Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:24 AM   #46  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

Batmomm - You are one focused chick... way to go - I have even resorted to jumping rope in the garage in order to get cardio in... You are an inspiration.

Fergi - When I read your post "I have 12 weight machines I do. Then I get on the treadmill with the encline at 9.0 and the speed at 3.2." My first thought was - CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE.. I love the expression "If you always do what you've always done - you'll always get what you've always gotten". Changing it up may shake things up a bit for you and you'll see some different results.

Lekhika - I too am from the Philadelphia area and love Jamaica... We've been a few times... Your post was nostaligic for me... Ahh...

Have a great weekend ladies!!
Marathon Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:51 AM   #47  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Lately I have been creating no time for working out. I've been mired in potty training, so I can't just sneak in time...the little tyke comes a runnin' anytime he hears the hum of my treadmill. I think it's time to go back to yoga and strength training and hope that the potty training will end by May.

The eating only strayed while in Jamaica..and though I would ordinarily be freaked out about the weight gain. I'm strangely calm and that worries me more than anything. I don't want to get complacent...I do not want to wind up where I was in Winter '07. So...

I've been keeping busy, eating healthy and trying to be nice to the kids.

Welcome to the new friends!

Thanks to the old ones for a warm welcome back!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:59 AM   #48  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

we not as focused as you might think...didn't end up doing abs or jumping or anything lst night. But today I am off to run now and will go further than I had planned.

Dagmar-already bought my own Mother's Day present...
batmomm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 03:58 PM   #49  
fergi

S/C/G: 197.5/188.8/160

Height: 5'6

Marathon Mom you are right.

I am going to try the kickboxing class on Tuesdays. I love boxing. So maybe the kickboxing will be a good cardio and kick up the work out a little.

But I love to get on the treadmill because it really makes me sweat. Especially at that encline and speed.
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:13 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up Boxing - right on!

That's one thing I've always wanted to try. Not so much to "float like the butterfly and sting like the bee" but more to just beat the living c*#p out of the heavy bag!

I can never stick with a class though. Work always interrupts the flow and I then just fade away. And from what I've seen in movies real boxing takes a lot of committment and work.

My DH's best friend has been taking kickboxing for over a year now. He wants to step up to actual sparring but he's afraid of the sight of blood - actually turned green on several occasions after seeing my "dog wounds".

Dagmar (puncher wannabe)
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:16 PM   #51  

Thumbs up Changing it up

You're absolutely right Marathon mom about changing your routine.

I was doing the same stretching workout and just walking and walking at work and my body was totally the same for years. Now, after only 2 weeks with the trainer I'm already starting to see a difference.

Different things hurt too !

Dagmar
Old 04-27-2008, 08:17 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 152/149/135

Height: 5'2"

Default self happy calculator

http://www.self.com/fitness/nutritio...rs/happyWeight

anyway - I am not anywhere near my happy weight
trailgroomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:09 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Default Am I the only one confused by all the ongoing featherweight threads?

Hey girls! I just got back from hour and 10 minutes walk/run. I would say that nearly half of it was jogging. I need to do some crunches, push ups, and chair dips, and I'll be good to go.

Also, I've been noticing that when I come to post, I've become a bit unsure as to where to post. I have traditionally posted on our weekly "plan and chat" thread, whether I am reporting exercise, food issues, or general info. It seems some of the featherweight threads overlap. The weekend warrior thread serves a specific purpose to discuss weekend challenges and successes, but it seems like maybe the "plan and chat" thread and "exercise accountability" thread could be combined, which would make our thread more chatty and less split. Didn't we always used to post our workouts on the regular "plan" thread? It could well be just me - guess I focus better on one thread than many. If anyone else has thoughts on this, please share!!

Have a healthy day girls!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:42 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 152/149/135

Height: 5'2"

Default one combined thread works for me

One thread would work for me too - but I will do whatever is out there

just got back from a 12 mi. bicycle ride - I would like to do more maybe in my next fitness goals

trailgroomer
trailgroomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 05:14 PM   #55  

Question one/many threads

How about one thread for the week (planning & chat) and one for the weekend (warriors)?

Dagmar
Old 04-27-2008, 05:43 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

I like that idea, Dagmar. It's more streamlined, and since we start a new planning chat every week, it never gets too long. I think the weekend one should stay separate because it's a battle all it's own.

I just spent about 3 hours digging and planting... I have a good sore feeling!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:30 PM   #57  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

I like the idea of condensed threads too. Esp b/c it seems everyone is consciously working on the eating and moving. I think if you can make it to featherweights, you really get that it takes both as a lifestyle to make it work. Of course that doesn't mean we don't falter too, LOL
batmomm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote