Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-13-2007, 08:02 PM   #61  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

Hello all.

I'm new here, or at least delurking. I posted my long and yawn-inducing story in the "Featherweights -- what's your story" thread. Just wanted to jump into the "chat" thread, too, and say howdy.

Glad I found this forum. Have a good weekend, all!

kaw / kim
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:31 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hi all - I haven't been around much this week, since I started teaching summer school, and I have not been home much. I'm going to start checking in more regularly though because 3FC (all of you) really help me to stay focused!

I've been going to the gym after work because it's so incredibly hot that doing anything outside (biking, running, even walking) is pretty miserable. I'm down one lb. today... not much, but I'll take it!

Sounds like lots of good progress for all the featherweights! Speaking of trainers (Stie and Barb), I have noticed a strange situation at the gym this week. There's a woman working out with one of the gym trainers. I think she is fairly new to our gym; I'd say she's in her 40s and maybe around 30 lbs. or so overweight. I have never seen this trainer in action with a client, I just know that he is a trainer at our gym. Well, as he stands with her while she is on the weight machines or doing sit ups or whatever, he could not possibly look more bored. He barely talks to her or even looks at her. He stands, tapping his foot, looking around the gym (as though he's trying to find someone to talk to maybe), and just looking so incredibly uninterested. I feel so sorry for this gal. I'm thinking, here she is trying to get jump started on a fitness program, she really wants to be motivated, pushed, inspired, and she's paying good $$ to have someone help her do that. He is clearly a dud. I wish she would fire him. Just my little gym vent.

Susan B... I noticed you have lost that last 10 lbs.! That is so awesome! I took a peek at your fitday and gotta ask... how are you doing so well with all the 600 calorie blizzards?? Those would do me in! Share your secrets, please!!

Have a great weekend, folks!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:39 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Um ... I dunno ... I guess because they don't throw my cals outta whack too badly. I know I should be eating something healthier but ... it's summer ya know? While I'm a big promoter of whole natural foods, the reason I like calorie counting so well is that you can do things like that if you're willing to take responsibility for it.
Could I have lost my weight quicker or steadier or something without ice cream? probably. Am I willing to live without ice cream forever? NO!

You'll make a way.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:44 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Default Food day?

Food day at work - you Americans are wonderful! Never heard of such a thing.

In my case it would involve fighting off a bunch of labrador retrievers in a small car (one stole my snack this morning by dodging OVER the dog barrier, unzipping my backpack, prying open a tupperware container, and scoffing down 1/3 of a package of Korean potato crisps - about 100 calories for a huge effort on his part). This all happened in 2 minutes while I was putting another dog inside her house.

I don't have food day at work, for obvious reasons.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:36 AM   #65  
Still Trying

S/C/G: 132/132/120

Default Food Days!

Ohhh Dagmar,

Consider yourself lucky that you don't have them!!

Normally there is one person (me) that brings a veggie tray and then everyone else just brings the most fattening dish on the planet... There is a girl that makes THE best spinach/artichoke dip, it's just sinful! The funny thing about work is that when there is a food day, if you don't eat the food, everyone just gives you a whole lot of grief!! "C'mon Patty, you can have just one little piece of cheesecake" Evil, I'm telling you!!

Basically food day is everything you have ever craved, on any given day, all laid out nice and neat for your choosing.. They always land on a Tuesday, so we just call them "Fat Tuesday" it's very appropriate, trust me!

I suppose if everyone eats it together, maybe you don't feel as guilty..

I did good though, I only took part in the veggie tray, fruit and the 45 calorie yogurt as a snack..

Although your "food day" sounds a little more hectic!

Patty
nometabolism74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 02:28 AM   #66  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Talking Crack me up!

Dagmar, you gave me a good laugh!

I KNOW! I SHOULD BE IN BED!!!

But before I do that, I need to confess that I had a Halloween sized Coffee Crisp tonight. My DS came home from a birthday party with a loot bag full of mini chocolate bars. He didn't see that he dropped one in the back seat of the car, so I grabbed it, locked myself in the bathroom once I got inside, and ATE IT, so there!!! Isn't it such a mystery who we think we're fooling by sneaking a sweet. Insanity, plain and simple.

Anyhoo, I finally made my Harvest Soup tonight and had a wonderful dinner as a result. I think I went too heavy on the butter on my Ry-Crisp, but who knows.

I REALLY want the scale to tell me that I am at least one pound down on Monday when I weigh in, but I am afraid it isn't going to say that. The past two days, I have really had to fight the urge to fall and fall hard. I guess I'm afraid I will be disappointed on Monday. This too shall pass, I suppose. Just thought I would share my distress with you all.

BlueToBlue The chocolate chip banana loaf was hollering that loud!!! Such a devilishly, noisy, naughty loaf!
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:30 PM   #67  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Default Checking in

Well, I finally dragged my butt to bed. Not a good idea to stay up so late with this canker sore! I should be giving my body a lot of rest!

Still so curious as to whether I have lost a pound or not, but I am going to wait until Monday. I need to keep my original goal in mind, which was to eat right so I feel light. Somehow it doesn't feel like enough to keep me focused.

Anyways, I had an OP morning and expect to continue OP for the day. Where is everybody?
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:17 PM   #68  

Talking You crack ME up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clykk View Post

But before I do that, I need to confess that I had a Halloween sized Coffee Crisp tonight. My DS came home from a birthday party with a loot bag full of mini chocolate bars. He didn't see that he dropped one in the back seat of the car, so I grabbed it, locked myself in the bathroom once I got inside, and ATE IT, so there!!!
ROFLOL I can just see you in the bathroom with this teeny tiny chocolate bar clutched in your hands, eyes darting around as you gobble it down!

I hide snacks n' things in my filing cabinet and quietly sneak them. If DH calls out and asks what I'm doing I just yell back "I'm doing some filing hon, I'll be out soon". He once remarked that my breath smelled of chocolate and I told him it was a new flavour of breath mints .

I have nothing "in my files" this week and I am still OP. My weigh-in is tomorrow - Sunday - and I'm hoping for a 1 lb. loss too!

Cheers!
Dagmar
Old 07-14-2007, 05:39 PM   #69  

Hi everybody! I'm having a lovely day. Dh and I spent part of the morning at a farmers market. I drooled in the grocery thread It's cooler so I'm cooking and doing some laundry. Very casual, very relaxed. If I could just weezle around to doing some legs ... it'd be pretty much on plan.

On the weekends where I work, they either order out or have potluck at lunch. I don't do either. At first they kinda sneered at me but now ... uh, it's Susan ...
Old 07-14-2007, 09:56 PM   #70  

Don't envy me my ice cream gals. I choked on it tonight ... walking home! Ack ... I think I blew out something in the back of my head. What a terrible ache!

My kids would call that a God smack.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:10 AM   #71  

Unhappy weigh-in woes

Didn't drop the lb. like I thought I would. Gained one instead putting me back above 140 by a hair (.4 lb to be exact). Strange as at Friday's weigh-in I was 138.8, Saturday 139.8, and now 140.4

I have been very carefully staying OP. Even when we went out to dinner last night I ate very modestly and tried to stay low cal. I'l wait 'til tomorrow morning to change the ticker back to whatever - this "mystery weight gain" is very frustrating.

Dagmar
Old 07-15-2007, 09:25 AM   #72  

Good morning!

Dagmar? Have you been tracking somehow so that you can check to see what's different between your week and you weekend?
And keep in mind that a liter of water weighs one kilogram. That's not really all that much fluid if you spread it over your entire body.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:01 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Ten pounds from goal!! I was a happy camper this morning when
I stepped on the scale.My starting weight is at a point where I had regained after a successful losing streak. My all time high is 206 . might have been more, I pretty much avoided the scale during that period.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:48 PM   #74  

Bargoo -- What a great accomplishment to be 138 from 206! When did you start your losing journey? Keep up the excellent work!

Dagmar -- I really wouldn't
Old 07-15-2007, 01:55 PM   #75  

Wow. The kitten I'm babysitting just leapt onto the keyboard and posted for me!! He's a frisky one!

What I was saying before kitty jumped up, Dagmar, is that I don't think you should fret about that pound. I really think a little water weight (maybe you had some salty food?) would account for that, especially since you've been OP. I bet you'll see a loss next week!

Susan - I think now that you are at or under goal, you can treat yourself to a summer ice cream if you want! Just eat slowly so you don't get anymore head freeze! LOL. I think if I could walk to an ice cream shop, I'd be in trouble. We have to get in the car and drive to go anywhere. I've always wanted to live in a place where I could walk to get groceries, eat, etc.

I am having a good weekend... I walked yesterday with a girlfriend for an hour. We walk really fast and it is a good work out, especially when we do the hilly route. Later, my husband had gone out, and it had cooled down and the sun was setting. Something inspired me to put on my shoes and go for another walk. I felt really good, and I ended up running (well, jogging) for another 25 minutes. Came back and did 15 pushups. So, today, I am going to go for a bike ride, and stay OP with the eating. I'm getting ready to cut up a cantaloupe for a snack.

Have a great Sunday everyone. Eat healthy, move, be happy!