check in with you ladies more often, cuz while he's going to be a great support, he's still a guy, and we all know how that works out lol
i think he and i should be able to lose at about the same rate tho, because while his body will be able to shed pounds faster, im the more motivated, and more experienced at this whole dieting thing.

yesterday was my mom's birthday and so a birthday dinner did not fit into the plan, but it was fun to celebrate and so im going to start fresh again tomorrow. Im also needing to take a short detox from caffeine (advised by my doctor) and so that is going to be torture!!!
so anyway, i hope you ladies are doing great, im going to try and check in more often. hopefully by this summer ill have a bikini worthy stomach
Old 01-06-2010, 07:24 PM   #55  
Ilene the Bean

S/C/G: 165/149/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughnut View Post
Still on plan but the scale is steadfastly refusing to move which is so frustrating, ggrrrrr.
Me too *sigh* I'm hoping that there'll be a swoosh in weightloss by Friday's weigh in...

Today was on plan foodwise but no exercise though.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:09 PM   #56  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Wow. So on wednesday evenings a friend and I both have girls in dance class at the gym so we were gonna create workouts and "go Jillian on eachother"

Mwahahahahahahaha.... I evil-ly planned a torture session for her tonight. I was gonna kick her butt and make her beg for mercy.

I handed her the workout sheet and said "So what do you have for me?"

"You have to do the workout you just handed me."

That plus almost 8 miles this morning plus I am on track for 1400 calories today.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:31 PM   #57  
Back at it...again!

Another OP day here too. I'm am having some serious pizza cravings (typical pre-TOM stuff), so tomorrow I'm making a healthy flatbread version for lunch. I hope it tricks my body into letting up on the cravings, but we'll see. I really need to stay OP the rest of this week just to get back on track. Here's to healthy choices!
Old 01-07-2010, 04:05 AM   #58  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

kellost - one year I put on 10 lb over Christmas and NY, and this summer I came back from a 2 week holiday 14 lb up - STILL trying to get rid of it!!

Ms Perception - I k now that 'temporarily insane' feeling. I must confess my daughter had a Crunchie chocolate bar in her selection box which she is too young to eat without making a mess everywhere - she is only 2. So instead of giving it to my older daughter or (gulp) throwing it out - I ate it! Day 2 of my new diet and I'm already cheating!!

DOughnut - I'm in Blackpool and I wasn't able to do my run yesterday because of the snow. We hardly ever get snow in Blackpool because of all the salt. My dd is delighted natch.

SKyra - the day I realised I was slim enough to join the featherweights was one of the happiest days of my diet - lol!

Mayness - I'm down 2 lb since MOnday and thought that was good - but 2.8 is really good. Don't question where it came from, just take it!!

timetostart - I chew gum all the time too - other virtually zero calorie tricks are sugar free Pepsi, sugar free jelly and pickled onions!

100percentME - I wore a bikini last summer in Spain for the first time EVER. Felt good - in more ways than one.

ennay - lol about the workout. So - how did it go?
Old 01-07-2010, 10:57 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies -

I've been lurking around here the past few days, so I may as well go ahead & post!

Like many of us, I am starting the New Year higher than where I want to be. 2009 got off to a great start, and I actually was down to 133-135 for a few months - then I went to study in Quebec for five weeks in July and August, and ate some lovely food and was a bit off my exercise routine - it wasn't too bad though; I came back at 140 pounds. Add, then, a very stressful semester - I had a few weigh-ins above 150, and my last weigh-in (the first weekend in December - I've been avoiding the scale since then!) was 149. I haven't weighed in yet in the New Year - I want to be on-plan for a while first so that I can handle the number I see! - but the pants-o-meter puts me pretty confidently at 152.

I've been spot-on with food & exercise so far this year, but I'm wondering if I might not have changed my diet too quickly - specifically, added too much fibre too fast - for the past few days, I've had terrible bloating and gut-rot. Plus being on my period - another few good reasons not to weigh in just yet!

I actually haven't worked out yet today b/c of the lower abdominal pain; I'm hoping it relents enough to let me do an afternoon workout.

Anyway - great to catch up with everyone again - Ennay, Robsia, SusanB, Corazonas, Ilene, DOUGHNUT, anyone else I'm missing - and welcome to all the new folks! This year, I am gonna hit my goal AND STAY THERE!
Old 01-07-2010, 12:38 PM   #60  
Back at it...again!

The scale didn't budge this morning which was disappointing, but still staying OP and have a good healthy day planned. Already have gotten my workouts in and I'm experimenting a bit to get my cals just right. I've resigned myself to the fact that I just can't eat as much as some other people. I didn't wreck my metabolism by doing any crazy starvation dieting, but for whatever reason I just can't go as high as others here on 3FC. I guess I'm fine with it and I'm now just working on cycling calories a bit to coincide with days with heavier exercise. Healthy living is AT LEAST a part-time job for me (if I want to see any results)!

Su-Bee-Sorry to hear about the tummy troubles. I'm sure it'll work itself out since you're putting good things into your system now.

Robsia-MMmmmm...chocolate! DH had a chocoalte bar last evening when we went to the store. I chose not to whic I was so proud of, then the darn scale didn't move at all! NO FAIR!!

ennay-So are you sore today? I'm still sore from ST'ing Monday and today was another strength day, so I chose a shorter workout to hopefully not kill my poor muscles!

100percentME-Sounds good to have a local buddy AND this online support. Plus you have a goal in mind, which always helps. As for me, I've long since given up on the idea of a bikini-ready body after having 3 pregnancies as an obese person (not much elasticity left in the skin). I see you and I have similar stats (height/weight), so I'm totally jealous of your bikini ability!! LOL
Closed Thread