Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:08 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I've been hearing that I'll just "know" when I'm happy with my weight...my problem is that I can't decide if I am!!!

At my current weight (that REFUSES to change), 163, my BMI comes out just within the "healthy weight" parameters. 10 more pounds from my goal, which would be 150, would be even more within the "healthy" parameters.

I know that the only way to get rid of excess fat/weight is through burning calories and watching intake, which is what I've been doing. There's still some excess I could burn around my stomach and thighs...and I know it'll eventually go away more if I continue to lose weight. Correct?

It's just bothering me that SO many people now are saying "Don't lose more weight!" or "You're getting too skinny!" I know that people are just not used to seeing me this way, but at the same time, I also know that I don't notice a change in myself and think that maybe THEY see something I don't. Know what I mean?
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:00 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

ugh i am EXHAUSTED - i believe because TOM is due anytime today or perhaps tomorrow... i always have this fatigue at this time. i really want to get to the gym but i am trying hard just to fight through the headache and exhaustion and stay upright!

dagmar, i know what you mean about being accountable on here but no one actually seeing you. i think i might go for splurging on personal training at my gym. i've been saving up for the last few months to get my car fixed and as a surprise when the bill came due my father paid it as a birthday present so now i have some extra money!

welcome back lekhika. i hope you had a fabulous time in Jamaica!

claire i must get back into the groove right now too. good luck to you - get moving! =)

mindi, yes my understanding is that those pesky spots will diminish as you continue working out/losing weight... mostly there's no way to spot train. and you're right on with knowing when YOU are happy. as long as you don't have a major body image disorder, it's usually a personal realization. and i'm sure you're just fine currently and at your goal of 10 lbs lower since they're both within a healthy range for your height.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:00 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Talking Lotse different stuff

lekhikaThat's what vacations are for - taking a break from everything, including dieting! You'll lose the 4 in no time!

iris I wish I had taken the plunge and hired a trainer years ago, instead of two gym memberships which didn't accomplish much. Since the focus is all on you, with your particular body, goals, and time frame, the program is so tailored to you that you seem almost immediate results if you follow the plan.

lizzy It can be so hard when you don't have the financial resources to do what you want. I had to spend 2 years living with my father as his slave/servant when I started my business, before I made enough money to pay the rent and car expenses and got outta there pronto! The DH is a good guy basically, but he has his moments where I want to slap him upside the head and say "grow up"!

Mindi You are the one who decides what your "happy weight" is and it sounds like you're not there yet to me. Your husband is probably feeling threatened, as mine is, by the "new" you and worried that other men will find you as attractive as he does.

I ate a couple of cookies this afternoon, left out for me by a client. Don't know why my brain deems the calories at a client's to be "free" but at least I only had 2 of the 6 cookies left for me. Handy critters labs - will eat anything I give 'em - and they sure like cookies of any kind.

Dagmar (binge not!)
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:58 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 165/159/125

Height: 5'6

Hey guys! I'm somewhat new here and I figured posting here might be a good idea. Its great to see how everyone is getting along day by day, especially since we all seem to encounter the same type of obstacles weight and food-wise.

I had a midterm in human nutrition today, so I've been studying my brains out all day. I still managed to eat well though (maybe because of the subject I was studying...). I try to aim for under 1500 per day. I still have a few calories left, but I'll probably need a snack later tonight. I will exercise later today when I need a homework break (yay procrastination!).

I hope all of you guys are having a fantastic day!!
ShadesofGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:28 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Gray and welcome back Lehika! I'm so jealous of the Jamaica trip - it sounds wonderful!!

Dagmar - I'm so glad the trainer is motivating you! It sounds like such a positive experience that I am seriously considering one.

I had a good day... right around 1300 calories (finally back on daily plate after 4 days of entering) and I had a really good 1 hour 15 minute very brisk walk with a bit of jogging. I need to do some push ups and chair dips for my flabby arms and I'll be good to go.

Now I just need to have several good days together. If I want to wear shorts and sleeveless shorts this summer this fact in nonnegotiable!

Here's to another good day tomorrow for all of us!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:31 PM   #36  

P.S. Where is Ennay? Hope all is well with her - probably just busy. Also, I think of Tamsie sometimes because I know she was going through all those treatments. And... while I'm on the subject, I miss Barbara! I know she's still around, just not on this thread.

It's funny how you kinda get attached to people here and miss them when you don't "see" them for a while!
Old 04-24-2008, 05:40 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! It's nice to see some new folks!

PM someone if you miss them. I'm sure they'd appreciate knowing we think about them.

Shakes? ... I buy plain whey protein isolate at a bulk food store. I start with frozen fruit, water, a packet of splenda and a scoop of protein. It's about the only way I get get breakfast into me. I stay full a long time.

Dagmar ... I think motivation is catching. I always feel more like gettin' goin' after I read here about gals who have.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:27 AM   #38  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Ok...back to the grind. I had also taken some few days of recovery after we got back from Jamaica and though I feel like, I should have kept a better watch over what I ate, I'm ok.

I want to lose 4 pounds by the time "official" summer rolls around.

Great to see everyone! Thanks for the welcomes. Jamaica was just fantastic and totally relaxing. Even the flight experience was amazing. Philly airport was nice (even at 4 in the morning) and of course Montego Bay airport was nice too...

We're going to be booking our trip next year as well...going to reserve our places for next year. Woo!!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:46 AM   #39  

Question This sounds so weird

But it would explain a lot.

Since I started with the trainer I'm already noticing a difference in the definition of my body. I was muscular and strong to start with so her exercises are amplifying what I already had and developing what I don't.

DH has let himself go to the point where he's (forgive me dear heart) an obese slug. His waist measurement is almost 10 inches more than my hips!

I think he's jealous of me using the trainer and that's where the sabotage is coming in. Did I mention the cookies and ice cream (avoided that) last night?

My solution was to politely ask him this morning to let me know when he was bringing stuff like that home. And to not be offended if I stayed in my office and listened to music instead of joining him "at the trough" (I didn't use those words).

I can't stop him from hurting himself with the food/lack of exercise. I am showing a good example by working on my own body. But enough is enough. I don't want all of my hard work to go down the drain. Maybe the lightbulb will go on for him after he sits there by himself for a month or so. I hope so.

Someone said they "miss" people who have moved on to other threads. SusanB, what is PM? I would like to send one of those to Barbara.

Dagmar but
Old 04-24-2008, 09:24 AM   #40  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

morning!! I've got 6 miles to fit in somewhere today. I was really hoping to get it done outside but I'm hosting playgroup for the kiddos. Most likely I'll have to hit the tm later.

Dagmar-first PM is private message. You can send them by clicking in the top right hand corner where it says private messages or you can click on someone's picture and it will bring up the box. Our dh's sound similar but mine actually has plans to go to the gym today so we'll see what happens...
batmomm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:33 PM   #41  
fergi

S/C/G: 197.5/188.8/160

Height: 5'6

Default Still have the winter blues

Well I know April is ending but...........I can't get motivated. I dread this time of year. That means I have to wear short sleeve shirts and shorts. I am not where I wanted to be by now.

I need to get some motivation to get to the gym. What times are best for yall to go? I figured it would be easier in the morning before work. I know that after work I am so exhausted that I all I do is plop on the couch.

I also need tips on the an excercise routine for the gym. This what I do now. I have 12 weight machines I do. Then I get on the treadmill with the encline at 9.0 and the speed at 3.2. I feel like I get a workout on the treadmill but not on the weights.

Any suggestions????
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:04 PM   #42  
just a few more...

hi Fergi, I just posted a good strength workout on the thread called "kicking it up a notch" or something like that.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:03 PM   #43  

hey girls - i'm just getting home from lots of errands. I entered calories and am sitting at just a little under 1,000. The rice crackers I took in the car with me for errands upped my cals. I should have put a serving in a baggy but instead i took the whole bag and ended up eating two servings. Ugh. I am going to have an egg white omelet with light feta cheese and a large salad for dinner. I also still need to find motivation to exercise - all I want to do is sit on the couch!

Glad everyone else is having a good day!
Old 04-24-2008, 07:39 PM   #44  
just a few more...

sadly I want to go running but the kiddos need to get to bed soon, dh is closing tonight, have no tm at home. I guess one they're in bed I'll do some abs and maybe some aerobic-y work on ds4's new trampoline
Old 04-25-2008, 06:00 AM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmomm2000 View Post
sadly I want to go running but the kiddos need to get to bed soon, dh is closing tonight, have no tm at home. I guess one they're in bed I'll do some abs and maybe some aerobic-y work on ds4's new trampoline
You are one determined lady batmomm. I really admire how you squeeze in the workouts and cope with the kids at the same time. Tell your family, from me, to give you a bunch of workout time as a Mother's Day gift

Good job!

Dagmar