Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 12-27-2009, 03:33 PM   #151  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene View Post
Hello my Feather and Merry Christmas

Santa got me my very own laptop love it!

Food has been horrid my own fault... I'll be super careful today I wanted to go run and test out my other new Christmas toy, a Forerunner 505 GPS for running, but it's freezing rain here ... So maybe I'll do a dvd or bike..

Hope every one has a good Boxing Day... Anyone braving the stores today?
I didnt think the 505 was out yet! Maybe only in Canada?
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:38 PM   #152  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

I had a fantastic Christmas, but I'm sure it brought a couple pounds of indulgence. I'll weigh tomorrow to assess the damage. Anyway, I had such a nice visit with family and friends and I managed to not stuff myself, but also showed no great restraint. As is typical, I'll be better off after the new year when all the junk will be out of the house.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:18 AM   #153  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

I'm kind of ready to kick it on over to January
Old 12-28-2009, 11:46 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

My Christmas was nice... on Christmas day we went to a movie (Sherlock Holmes - it was AWESOME!) then out for Chinese food with my mom and her husband. The next day was our celebration with my husband's family - it was fun, but I ate too much junk, for sure. Yesterday I ate too many of the cookies my MIL gave us.

My plan is to eat as healthy as possible for now... except for the night we're going out to eat with my dad... and then this weekend, when we're having our party with my mom's family. I can't wait for the gym to open back up on the 4th!

Today I'm back at work and back on track... but I've had a KILLER headache since yesterday so I'm not sure I'll be able to exercise tonight. I might even go home early this afternoon because I feel so bad... it's making me nauseous and sleepy and I could use a nap.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:11 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

I posted in the wrong thread yesterday! No problem, it was probably rambling nonsense as usual

I'm dumping that fluffy junk food weight (praise the Lord). Yuck! my pants felt terrible yesterday!

I'm pretty proud of my exercise ticker this month!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:16 PM   #156  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

SusanB-You're ahead of me. Saturday is my official "No more junk" day since we still have more holiday get togethers this week and all. Today was nice though.

I ate more fruits and veggies than I have lately and it felt wonderful to get back to my normal food. I shouldn't have any more gain, just the fluctuating I've been doing for the last week or so since I have once good day then one off-plan day and so it goes. Overall I feel alright though. I just need more sleep. I've been up too late with DH watching football of on 3FC trying to keep up with the wonderful people here, so tonight I'm gonna be sure to turn in a bit earlier and get the rest my body is begging for!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:39 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I ate too much dessert on Christmas (actually, the 27th, when the family got together)! It wasn't even very much compared to the past, and I don't feel bad about it, but wow, it sat so heavy in my stomach. That will make it easier next time

I haven't seen any post-Christmas bump. I suppose if it hasn't happened by tomorrow it won't
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:11 AM   #158  

Good morning!

Although I still have had the odd nibbly bit of cookie and some yummy cream in my coffee, I'm down to 134. I think that's a fair representation of how my weight really has gone over Christmas. 5 or 6 pounds of yucky puffy fluffy and a couple of pounds of real overeating fat

With the holidays past, am I within spittin' range of a maintenance weight? Mmmm what an exciting thought!
Old 12-30-2009, 11:53 AM   #159  
Ilene the Bean

Susan, on the «spittin' range of a maintenance weight» I'm going to do it this coming year if it kills me, I really reallly want to weigh 140!!!!!!

JulieJ, I haven't had the post-Christmas bump either for us!! The extra running I did must've helped along with the mega water drinking...

Today has been a very good day so far, I ran this morning and it felt awesome, food is so far so good, and I'm going shopping later... Life is good
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:09 PM   #160  

I'm going to be within spittin' range of poverty if I don't stay away from Victoria's Secret website! Ooooo they have gorgeous coats on sale!!
Old 12-30-2009, 02:34 PM   #161  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Hello, lovely feathers!
I might or might not be a featherweight, it just depends on my goal weight, which is an ever-changing target.
Here's what I posted more than a year ago when I joined 3fc:

Quote:
I seriously need to lose 15 lbs and in my dreams 20-30. Those pounds are mostly in my belly now, which is NOT healthy.
SO....... I just checked my FitDay stats. I am ending the year at a higher weight than I began (by ~3 or 4 lbs). Hmph. So much for all my hard work. This is the year I started exercising regularly and counting calories sensibly (~1400/day).

[FYI, I am 5'6", 149 lbs, small frame (by every measure I've heard about) and nearly 35% fat - so it's not just the scale number I am concerned about.]

What I learned from the chart of last year:
  1. EVERY time I leave the comfort of my home/gym I VERY RAPIDLY put on weight. Like 8 lbs in a WEEK while I was away for Thanksgiving.
  2. IF I really count my calories, paying attention to the quality of my food AND exercise regularly, I can lose VERY SLOWLY, 1-2 lbs/month.
  3. I have gained weight since I started running (C25K). May or may not be cause & effect. The timing coincided with the beginning of cold weather and the holidays.
So that is the situation.

I avoided posting in your chats 'cause I wasn't sure if I was a featherweight and I have not really had any success with losing weight. But here I am, still trucking along and trying to remain positive.

Anyway, I'm not sure what to shake up for the next year, 'cept stick to my dang plan. I am considering *real* strength-training with heavy weights (right now I do BodyPump classes with light barbells) and focusing on consuming more protein (it's always less than 30%)... But beyond that, THEORETICALLY, I have a pretty good plan (I think ).

Looking forward to sharing our struggle, er, I mean JOURNEY TO OUR FITTEST POSSIBLE SELVES! Here's to a feathery New Year
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:39 PM   #162  

No matter what you do Emma, you are welcome here.

We often talk about small tweaks here. I agree with the things you've been considering for the New Year. In fact you'll probably find a couple more featherweights here who are focussing more on weights and protein. Like me!
Old 12-30-2009, 06:31 PM   #163  
Ilene the Bean

Susan, coats on Victoria's Secret? Cool!! I bought a new coat myself this afternoon at Sears...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:06 PM   #164  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

uh-oh. I went shopping for the new years eve party and somehow we ended up with 3 packages of ice cream and 2 packages of cookies. eeesh. avoid avoid avoid.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:17 PM   #165  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

something is wrong here....I am at 1400 calories for the day (low for me). I feel like I must have forgotten to record something. Usually when I decide, no, I really am low and go ahead and allow myself a little something then an hour later I remember what it was I forgot to record. I even tossed in an extra 200 for random nibbles throughout the day.