Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:11 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

We love epiphanies! And that's a good one. In fact, it would make a good signature.

I wish folks would stop bringing chocolate to work. I'm staying within a reasonable calorie range but the quality of my foods sucks!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #77  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

losermom! Love your new picture! You look so happy! THANK YOU again for solving the breakfast problem. I used dried cranberries and dried cherries, some walnut pieces, and a smidge of agave nectar. Yum! I expect to have all the Christmas requirements (cards, tree, decorations, spending) done by Sunday, and then I can chill and start the fun part.

SusanB - The only salad format that I can actually love, believe it or not, is McD's Southwest salad with the grilled chicken. It taught me that adding spicy beans makes lettuce less ... blah. And keeps me from getting hungry 30 minutes later. I rinse canned beans and then let them sit in some tabasco, cumin and chili powder overnight.

Ms - congrats on hitting your December goal! I appreciate your support with the backing off Christmas. I'd much rather spend time with friends and family and RELAX instead of all this gifting hoohah. Um, if it's JESUS'S birthday, why the heck are we buying everybody ELSE gifts? Who started this ****? I have a DS10 too. It's a fun age - still little kid, some pre-teen sass, and more independence. It's cool!

maenad - sounds like a crazy schedule.

Amy - oh, I hate it when a cold is trying to get established! I took my hardest line ever with one this week - ZiCam, Vit C every HOUR, and knocking myself out at night with melatonin. It *seems* to be working so far.

kellost and Amy - you're my heroines for getting out in the cold. I can't - I won't. My activities move indoors for the winter. I went to college at Michigan Tech (northern upper peninsula), and I think I just plain busted my lifetime quota for tolerating winter. I am bound and determined to do whatever it takes to move the heck out of MI as soon as DS10 graduates.

mayness - I wouldn't be able to handle honey-roasted ANYTHING - just a 3rd of the can? Well done!

kellost - your soup recipe looks absolutely dynamite! I'm going to get it going this weekend. Mmmm!

Lost last night's swimming workout due to weather. I want to be fit, but I'm not ready to die for it. Now I have to figure out where to jimmy it into the schedule. Something else will just have to go, I guess!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:15 PM   #78  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Down a touch this morning and feeling good. I've got a boat load of stuff to do again today since yesterday my "organizing" took longer than expected. I was TRYING to find the paint colors I'd chosen for the room in our new house. We're supposed to able to paint the end of next week, so it's time to buy paint, but I have to know the colors! Well, I found all but the kids' rooms. I just re-chose those instead of wasting more time searching. On the upside, my room is incredibly organized compared to yesterday! Now time for the usual chores: vacuuming, laundry, etc. so the house in clean when we go away this weekend. I hate leaving a dirty house. Weird?
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:24 AM   #79  

Good morning!

I'm having one of those mornings when I almost tried taking off my glasses and earings to get just one more decimal point out of the scale I hardly ever have a low on Friday. Let's see if that's enough encouragement to keep me on track over the weekend.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:33 AM   #80  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

SusanB, that's funny because my usual lowest weight during the week is Friday. This morning I'm at 134... Go figure.

ICU, I agree on the cold. It's only in and out for me, and the quicker the better!

I have found the answer! Yesterday morning, while eating a cookie, I broke off part of my tooth--and I'm pretty sure I swallowed it. That kind of put the brakes on my eating-fest. I was able to get into the dentist, who drilled out an old filling and replaced it. But it was like a sign from above to quit eating like a pig! My supervisor gave me homemade cookies and candy for Christmas. How sweet of her! NOT. I don't blame her for my tooth, because it was not hard or anything. But the beauty of the situation is that I was unable to attend our work Holiday Party because of my dentist appointment. There have been 3 parties so far this week and I still have DD grad party tomorrow and our cookie exchange on Sunday. I need to get a grip on myself.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:21 AM   #81  
Recovering Pantry Pest

Good morning! I cannot believe there's only 2 weeks to Christmas. On the other hand, I'm grateful that in 2 weeks and one day, Christmas will be over!

For whatever it's worth, the mood at work is not joyous so we aren't seeing a deluge of goodies. Layoffs are ongoing and the first 6 months of next year include production furloughs that total 10 weeks. So far they haven't told us to schedule our vacations, but seriously, it would be a better business practice to get us out of the non-running plant.

Relying heavily on commitment over motivation at the moment!

Losermom - hope the tooth has no ill effects! That's a kind of drastic way to end misbehaviors, ! If it works, though ...

SusanB - I'm kind of glad my scale measures in 1/2 pounds. No fighting with the decimals! I would stress over those, I know!

Ms - I wish I had your drive to be concerned about the house. It IS nice to come home to a clean one and I get that every two weeks on Wednesday. I get ZERO help with keeping things picked up and wiped down, so I hired a service to clean. Every other Tuesday night is a bit of a scramble to remove the clutter, but it sorta works.

Have a good weekend, everyone! Not sure if I'll be able to check in - it's going to be a wild and crazy busy couple of days. Stay out of the cookies!
Old 12-11-2009, 02:31 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 133/132/118

Height: 5'4"

I have been doing alright the last few days, haven't gone near the scale because of TOM. I feel a bit lighter, but who knows! I woke up with a bit of a cold/fluish thing. have been moping around the house all day. I had originally planned to go for a run this morning, but i wasn't feeling well enough. and even if i had it is freezing out! the weather is all stormy, and cold. I guess winter weather is officially here!
maenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:32 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

I've been doing well on eating! I'm trying to be as good as I can now because the Christmas through New Years time is looking dangerous food-wise! Did a LOT of Christmas shopping this week, so I'm feeling good about that. One thing I had to do is buy a gift card for my sister at one of my favorite pizza places. So I drove there, bought the card but did not eat there! I did have to smell it though, and man it smelled good! LOL. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:43 PM   #84  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

I've been gaining and losing the same 2 lbs over the past two weeks... sigh... but at least that means I'm maintaining, right?

kellost, oh my goodness, I don't think I could resist pizza... congrats!! That takes real self-control.

Today I didn't make it to dinner and had to substitute with unhealthy tiramisu cake in the fridge... but I was proud that I limited myself to a fair dessert size (maybe 300 calories) instead of the whole slab, LOL.

Update, 12/12: Bad night tonight, completely fell off the wagon in terms of eating. Don't even want to think about it. Six hours later, I still feel bloated, and even though the scale doesn't show it, I can sure feel that extra piece of chicken and brownie and chocolates and... But now I'm going for a run so at the very least I can feel like I burned a *little* off and did something good for myself today. Tomorrow is a new day!

Last edited by lackadaisy; 12-13-2009 at 01:05 AM.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:17 AM   #85  

Yesterday's menu consisted of KFC, lite beer, one hard boiled egg and a 100 cal snack bar. And ... believe it orrr not ... I slept poorly and feel quite draggy this morning.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:39 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Today was not such a good day eating-wise for me, but I will be better tomorrow, I'm promising myself! I made gingerbread cookies with my family (a yearly tradition). We had a blast but I WAY overate on the cookies, then did too many snacks, and later a burger! Don't know what's with me on the snacking lately. I've gotta get it under control. I'm thinking I won't see a loss this week, but hopefully not a gain either. Trying to maintain at the very least, but I really want to lose. Gotta stop the excess snacking! I have a dress I'm wanting to wear on New Year's Eve, and I keep trying to remind myself of that.

Hoping everyone else is doing well this weekend!!!!
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:16 AM   #87  

Good morning everyone!

I had a tough weekend. I realized that my drinking has gotten a bit out of control. I am taking a full on break from my social life for a few weeks. This should help with weight lose as well. I currently have a two bloody and bruised knees, a scabbed hand and a cut that runs all the way down my shin, which is so bruised and swollen my leg looks deformed. not looking for sympathy, did it all to myself by drinking too much at my GF Bachelorette party. The real bummer is that i can hardly walk, let alone go back to running.

I am working everyday until Christmas, this is very good for me. I need to work everyday, it helps me. Plus it sucks to teach when you feel bloated or full, and you get self conscious if you have a belly up there, so this is good.

Hope you are all fairing better than me!
Old 12-14-2009, 09:37 AM   #88  
Recovering Pantry Pest

Maenad - eek! Sounds like quite a party! But you've recognized it and are taking some steps to correct. I can relate - I was overdrinking as recently as last October. Found too that more than one drink totally destroys my ability to censor my food choices, and now that I'm fighting off the last few pounds, I just can't afford the calories from the alcohol or from the "standard" bar fare. We've ended up hosting more parties at home now instead - it's cheaper, the food is FAR better, and the overindulgers don't have to travel.

I had a decent weekend. Not perfect, but better than the historical average. Still too much holiday stuff left to do to relax, but at least the tree got decorated.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:02 AM   #89  

ICU- thanks! i'm glad i'm not the only one that over does it. I went several years in college where i just stayed away from alcohol, because i am a bit of a light weight and do stupid things. I think it has just become bad again, and i know i can stop on my own. I think hosting get-togethers at home will also help, no walking home!
Old 12-14-2009, 01:09 PM   #90  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

I went overboard on grandma's homemade candies this weekend and found myself up about 3 pounds today. The plan is to drink lots of water and get back to normal eating. The weight should be gone in a few days. UGH! But the candies were SO freakin' good!!
BTW, my grandma is supposed to be released from the hospital today. She seemed to be recovering nicely over the weekend. I loved spending the time with her!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote