Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking Planning & Chat for April 21-27

We're almost done with April! Spring is just rushing past!
Any plans for summer eating/exercise? New salad or low cal BBQ sauce recipes to share?

Have a great week all!
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning, morning!

I have to get into the shower but I wanted to say good morning!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:37 AM   #3  

Exclamation Changing the focus this week

Good morning all!

I have been concentrating on just getting the new training routine in gear and dealing with DH's new schedule.

This week it's time to get back to the calorie counting/writing down the food. I seriously now want to be below 130 lbs by the end of May.

I didn't have such a good weekend with the Weekend Warriors thread this past weekend and am up a lb. from high-fat afternoon snacks and late night over-eating of healthier foods. Lower fat cheese still has a lot of calories .

Have a great week everyone!

Dagmar
Old 04-21-2008, 06:23 AM   #4  
Mum to 4 noisy lads!

Hi. I havent been to the gym for nearly a week now - due to one thing or another. But it is def. on the cards for Wednesday. Have still stayed on track with eating though, so that is something at least. Was naughty on Saturday though - had a mint slice McFlurry at McDonalds - had it for lunch - how UNHEALTHY is that? Cheers, Kerrie
Downunder Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hi girls! I need to do well this week. My weekend was full of obligations, so I didn't exactly eat on plan, and I didn't have time to exercise. Gotta work that in this week.

Have a great day
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:12 AM   #6  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

last week was definately a bump in my training. I ran maybe half of what I was supposed to. I think kicking up my strength training has and will be great but for now it just makes me tired and sore. This week I will run nice and slow and try to enjoy it again. Also I am going to try to focus on fueling myself with better stuff.

Interestingly I found a "your body's happy weight" calculator and it puts me right where I am. Doesn't mean i don't still want to tone and shed some blubber but it makes me realize why the scale likes to hang out here.
batmomm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Good morning!
Mudpie -- I can't help but notice how close we are in current weight and goal!! I'll race you to the 120s...I cannot even imagine seeing a 120-something on the scale. I think the last time I was below 130 was 5 years ago. And of course, I thought I was so fat at the time! My weight just recently dropped miraculously to 135, which I think I need to get a little used to before I really think about continuing that downward trend. BUT of course I am more than happy to accept the losses if they want to come!!

batmom -- i saw that calc in Self, is that where it was? You sound like you are so fit -- you are certainly below MY happy weight!! Good luck at 115 or 110, whichever works best!

walking -- me too! back OP today!! Goodbye horrible weekend!!

downunder -- you are officially absolved of your Mcflurry sins. Good luck getting that exercise in!!

Susan -- morning!!

So, like I've mentioned, horrid weekend (passover and family and road food -- did you know a Whopper has 19 points?? That is so many!!) But today is the Boston marathon, and what better motivation after I just ran my very first road race on Sat?? Hope you all have wonderful days!!

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:55 AM   #8  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning All - Spring is so motivating to me for weight loss... I haven't lost a lot but I feel as though my cravings are less and my motivation is higher.

Hey Batmomm what race are you training for.. Your posts are inspiring me...

Also - can you share the link to "Your body's happy weight"??

Thanks...
Marathon Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:56 AM   #9  
just a few more...

thx SL and yes it was the one from Self. I'm jealous of you getting access to the Boston Marathon!! I'm originally from western MA but now am in Richmond and they don't broadcast it out here

congrats on your first race too!! They are addicting you know.

while I was on WW I learned that an order of Applebees buffalo wings used up all my points for the day LOL
Old 04-21-2008, 10:58 AM   #10  
just a few more...

hey Marathon Mom! Love the name I am training for the United Healthcare Marathon May 3rd in Greensboro, NC. It's the first year for it and it's nothing fancy but I happen to have friend who lives their and her hubby will watch my boys while I run.

What tri are you training for?
Old 04-21-2008, 11:11 AM   #11  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

Batmomm - I am training for a small sprint triathlon near my home... I wanted to kick start the summer. www.gotthenerve.org

Best of luck on your marathon in May... You go girl! I did my first marathon a few years ago. Most empowering experience of my life. I'll peek at your posts for more motivation.

I'll search for that calculator from Self. Thanks again.
Marathon Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

hey all! i'm taking an optimistic spin on this week because last week - well, we'll just forget that last week happened. it's exciting that so many of you are training for runs. i have been slacking on running for quite some time now but i am doing a 5k on saturday (yes, this coming, yikes!!). i know i won't beat my old time or anything, but it'll be good to get out and back on the road. i agree w/ batmomm that races are addictive!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:52 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I used that "happy weight" calculator and I'm below what they say my happy weight is. But I'm not happy. I think I'd be happy 10 pounds less than I am now. While it might be easier to maintain at what they claim my happy weight is, my tummy is bulging now--I can imagine what it'd look like at that weight!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:48 PM   #14  
just a few more...

yeah I don't think the "happy weight" is really our happy weight LOL. I think it's more where the scale seems comfortable. I still need to get to my happy place.

Looks like a cool tri MM!!

good luck to you Iris, although I'm sure I'll say it again as it gets closer. I am no good at 5k's b/c I want so much to be fast but I'm really not. And 3.1 is a long way to run as hard as you can.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:04 PM   #15  

Question Where is Self please?

I don't know where to begin looking for that "happy weight" calculator - is it on the 3FC site somewhere?

And I definitely need a "happy time" device tonite. Came home to find the neighbours are putting an addition on to their bungalow . We have a mutual drive and I just know it will be blocked (from past experience with him) for the next year. He suggested giving me the end 20 ft. for my car and proceeded to block that when I arrived this afternoon.

DH is livid - hissing, spitting and just ornery! It's going to be a long summer.

But I'm not going to go to the grocery store and drown my sorrows in butterscotch ripple . I have a training session tomorrow and I will be strong about the whole driveway mess.

Dagmar